help

Apollo

anyone know how to fix flashing npc's?? please...i tht it was just the fact that server needed a reboot but i have done this and still have flashing npc's:confused:

and does anyone have the pet npc file for ei please as mine doesnt have 2 and 3 hour pets on! just 1 hr pets and random???

im looking for the file with the option 1,2,3 hr and random on it!

if anyone can help me with either one of these problems then plz add my msn addy and pm me

[email protected]

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
you need a fixed npc.wix file to fix the flashing npc's its the same when you have flashing mobs, you have corrupt wix file

Upvote 0

Zeph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 29, 2003
I foundwhen I had flashing npcs it was caused by a npc/merchant script error. If you have made any additions or alterations to npcs or merchants prior to the flashing problem i would disable them first by putting ; at start of line in merchants.txt or npc.txt

You can eliminate it it but it takes time. Open your merchant.txt file and put a ;(semi colon) at the begining of half of your npcs and see if flashing stops. If so you know the problem is in that half of your merchants if not comment out the other half and see if it stops. You will then have to uncomment npcs/merchants and restart your server every time to see which npc(s)/merchant(s) are causing the problem. I commented out merchants by function to fix by commenting out all the pot sellers then all the jewelers etc

hope this helps

Upvote 0