NPC goods prob

gandy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
Hello, after messing around for many hours i cannot figure this out (knowing me it will be simple :S )

I wanted to remove some of the higher level weapons and armours from my shops NPCs, so i went to the relevent script and deleted the item from [goods] list. However when i logged in they are still there. i searched all my folders for files containing the names of the items i wanted removing and the only files that came up were drop files. So how can the items still be in the shop if they are not in the NPC script?

Also, when i log on i get ApplyEventOption = True

If this means theres an event on the server how do i turn it off? i tried looking in !setup.txt but couldnt see an option for it.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Items in Shop
The server saves all Items in Shop to \Mud3\Market\market_saved.
You need to delete all the files stored in there. The purpose of this is even after a server re-set, anyting sold to a shop will still be there.

What the Shops Sell
\Mud3\Envir\Market_Def contains all the NPC Data and inside we have:

What the Shop Sells:
Code:
[Goods]

BrokenSoul 50 1
BronzeAxe 50 1
LongBlade 50 1
SteelSword 50 1
HookedBlade 50 1
PowerAxe 50 1
GhostKingAxe 50 1
PurifierSword 50 1
PickAxe 50 1
PickAxe(Ventus) 50 1

What items the shop will buy from you:
Code:
%100
+5
+6
+43
(this is by Stdmode from your Database).

Events and messages
Only GM's see the startup messages and also events are running all the time such as Numa Taking Mudwall and many other things - personally I would not worry about this.

Upvote 0

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
shut down the server then delete all content from the folder Demonic posted (\Mud3\Market\market_saved)
when u put up server next time only items set in \Mud3\Envir\Market_Def npc merchants will be for sale

remember any item a player sells to shop will be stored in market_saved afterwards (if u do not want this make sure u delete the folder with ervery server reboot hehe)

Upvote 0