LOMCN VIP's

smoochy boys on tour

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
I should be allowed in the VIP area.

After all, I have a Very Important Penis!!

I believe anyone on this forum who can complete a sentence in English should be given VIP status!

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
whats the point in being a VIP? i dont care if im not regarded as a pixelated VIP at least i can string a sentence together in english

andym

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Mar 6, 2005
here
so your saying that just because your grammer is better than some peoples that makes you better? i think not

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Adam and MrRob, I think ONE of the ideas behind it is; it gives you a place to talk to other members of the community who are also able to speak comprehensible English, without your conversation being interrupted by the lesser ignorant 'hardcore' GoT'ers. Yes its somewhat elitist, but solves a valid a problem encountered by all members who wish to be taken seriously when they post.

/Leo

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
Sorry for going a bit OT on this, but Ripman says in post #31 that he isnt that important to become a vip, then in post #33 1 and a half hours later, that he should be vip cause he is important..... hmmm

its a good idea behind it, if it works, but it will be hard to get it off the ground....

andym

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Mar 6, 2005
here
Toxick said:
Sorry for going a bit OT on this, but Ripman says in post #31 that he isnt that important to become a vip, then in post #33 1 and a half hours later, that he should be vip cause he is important..... hmmm

its a good idea behind it, if it works, but it will be hard to get it off the ground....

lol *reads posts 31 + 33* :atpc: owned

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
Everyone should be given vip access and if they start to be annoying take it away from them.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
so what happens to people who do not attract recognition for their conversation? the statistic of 95% of the community have poor grammer is banded about however if you cared to explore that, youd see that a vastly higher percentage speak in a proper prose and can hold and take part in interesting conversations. I wonder how many smod and admins get this 'VIP' status?

i just see it as another egotistical cry for status

Last edited:

AngelOfDeath

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
In Hell
its just another way that the "elite" can put down the rest of the community......because someone doesnt post alot or doesnt help in the way they think we should that mean we cant contribute to the server scene?..... guess so cause we wont have access to their "mature" discussions..........

i have a better idea.....why not just make the whole of lomcn an exclusive forum and get rid of us that you dont want here...(which seems atm like 95% of us) but i forget that if you do that you all wont have anyone to show off your purple, red or yellow glows to..........

Last edited:

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Thanks MrRob and AoD, its nice to be given the alternative view. I personally don't believe there are many members that can hold up a decent conversation, and those that can are often interupted by those that have no interest in the thread whatsoever, but post for other 'image' reasons. The VIP area is for those that don't do that, and don't wish to be interupted by that... as well as serving as an area for prereleases etc.

No LOMCN mods and Admins will get VIP status, however they will be able to both see and contribute to the forum. Afterall, the very fact that they are a mod here means they already have the attributes we're looking for, and contribute to the forum.

As for another way the elite puts down the rest of the community, I'm interested in this a lot. How many other ways do they have? Far as I tell, those that have any brains about them, stay completely away from the rest of the community unless they decide to help out or release something.

I don't think many, if any at all of the candiates were submitted on the basis of their postcount AoD, but on their contribution towards this community. All it would take is for you to be noticed by someone from the moderation/administration teams, and for them to submit you. Although I understand where your coming from when you say remove all the undesireables... this would be a tiresome task that would be mostly impossible. Were not trying to completely segregate users with this VIP section - or rid other users of privilages, only provide an area which is 'safe' to post in, where members can prerelease things for feedback quicker, a testing ground for new releases and a forum full of users that respect one another.

/Leo

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
I think your missing the whole concept of the VIP area. It is there to help development of new stuff where the people who actually know what they are doing can work together and get new things ready faster.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
leo i understand the part of ' for people who can hold a decent conversation and dont wish to be interrupted' but how can anybody decide that about a person? i personally dont like being interrupted so does tht mean im a VIP? i very much doubt it

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
If that were the case there would be no reason to tell the rest of the members about it, but the fact of the matter is it's there to be shoved in their faces. To put the rest of the members down.

You would like all the members to sit there and kiss your ass to try and get into this 'status' which is claimed to be important by those who are not; otherwise you wouldn't post about it. Whether the admin team hold the brain capacity to realise that neglect is a form of harassment, I'm not sure. But you're showing your back to the rest of the forum to have your little conversation area, which I doubt will ever pick up.

To those who are in the VIP area, don't beam over it; it's just there so they don't have to show any commitment to you by giving you a position of moderation.

It's about time the leaders of this forum faced up to the fact that not everyone can be an angel, and the type of forum you've made attracts the kind of people you don't like, neglecting them that won't fix things.

As previously stated by me, the really important members don't stick around here for
'Normal' conversation... no matter how much you try and condition the forum to make it sane, it never will be. They ignore spam/abuse in their threads... because they rise above that. But these are very important people.

Run away from your fears, doesn't trouble us. Just makes us believe we've got one over you, thanks.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
MrRob said:
leo i understand the part of ' for people who can hold a decent conversation and dont wish to be interrupted' but how can anybody decide that about a person? i personally dont like being interrupted so does tht mean im a VIP? i very much doubt it
Its easy to decide whether a person is able to hold up a conversation purely on the quality of their posts. Naturally this isn't the only attribute were looking for, but a contribution too. I think your getting mixed up between the area we aim to provide, and the quality of canditate were seeking.

Basically all a user need do to be a VIP, is contribute to the community, have not posted anything that makes them look like a spamming idiot or other undesireable, and be recognised by a staff member.

