ive played most main MMORPG'S

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
but i still prefere mir tbh. i like WOW but i think its crap tht it stops at lvl 70 doesent give you anything to play for after 70

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
but i still prefere mir tbh. i like WOW but i think its crap tht it stops at lvl 70 doesent give you anything to play for after 70

...........................................................................................................

I'm shocked i really am, you've played it yet you think there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING after 70? Good god, Right then lets get started.

Tier 5
Tier 6
PvP
Arena
Instances
Preparing for rise of the lich king
And much more

That's just off the top of my head.

Sorry to break it to you but there's so much more.

p.s the dots are there because im bored =D

...........................................................................................................

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
name the mmo's youve played. i bet i can name atleast a dozen you havnt.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
I don't get all these "Mir owns WoW" fags and im sick of having to silence them all. I agree though, for some people WoW stops at level 70, those people are people without a clue.

At level 70, the very least you can do is get the Battleground PvP gear, and you can do that solo. If your not a loner and group, there is arena, and the Dungeon 1 and 2 Sets. 10 friends or a small guild gets you Karazhan. There is at least 2 months worth of content in karazhan alone, grind 5000g for an epic flying mount, then get a netherdrake. Find a raiding guild and raid. There is at least a year of content available in WoW for someone who wants to raid, and plenty of distractions as well.

Mir pretty much stops at level 30, why? Cos level 30 you go to some cave
stand in a corner, and then press 1 or 2 keys all day. You save up weeks of gold to get an item that has 1 whole extra ****ing stat on it, then repeat. level 30, get a Jmace if you can afford it, there you have bout 4 more weapons to loom forward to, most of which you will probably never own.

Mir is a dying game, but Wemade are pathetic and are clinging to it, like a son that still has his mothers corpse rotting in his cupboard because he can't let go. It was a succesful game, but they need to move on. Webzen where succesful with MU about the same time Mir2 was out. The games they are coming out with soon are some of the most anticipated in the world, and WeMade have... mir2, 1999 graphics and a new sword that 2 people on each server will own after a year.

Mir sucks, the companies behind it suck, and the game should die.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
nah wow is better than mir but i prefere to lvl and when u get 70 your all equal people shud be able to be better than each other on a game because some people put more effort into them dont think it shud have a lvling limit

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK

nah wow is better than mir but i prefere to lvl and when u get 70 your all equal people shud be able to be better than each other on a game because some people put more effort into them dont think it shud have a lvling limit

Kinda contradicting yourself?

Oh and people at still un equal at 70, differant classes, differant talents, differant kits. Need i go on? because each point your saying is not very good at all...

L2P, get level 70, find out how hard it is from there tbh, you sound like you haven't got a single level 70 so don't knock it till you've tried it.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
mir is a great game. just the copy behind it sucks. you'd think wemade (apparently being very popular in korea) would update this game, and give it more of their time.

graphics have nothing to do with it, although it helps, as most ppl only play a game becoz of its new graphics, you can still have the same experience in a ****ty graphic one.

take ultima for example, worst graphics eva (worse than runescape) and its got billions of players.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
erm ive played mir now for ruffly 4-5 years and getting sick of it, on sunday after i finish work im probably going to download wow and give it a go.

i think wemade are 'clinging' to mir as it still brings the money in, after all you dont close something that runs itself more or less unless youre losing money on it, and its the same as p69 i think scorpian does a few changes here and there a few updates but the rest of the time he cant be ****ed with it and it does fine.

and i doubt youve played most mmorpg games.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
i played a few lvl 70's and stilll dont find it to be that good because im not a quest sort of person all i eva do is lvl

... Yeah... You PLAYED a level 70 but do you own one, do you have the patience to get it better, end-game is overphrased, it's where the game gets good.

