LOMCN Subscription Ideas...

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
i dont see why your bringing this down 2 milo, if cheats were readily available, it would ruin mir as he so clearly pointed out, trying to justify that he wont let cheats be released is a crime, is just plain idiotcy on your part hate.

And there we have it, i thought you were smarter than that, but the truth is your not more than a stupid LOMCNer who thinks with their arse.

You want more reasons why? just ask.

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
Everyone changes when they become a mod pixie, you (or i) are no different.

And as i said above....

Love said:
Ok im going to stop replying to you now as your turning this into a flame thread tbh

My reasons for posting what i have about mir are my personal feelings to the way private mir (and LOMCN) have been heading in the past few years, in all seriousness it has nothing to do with Milo (he knows what i really feel about him) so lets just leave it at that.

And dont start thinking you know everything about me pixie, you have missed half of LOMCN's history but thats neither here nor there.

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
The fact that im now a mod, doesnt make me think of mir any differently, if i was a regular member, i would have still taken the same approach to the situation.

As for not being here, ive ghosted this forum since 2003.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
How about we get some files and only release to subscribers? :P

/Miles

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
Miles said:
How about we get some files and only release to subscribers? :P

/Miles

That would bring me back to the whole thing about having a "sharing community" tbh.

:P

:doggy!:

Beachy

LOMCN Founder
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
United Kingdom
Nope that wont work but we are asking people for ideas here the 3 ideas ive listed i thinks good along with the server busy message taken away for subscribers...But i wanted to offer more features..

Benny

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2004
Ilse of Wight
Yes, start with taking away the "Server is busy" for subscribers.

You could also put in larger upload space and say larger Avatars and signatures etc,
Also I would subscribe if I could get hold of some decent maps that are only available to subscribers, also what about a custom Skin feature because there are so many people moaning about skins and stuff.

I like the idea about a subscriber server file release for subscribers only.
I'm sure Milo could sort something out to stop un-subscribers from using the files. (such as a special .DLL that is required to use the files that you can only get in the subscribers forum.)

I'm not too sure what else to put but I myself would like a decent community again, I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting bored of countless noobs asking for help when they can fix the problem themselves by using the Search feature.

but if there were some major cheats let out on here that basicly destoryed mir 1.4 servers (because of lack of cheating prevention) then all server owners would be forced to move to 1.9 with the gate thingy that blocks cheats and it would move our mir server development along faster.

What is that about? That is a selfish view. I myself prefer the 1.9 servers, but there are various different people that prefer the 1.4 servers. If you released cheats to stop 1.4 server from being playable then the 1.4 server players will develop cheats to make life **** for the 1.9 servers.

Oh and back to the subject at hand. I think the subscriber section is an exelent idea. I would pay anything up to £35 to be a part of it, if there were fully translated files that you had to be a subscriber to get.

I don't care what people say about the free release community but where has that community got us now? We fight amongst ourselves when we should be working together to get any problem sorted out, if there was some kind of incentive to get people to bring out better releases and such where they aren't going to get flamed because some noob can't get the program or files to work.

/Ben

wtf-this-time

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2005
Me_F0h_Teh_Win said:
a 1 off payment sounds more suitable than a monthly fee imo

Beachy is out to make money on this one ;)

Say this forum has 400 active members, i'd say about 5% would pay, thats 20 people, if he charges £5 thats only £100 short term.. is it worth it?

Kane

Beachy

LOMCN Founder
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
United Kingdom
wtf-this-time said:
Beachy is out to make money on this one ;)

Say this forum has 400 active members, i'd say about 5% would pay, thats 20 people, if he charges £5 thats only £100 short term.. is it worth it?

Kane

noone is gaining benifit of the subscription fee apart from the subscribers as all the money we would get would go strait to DF for hosting so he can offer more to the hosting and you get the benifits of what ever else we can come up with. But your all missing the point of this thread completly ALL i want is some ideas for what we can give for subscribing nothing else...

Benny/Kane STFU and argue through pm next time, idiots.

Smila

left...
Golden Oldie
Dec 5, 2004
Dataforce said:
Hmm, possibly the ability to bypass the "Server is too busy" screen like admins can? (It shouldn't be too hard to hack in)
i like that idea and the one about ther personal forums nice how much would u be chanrgeing (cba to read all posts tbh) and sould make it just one life time payment :D

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
i think its all a great idea, yet what about the people who cant afford to pay?

im sure theres a few people out the who are very good at mir, and making things for mir etc but cant afford to pay for this subscription to be apart of the bigger picture of lomcn.

oh and no one knows the price of it yet, it does state in the first post that you should not ask how much it will cost.

each member who payed could have their own little upload space, which they have their own bandwidth limit, so if they release anythin they can actualy upload it without buggin people to host it for them.

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
Love said:
Theres more than just us 2 in that group hug kane.

:doggy!:

I was there too!

Hmm, I can't see me paying considering I only use GoT, but yeah, if you actually play Mir... Why not? If you make it affordable then you'll get more subscribers.... duh!

:dj:

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
i wont pay... because no matter how much.. you charge.. people could get there own hosting.. else where. for cheaper/more features....

never mind tho maybe it a good idea? gotta think about dat really.. :S web hosting is so cheap nowadays.. why not jsut offer web hosting.. n affilate another website??? kinda thing?