Dont play Mir, but still visit lomcn

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
For many years when i actually played Mir, i couldnt understand why people would visit a site that they didnt actually play the game on offer.

Now i've not played mir since April, but lately i find myself coming onto lomcn alot more often, especially during my lunch breaks and stuff, and for the life of me i dont know why, i mean i dont have any interest in the game that robbed me of pretty much 11 years of my life, yet here i am posting on the forums.

Does anyone else find that even though they dont play this game, there still here on a regular basis posting and what not?

Why does this game have such a strange magnetic pull?!?!?

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Not played the game for years....I was a troll, then a troll slayer now I'm mod... LOMCN = life.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Not played the game for years....I was a troll, then a troll slayer now I'm mod... LOMCN = life.

Do you miss Mir though ? I mean even though my life has got 100x better since i stopped playing this game, i still find myself missing it and even wishing i was still playing. Its all very weird!

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Do you miss Mir though ? I mean even though my life has got 100x better since i stopped playing this game, i still find myself missing it and even wishing i was still playing. Its all very weird!

No, I've never been a gamer, only played Mir because I was jealous of my brother.... I just love the community here, gives me many lols.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I'm in the same boat, but once every blue moon I'll join a server, then realise it was a mistake.

Mir's always had an addiction, I think it's just the PvP aspect in-game. As for forums I just love the community, and how most of them are so easy to troll.

It's almost like a social site really, except for the oldschool Mir players. Ironic thing being it's not social at all, nor is facebook. Being secluded in a room sitting at a computer... sounds sad if you think about it, yet we're all doing it.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
same sam like i said the only reason i come on here is to troll luke must get so annoyed :D i will try a server every now and then but the last few months have been like gandi's flip flops

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
haven't played mir in about 4 years.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
same sam like i said the only reason i come on here is to troll luke must get so annoyed :D i will try a server every now and then but the last few months have been like gandi's flip flops

Theres 2 types of troll....

The Clever Troll
The Stupid Troll

Which are you????

"Ip Dip Doo....."

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I sometimes liquify printed out threads from LOMCN and inject it into my veins.

Reactions: Tai

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
For many years when i actually played Mir, i couldnt understand why people would visit a site that they didnt actually play the game on offer.

Now i've not played mir since April, but lately i find myself coming onto lomcn alot more often, especially during my lunch breaks and stuff, and for the life of me i dont know why, i mean i dont have any interest in the game that robbed me of pretty much 11 years of my life, yet here i am posting on the forums.

Does anyone else find that even though they dont play this game, there still here on a regular basis posting and what not?

Why does this game have such a strange magnetic pull?!?!?

Ah its same here mate, i always play for a few years and eventually get bored due to all the sh*t about making mir community go wrong.
This usually makes me end up leaving and playing something else for 3months to 1year. I get bored of that game and end up coming back here.
I dont know why either but i think it may be because i spent so much of my life/ childhood playing mir3, especially with my nan and since she passed away it just brings back many memories of me and her when we played together ;)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Ah its same here mate, i always play for a few years and eventually get bored due to all the sh*t about making mir community go wrong.
This usually makes me end up leaving and playing something else for 3months to 1year. I get bored of that game and end up coming back here.
I dont know why either but i think it may be because i spent so much of my life/ childhood playing mir3, especially with my nan and since she passed away it just brings back many memories of me and her when we played together ;)

Your nan played mir3? That **** cray.

But seriously, how did she get into it? Out of curiosity

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
i just visit now n again and check out "New Posts" but it seems to be same old stuff people trying to bring a euro mir copy out and then people bringing there 10th server out ect lol

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
I'm about to quit cus all these private servers are shag. I like how people are working on the files but all these servers are run into the ground after the first month. So i guess this is farewell to Mir 2 until someone recreates it in C++ or something...