Mir 3 - LS3G Chinese

smoochy boys on tour

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
I've just recently started back here at LOMCN after a long break and have forgotten a lot of the 'basics'. I am trying to set up my server and on LS (Denomics site) it states that you edit the !setup.txt with an editor. The one provided doesn't work... I've replaced the Envir with Demonic's so its understandable.

Also I have named all of the databases in SQL in LOWERCASE so account looks like 'account' and 'conlog' 'manage' etc. Does this matter? (When setting up i've done this everywhere).

When starting the curledragonmir3g.exe

I get;

ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
loading string resource...
String resource loaded.
13:24:44:Read Emergency Map : [0] 458,398
13:24:44:starttimer exception...

Last edited:

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
All is working now until I get to the 'You are being connected to the server. Please wait a second' and it freezes and doesn't progress anymore.

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
Sorry... webhost currently blocking the whole 86.x.x.x IPs because they are troublemakers. what can I do haha

you should use a proxy for my sites.

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
DayWalker™ said:
I believe this is an IP problem check your SQL tables or Login gate / DB server ip's..

/Stan
I've checked them. They seem to be fine...

I've not needed to change anything at this point from the default of 127.0.0.1 because I only want me to connect. I am using the LATEST Mir 3 Euro client. Does this matter?

If so, could you point me in the direction of a client that will work for this? :).

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
The latest 3G Client is called V2005 - this is Known NOT to work as it stick on the "Loading......" Screen. This means the server and client are talking different Packets. Now it would be easier if you thought about this to look at an advert for a 3G server, grab there client and your in business.

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
I've been playing RNDPro with the same client (and thats 3G)... Possible for you to point out a client that WILL work for me? Please.

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
If it Worked for RNDPRO then we can assume you have the right set of files needed to connect - in this instance your just gonna have to re-check every single setting, you must have missed an IP/Server name somewhere for sure..

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
I've checked ALL server names. I didn't need to change any IP as i've left it as the default of 127.0.0.1 . Someone did my !Setup.txt so I don't know if it's correct as I didn't do it myself. In addition to this - I cannot access Kaori's site due to the mentioned above...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
now i have checked both and i have look iv an ip wasnt correct for example that somewhere is a "," and not a "." between the ip parts
but that isnt from my side ur !setup.txt and ur Mir3.Cin is correct. there isnt the error

same with the ServerName its everywhere like u have written me inside MSN also id and pw is correct. So it wasnt from my side
u are sure u have changed account pubips serverinfo and selectgateip´s also hero3g rareitemsdata the server name??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
Amenovis said:
now i have checked both and i have look iv an ip wasnt correct for example that somewhere is a "," and not a "." between the ip parts
but that isnt from my side ur !setup.txt and ur Mir3.Cin is correct. there isnt the error

same with the ServerName its everywhere like u have written me inside MSN also id and pw is correct. So it wasnt from my side
u are sure u have changed account pubips serverinfo and selectgateip´s also hero3g rareitemsdata the server name??
I've checked them. They're left at the default as them SEEM right.

Upvote 0

zenitani

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 8, 2004
Earth
Sorry Guys ..... i dint know what i have done .. but this error comes out any idea plz ?

ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
6:20:53 PM:Read Emergency Map : [0] 458,398
6:20:54 PM:Not match, number of string resource
What is String resource by the way ?

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
zenitani said:
Sorry Guys ..... i dint know what i have done .. but this error comes out any idea plz ?

ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
6:20:53 PM:Read Emergency Map : [0] 458,398
6:20:54 PM:Not match, number of string resource
What is String resource by the way ?
You need to enter the Database information into the !Setup.txt and CruelDragon3G.ini

In addition to this, you should make your own thread mate.

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
I can now get ingame. However, I cannot use any GM commands (Accept shout '@!' when BOTH characters I've made are on the AdminList.txt).

Upvote 0

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Search for it, I think it's been mentioned before. There is a setting in the ini file. Also server must be in test mode not free mode.

Upvote 0

Judges

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2004
shorty606 said:
Search for it, I think it's been mentioned before. There is a setting in the ini file. Also server must be in test mode not free mode.
Sorted already but thanks anyways dude.

Upvote 0