Requiring Server Reviewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Hello,

We (the LOMCN admin team) have decided to ask for applications for a new Server Reviewer.

What we are looking for is someone who we think is trustworthy, knowledgeable, unbiased, has spare time to play mir servers, can write using good English and preferably someone with previous experience (both moderating, and mir).

We are asking for applications, but if we fail to find someone who fits the above criteria then the post will not be made.

The server reviewers job will be to review servers (gasp,shock horror), and we would like to see a new review every 1-2 weeks.

Hopefully this will help people to find good servers to play, and a mark will be given at the end of each review. The review should include all of the necessary information (patches, exp etc), and the server reviewers personal opinion on the server.

If we do find someone to be our server reviewer then they will become the moderator of the Server Review forum that we will create, and have full moderator privileges.

We hope the the server owners will co-operate with our reviewer, and if they are going to review your server they may contact you via LOMCN to arrange something (if the owners wish for the player to give an accurate view of the whole of the server then they may wish to show the reviewer around, and perhaps show them some higher level things).

Parts of the review may be done without the server owner knowing so as to get an accurate representation of the server.

If you wish to apply please send me a PM answering the following questions.

1) How long have you played mir (both private and official)?

2) What type of server do you prefer (for example high or low stat/exp)?

3) Why should we trust you?

4) Previous experience (Mir and Moderator)

5) How much time could you spend doing the reviews every day?

6) How long would it take you for each review (for example a week or a month)?

7) Do you currently own/GM a server?

8) Any references you can get from people we trust (these will be checked if we decide to hire you - This is optional but may help)

9) Any additional comments as to why we should pick you.

Finally anyone who is currently a staff member of LOMCN may apply and will still keep their powers in the other forums if selected.

Good luck to everyone who sends me an application.

/Miles
/LOMCN Admin Team

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
**UPDATE**: Anyone who wishes to apply please pm me your application by 9pm today - after that i'll announce our choice.

/Miles
/LOMCN Admin Team

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Thank you to everyone who applied for the Server Reviewer post and i'm happy to announce that Shard has been appointed to the position. Don't hesitate to pm him with any questions or queries about what he does, and please read his "Welcome" thread (http://lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39370).

As you've probably noticed by now a new forum has been created. Only Shard can post threads, and posts need to be moderated before you can reply.

Thank You
/Miles
/LOMCN Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.