/Leo

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
o well 2/3 i spose. but gl finding these elite people, because even some of the greats from this forum do not conform, they might release stuff but inturn can speak and act like complete muppets.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
I appreciate your comments Sawell, however let me offer some rebuttal;
Sawell said:
If that were the case there would be no reason to tell the rest of the members about it, but the fact of the matter is it's there to be shoved in their faces. To put the rest of the members down.
I'm not entirely sure what the reasoning behind the announcement is, better ask beachy ;). However your opinion on putting members down is purely that, an opinion. It is NOT our aim to put members down in any shape or form.
Sawell said:
You would like all the members to sit there and kiss your ass to try and get into this 'status' which is claimed to be important by those who are not; otherwise you wouldn't post about it. Whether the admin team hold the brain capacity to realise that neglect is a form of harassment, I'm not sure. But you're showing your back to the rest of the forum to have your little conversation area, which I doubt will ever pick up.
Were not showing our backs whatsoever. Would it not be worse to pick a larger moderation team to filter every useless non-contributing post? Some users would never be able to post anywhere at all if that were the case. You are right when you say it may never pick up, and thats a very real possibility, however at least its there if there is a wish to use it. How are we neglecting the forum is everyone has the oppertunity to contribute and therefore become a VIP? If anything its an incentive to help, a reward for doing something good. Are you implying thats its wrong to reward users for good work?
Sawell said:
To those who are in the VIP area, don't beam over it; it's just there so they don't have to show any commitment to you by giving you a position of moderation.
More opinion without factual evidence. Its true we've offered positions of moderation to contributors in the past, and this is obviously not a sustainable reward. However, we do actively seek ways to reward users. All our teams do at the moment is manage users, we rarely recognise achivements... is it not time we should?
Sawell said:
It's about time the leaders of this forum faced up to the fact that not everyone can be an angel, and the type of forum you've made attracts the kind of people you don't like, neglecting them that won't fix things.
We already know this, but we don't see a reason why those that can be angels should be consistantly penalised by those than can't.
Sawell said:
As previously stated by me, the really important members don't stick around here for 'Normal' conversation... no matter how much you try and condition the forum to make it sane, it never will be. They ignore spam/abuse in their threads... because they rise above that. But these are very important people.
Again, I don't see why anyone need rise above anything, its still there and it still interupts the threads flow. Just because one user is able to 'rise above' it doesn't mean other posters will be able to. (Server advertisments threads are a brilliant example of this).
Sawell said:
Run away from your fears, doesn't trouble us. Just makes us believe we've got one over you, thanks.
Whose 'we'? Is that some sort of anti-establishment comment that was the main 'in thing' before spam and gfx'er groups? We have not run away from anything, melee trying to enhance the quality of service the forum offers, aswell as offering incentives for furthur MIR development.

Although a lot of your comments are fair Sawell, I find that it contains subtle hints of unfounded opinion worded as fact with a distinct tint of antiestablishment comments. Please understand that our aim is to improve the forum, not to purely solve a problem and isolate users. Whats wrong with providing a form of recognition for the people that deserve it, they get nothing else. All walks of life offer rewards for good things, yet we've never had a recognised reward system. If anything, this should be looked on as an incentive to help out a little, and a way forward for the LOMCN teams. Most of our time is spent punishing users who have broke rules, we don't have anything to the contary. Personally I think its about time the teams did.

/Leo

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
LeoCrasher said:
I appreciate your comments Sawell, however let me offer some rebuttal;

I'm not entirely sure what the reasoning behind the announcement is, better ask beachy ;). However your opinion on putting members down is purely that, an opinion. It is NOT our aim to put members down in any shape or form.

Were not showing our backs whatsoever. Would it not be worse to pick a larger moderation team to filter every useless non-contributing post? Some users would never be able to post anywhere at all if that were the case. You are right when you say it may never pick up, and thats a very real possibility, however at least its there if there is a wish to use it. How are we neglecting the forum is everyone has the oppertunity to contribute and therefore become a VIP? If anything its an incentive to help, a reward for doing something good. Are you implying thats its wrong to reward users for good work?

More opinion without factual evidence. Its true we've offered positions of moderation to contributors in the past, and this is obviously not a sustainable reward. However, we do actively seek ways to reward users. All our teams do at the moment is manage users, we rarely recognise achivements... is it not time we should?

We already know this, but we don't see a reason why those that can be angels should be consistantly penalised by those than can't.

Again, I don't see why anyone need rise above anything, its still there and it still interupts the threads flow. Just because one user is able to 'rise above' it doesn't mean other posters will be able to. (Server advertisments threads are a brilliant example of this).

Whose 'we'? Is that some sort of anti-establishment comment that was the main 'in thing' before spam and gfx'er groups? We have not run away from anything, melee trying to enhance the quality of service the forum offers, aswell as offering incentives for furthur MIR development.

Although a lot of your comments are fair Sawell, I find that it contains subtle hints of unfounded opinion worded as fact with a distinct tint of antiestablishment comments. Please understand that our aim is to improve the forum, not to purely solve a problem and isolate users. Whats wrong with providing a form of recognition for the people that deserve it, they get nothing else. All walks of life offer rewards for good things, yet we've never had a recognised reward system. If anything, this should be looked on as an incentive to help out a little, and a way forward for the LOMCN teams. Most of our time is spent punishing users who have broke rules, we don't have anything to the contary. Personally I think its about time the teams did.

/Leo

I'll stick with my 'very unimportant people' in GoT.

Most of that post is situated around the fact that what I’ve said is an opinion, administration's idea of a very important person on this forum is also an opinion, and thus I think I’m within my boundaries to make assumptions myself.

The reason I say we, is as you are forming ‘group’ based against the actions of the GoTers, it’s time we stuck together to form our own VUP section. If it’s right to reward those who you think are important, then it is right for me to reward those who you regard as unimportant but I regard as important with my admiration, so as to keep spirits high through a period of neglect by the leaders of LOMCN.