Banner Advertising Space

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Edit: Banners are back

In order to attempt to cover some of the costs for lomcn, i have decided to place some banner ads around the forum.

There are 3 sections:
  1. The Home page
  2. The Forum View (Thread Listing)
  3. The Thread Header (Above the first post)

More sections may be added in the future.

----

The banners are all "weighted" this means some banenrs will appear more often than others.
The system works as follows:

Suppose i have 2 banners, Banner1 and Banner2 with the following weights:

• Banner1 weight: 10
  • Banner2 weight: 2

The banner display system sees this as:

• Banner1
  • Banner1
  • Banner1
  • Banner1
  • Banner1
  • Banner1
  • Banner1
  • Banner1
  • Banner1
  • Banner1
  • Banner2
  • Banner2

It then chooses a random banner from the list. As you can see, Banner1 has a much higher chance of being picked, than Banner2

----

Banner space is sold in weights.

£1 will buy 20 weights. You can spread your weights over the 3 sections however you desire. (eg £4, 20 weights in forum view, 20 in thread header and 40 on the home page)

You must buy in blocks of 20 (£1)

There is no limit to the amount of views/clicks you pay per month.
----

Payment is made via paypal, and thus 10% is added to all payments to cover the paypal costs.

----

If you wish to buy advertising space, just contact me via PM, giving me a banner no bigger than 450 x 95, and telling me how much weights you want, and how you want them spread out. (If you dont specify how you want them spread out, i will choose myself)

I will then give you a paypal "subscription" link that will subtract the cost from your paypal account automatically each month untill you choose to stop it.

Please note, this post may be updated at any time. Banners may be removed without warning and with no refund if servers are found to be breaking any of the lomcn rules.

----

FAQ:

Q) can i change the banner as and when i feel like it?
A) Once you have paid for the weights, you may change the banner however often you wish. You need to let me know tho, beacuse the banners are stored on the lomcn server

Q) Can i have more than 1 banner?
A) If you have bought 100 weights, you can have up to 100 banners. If you want more than one banner, you have to choose how the weights are spread. Eg you might want an 80/20 spread on 2 banners on the front page and nothing on the other 2 sections.

Q) Can you tell me who many views/clicks my banner(s) get?
A) Yes.

----

I have final say over everything related to the advertising.

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
unless splashplastic has changed so that i can actually take the money off it, then no. last time i used splash i found out the money was utterly useless once it went onto the account.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
dude remove it, it makes it look a mess

add 1 google - adsense.. it will cover cost etc..

n splash plastic. cor... lol

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
The banners are placed in nice unobtrusive places, and they dont look a mess

adsense wont let us, i tried, the forum isn't open to everyone, they aint interested, hense my plan B.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
i got otther forums, warez etc.. they allowed it... heck they even msg me the other day to make sure my ads are viewable.. i was just testing out a new skin at the time.. lol

not in the way? right at the top, in the middle.. lol?

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
where it will be seen, and clicked on :P

And google wont allow the ads here, beacuse teh forumrequires registration to view, and their rules prohibit that, trust me, i tried a few weeks ago

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
i will be get be geting soon as we get a good banner made

good work lomcn

lif

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
make more payment options, nochex. is usfull. maybe set something up via the forum also??...

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Data i dont get it lol but i have £10 to send you to host my banner i wont it on mose Mir2 forums like RZ & on the main page is this ok? wear do i send the monwy?

/HS

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
~HeavenSent~ said:
Data i dont get it lol but i have £10 to send you to host my banner i wont it on mose Mir2 forums like RZ & on the main page is this ok? wear do i send the monwy?

/HS

• You have to pay that much each month, so your going to pay £10 a month?
  • Get in contact with Data if so, he will send you a link for the subscription to come out every month.
  • Read the above two as i cant remmeber a third and in english i learnt that people remmeber things in groups of three's.... lol
/Tofas

HealingOne

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 19, 2005
Tofas said:
  • You have to pay that much each month, so your going to pay £10 a month?
  • Get in contact with Data if so, he will send you a link for the subscription to come out every month.
  • Read the above two as i cant remmeber a third and in english i learnt that people remmeber things in groups of three's.... lol
/Tofas

Well i like the way RZ is spread out how much would you say he spends each month?

/HS

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
HealingOne said:
Well i like the way RZ is spread out how much would you say he spends each month?

/HS

Well i believe Blam pays £3 a month and i see his banner a decent amount of time,

But remmeber, if you payed £5 then their weights woundnt be shown as much as how its set up. You have to remmeber that the thing randomly picks one out and you dont get a certain amount of times shown in a day by how much you pay... You could pay £1 a month and you could get a decent amount of times shown.

Just depends what % of chance you want your banner to be shown.

Ask Data how much RZ/Blam actualy spend a month and you'd probebly be best paying same as its a decent amount of times and itll show up quite a large amount of times.

/Tofas