Status
Not open for further replies.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I like to imagine Tai imitated the anime girls moves in his sig right before banning him.

(Kori promise not to use it for his **** bank)

I make absolutely no such promises.

Has anyone seen Zedina, havn't seen him comment in a while :'(

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Well this was a great read.

Jamie/Shane/Kori is Marble really re-releasing without Charms ? Or yo'll just trolling.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
If there is people wanting a mir 2 server than it would not be hard to re host it. However not sure Jamie or me would really want to do both servers. Zircon is our priority and will be for the foreseeable future.

If I get 100 likes we will re do it haha.

LightAngels

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Can't someone just go ahead and remake Mir 2 USA lowkey? Like i've been waiting so long for something of the level of that. Please, I'll love you forever xox..

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I think you and Jamie should remove charms and slowly start working / making some changes with anything you felt you didn't like from V1 and really just polish them up perfectly untill Zircon start to decline then release it ? Legit would be a shame to see them files never re-hosted or reworked on, they were so good if you put aside all the shite that happened ingame and the charms being bit op.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Legit would be a shame to see them files never re-hosted or reworked on, they were so good if you put aside all the shite that happened ingame and the charms being bit op.

Actually I should be grateful if Jamie never decides to try hard again and continue his life in his retirement home called Zircon.

He'll only get pressured at some point and mentally lose his marbles, either by others or by himself because he feels he needs to make updates, not just content wise but core mechanics that usually makes things worse (if there are bad mechanics in the game your playerbase will let you know btw!). I'll only find glaring faults, my main ones being he'll make an area that makes other areas obsolete to hunt in (drop wise), no proper effort with making set items or items for that matter (there will simply be good items and bad items). I would like him to expand on his lvl 4 skills also, by adding unique features/upgrades to those skills instead of simple increasing stats.

After a bit of thinking I feel Marble was carried too much by super smooth gameplay, clean interfaces, lvled monsters (god like feature though!) and all features like mail done right etc but for me it's missing quite a lot of love and indentity in hunting areas, items and skills. Simply too much effort being placed into the fox boss and balancing assassins, just remove them from ur game it's obv too big a hurdle for you! I'll never forgive him for wasting my time in fox area either, an area I loved (great ai/monster mechanics) but ultimately I was wasting my time massively as I should of stayed in past bichon like a zombie for best xp and drops.

Reactions: zedina

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
If there is people wanting a mir 2 server than it would not be hard to re host it. However not sure Jamie or me would really want to do both servers. Zircon is our priority and will be for the foreseeable future.

If I get 100 likes we will re do it haha.

What shane means to say is, Jamie is busy atm in Japan for a while and if he could find someone who, say, I don't know, has played Mir2 servers for years and is already trustworthy and can renew Marble to its proper glory then if we get 100 likes, I'll do it.

P.S Guy above me although on a complete tangent, has some valid points. The server did lack a lot in aspects, there were basically no quests, no story line, no thought out process behind where the server wanted to go. It was a great first server, I'm happy that we can expand on it and if people desire that, then we'll think about it...

SoonTM

:carrot:

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Don't think it should be given out unless its to a really good coder who really has a passion them files will pull so much ££ on a revamp and reopen, don't want to just pass that on to somebody who's only going to do it for that reason.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Marble had its time , anyone wanting a fresh release of it is just wearing rose tinted glasses , Fair enough use the files again but to re release the same server your basically IceMan

Give the files to someone let them create something completely new

Reactions: zedina

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
I am willing to get back on my previous server and work on it as long as i find another one to work with
i can't really judge my server as i havent played it but it had a good potential with some new features
such as items leveling ( seen on edenselite server ).

new monsters and caves that will be ingame once people reach cap level which is around 50 or so ( havent decide ).
ive got some free time these days just after i move in to my new flat and settle down.

if anyone wants me to re-open devolution mir just like this post
if not then its all good its just a matter of opinions.

/Moha

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Oof, using a 3year old profile pic, that's a low blow. I've eaten far many more icecreams in that time, I mean Jamie literally funds my diabetes. :drunk:

Shame you had to take it to the personal level, i'd post your mugshot in retort but I wouldn't want to scar people for life, and I'm above and beyond that. Looks like I'll be taking this win!

type 2 right? :P

---------- Post Merged at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:29 AM ----------

Kori, I know that feeling from Blue to Purple.. to this :'( How I have fallen.

#WheresMyVIPGone

still think golden oldy should be the best one, veteran? like we've all retired -.-

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Just call me Ray, Ray Bans.

A mere shell of your former self. I remember the good ol days, when the name Ray Bans meant something. I mean just look at your profile picture from 10years ago

False+it+wasnt+odin+who+promised+to+get+rid+of+_672fe6954e55fc8796f980be52174743.jpg

compared to todays.

a301ec2c5a5a868da039bdb04cae0de8--thor-cosplay-a-hero.jpg

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
KC you're retarded, i'd put money down if Marble was put up right now without charms and back to the original exp / drop rates from opening, every other Mir2 server dies within 1 week of opening. What else is there to offer? C# files which just crash 24/7 if you don't have a **** hot coder.. Eden / Nova / Chrons are the 3 biggest server right now (Ain't counting arcadia untill stalls are out)

Not really rocket Science is it nothing is out there to compete with it. Don't give me that " re-release" bullshit, the servers that do best are Euro based server, Mir is nostalgia people like the old content.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Are people seriously asking if Mir 2 is dead?

It's been dead for a decade.

400 people ****ing a corpse dressed in different clothes over and over again doesn't bring anyone back to life.

Deal with it.

Jokes on you, we've changed the dress a little. Good as brand spanking new!

Status
Not open for further replies.