New Server

smoochy boys on tour

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
LOMCN Has been moved from the old server to my personal server in florida, which is a better machine (2.4ghz celeron 1gb ram, compared to a 1ghz duron 512mb ram).

The "Server is busy" message should appear alot less often now, and it should be overall faster than before.

Please let me know if it improves, if this isn't much better after easter i should have a better server to try again with.

This was the reason LOMCN was unavailible for the past few hours, I managed to royally **** up the DNS

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
Dataforce said:
LOMCN Has been moved from the old server to my personal server in florida, which is a better machine (2.4ghz celeron 1gb ram, compared to a 1ghz duron 512mb ram).

The "Server is busy" message should appear alot less often now, and it should be overall faster than before.

Please let me know if it improves, if this isn't much better after easter i should have a better server to try again with.

This was the reason LOMCN was unavailible for the past few hours, I managed to royally **** up the DNS

n1 :) erm thats 5 points :P

LegendsReturn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2006
Wow hehe i can notice the speed now... Thought my ip was banned yesterday lol

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
Cheers Dataforce, running a hell of alot faster now. Also glad to hear "The Server is Too Busy" message will be reduced.

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Urban: Aye, the first one was in texas, a shared box - but it was a 1ghz duron with 512mb ram, it was dying under the load :P I'm hoping to replace it soon

----

LordLucas: I dont live in florida :) I live in the UK, but i have servers in florida and texas (USA is much cheaper than UK for bandwidth). After easter i'll have a UK server

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
You dont get the same bandwith:£ ratio tho, in america i have 1250gb bandwidth on this server, for ~£35 - beat that in the UK, anywhere.

kazzy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2005
Me living in New York, now here was fast that before a little :P Thanks Dataforce your new server of LOMCN :P