smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Basically im an A/S Student atm and have been assigned a busniess project, need to produce a busniness plan and research what im doing, i beleive that usually the simple ideas generate the most success, my idea was a very modernised Sandwich bar// cafe that has wireless internet acess. Alot of you are my target audience and i just thought that if i could generate some feed back from alot of different sources my idea and business would become greater and more successful.
Would it appeal to you if you were a student and Uni or college to go to at lunch or in a free? (Most students take laptops, would the internet entice you to go)
Yes i am aware that there would be alot of competition. What would you see as a Unique point of interest in such a business?

Thanks in advance.

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
Got to offer something more than WiFi, since everywhere has free WiFi these days. Every Cafe, Coffee Bean, Starbucks, general hang out place, and even State ran hospitals have free WiFi.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Offer a wee deal or something like buy a coffee and use our wifi and get a free packet of crisps or something.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Student offers

Coffee, Sandwich and Wifi - £3.00

Also, Make the place fun.. Like. Eat a footlong sandwich in 60seconds or less and get it for free.

Just simple offers always attract people.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Student offers

Coffee, Sandwich and Wifi - £3.00

Also, Make the place fun.. Like. Eat a footlong sandwich in 60seconds or less and get it for free.

Just simple offers always attract people.

Excellent!!

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Cheap weed

Buy an 8th for £30 get free rizzlers and lighter.
And something like extra £3.00 and get bright coloured hippyfied t-shirt :P

students love the green

then sell chocolate 2 so wen they get the munchies ull be laughin

Last edited:

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Lmao, thanks for the feed back guys =] and yeah, doing some other research and people would apparently much prefer star bucks etc D=

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Ok, So now what? You cant just let StarBucks win, You have to compete.. Offer something they dont. Live bands. comedians etc. Guitar hero competition night.

Just stuff that student will jump at.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Ok, So now what? You cant just let StarBucks win, You have to compete.. Offer something they dont. Live bands. comedians etc. Guitar hero competition night.

Just stuff that student will jump at.

Its a sandwich bar, not a pub!! lol

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Cheap weed

students love the green

£30 !! rip off lol

Like others said it needs to be appealing and bit fun of a hang out etc. But cheap deals etc will attract alot of custom in these credit crunch times ^^

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I Didn't say anything about giving up on the idea, its just a concept for a project atm but i would like to venture into this in the future and i do really like the ideas you put forward, thank you prai =]

mapadale

Cheap weed

students love the green

£30 for an 8th, **** me they saw you comming. Cheap thats never been cheap, as a student I remember paying £15 an 8th or like now I get it for my brother at £20 an 8th.......

If £30 is cheap where your from, then I'm moving down there and going to make a killing.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Guitar hero would win in a sandwich bar, everyone at uni seems to love it, even those that don't like games/geeking. Theres a couple of xbox's on a campus bar at my uni, which is always popular.
Also i'd totally use a wifi s'wich place. Starbucks is often very expensive for some students, many prefer a local spoons etc. But if you can match the Starbucks feel with spoons prices you'd do alright.

Local bands/comedians also win as they bring customers that follow that specific band, and therefore buy drinks/food - that's a regular in most uni towns.
/Gand

Status
Not open for further replies.