I mean even if you don't have time to raid, It's piss easy to get Dungeon 3(Atom you said Dungeon 1 & 2 - They are level 60 :D) Or the PvP blues, i mean you can get into a good Arena team with pvp blues... Then you get Gladiator, which is epic and therefor being purple and sexy.

i got to lvl 30 n cudnt be botherd to pay no more paying a one of payment on a game isnt so bad but sucks having to pay every month

Just noticed that... So your telling me you got to level 30 and didn't want to continue? And your ALSO saying the whole game sucks because there is nothing to do at 70? SORT yourself out.......

Also, you've never played euro mir? You pay every month for that you know...

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Only reason people come back to mir is its simplicity at the end of the day it takes aproximatly 1 month to grasp the game after that youve got it although people seem to think oo ive been here since day 2 of beta i know everything about mir loads more than you youve only played 6 months or something its a basic game easy to grasp and easy game play thats why its addictive.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Mir is an addictive game as John said, because it's a simple and easy game to get use to. Wemade knows it's an addictive game, that's why it's still running, and why we're still hanging around here lol, they know fully well that untill it stops addicting people (Which it won't for quite a while) they're going to continue running it because it's good money.

WoW on the other hand is in an entirely different league. Although not addictive, and tbh the beginning content quite ****, most players of WoW believe that 'The end is just the beginning'. You don't experience WoW untill you reach the cap level, soon as you get there, you have so much stuff to do it's incredible, then your hooked for life. I know fully well that if i had the money to pay for 2-3 months to reach the cap level, then i know i'd be glue'd to it and would constantly play.

That's the reason players stick to these games, once your in, theres no going back. These 2 games are a perfect example, they know that even if we do somehow manage to break the grip they have on us, we'd come back eventually.

I myself have come back to Mir after 4-6 months of not playing lol, and once again im playing these private servers.

EMPEROR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
I go with Silkroad Online to be the best MMO i ever played.. Such great game play its unreal.

clowie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2003
Stoke on Trent
first of all wow>mir
in every aspect of gaming wow is better
*graphics
*gameplay
*interface
*content
*style
*storyline
*dynamics
*AI

and reaching the highest lvl the where the game realy actualy starts and who ever said equal has never played wow then it can branch into

pvp
pve
arena

u dont just get 1 set of gear eihter its diferent depending on wat u aim for healing/damage/surviabilty so on and u can change ure class using the talents to build it into many different way of playing

and 1 think tht finishes it all of to be better then mir is the quests mir is **** in comparison and real mir well tht just bed time for me priviat is ok but wow is a feeling lol

regards Luneytune (al akir)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al'Akir&n=Luneytune

Last edited:

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
dno i liked wow but there was no real action to it and in pvp it didnt take skill it was just who had the most power that won but i went on a raid before and enjoyed it was pritty fun

clowie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2003
Stoke on Trent
Its easy just there alot to remember about each class pve good but on any good game it all about owning people

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
PvP about power not skill? Lmao, seriously get off your own thread, that's just stupid at 50-70 the pvp skill you have to use is brilliant ok yeah level 30-40 twinks use skill aswell but main pvp is Alterac Valley imo, as it's excellent, i was alliance lost most of them but the pvp action in it is amazing, i mean is it 40 v 40 i forget but its like a raid PVP it's amazing.

Now lets do mirs pvp shall we...

Wizzard TBOLT TBOLT TBOLT ICESTORM.
Warriors -> Fsword, Halfmoon, LR, CHM..
Tao -> Poisen, Deva, Sfb, and so forth..

Shaman Frost Shock -> Totems -> Stormstrike -> Shamanistic Rage -> Healing Wave -> Lesser Healing wave -> Chain lightning. the thing is you can't say wow is crap PvP wise compaired to mir. seriously.

And hang on wait.. hasnt one class in wow got more spells than all of the mir classes put together ? Yes? Thought so.

Everything you have now said has been proven wrong lol.

Give in. You obviously haven't got a level 70 nor actually played properly, now kinda shut up lol. Your proving yourself idiotic in my books due to you haven't experienced this game to it's full.