Weight training and exercise FAQ.

smoochy boys on tour

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Fills ya muscle's with water right? My mate used to use it, then realised it's not actualy building your body. You can't build ya body with creatine, once you stop using creatine you will be waste.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Once you go off creatine you will DEFLATE !!! Trust me it happened to me ! I was pissed ! haha

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
creatine = waterweight ........

anyways im pushing 72.5kg atm aiming for 100 by the end of the year.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
tbf thts gd i fink...
im only doin 26kg on each arm :( but im skinny n i dnt take no protein shakes or nowt

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Prai won't have any, remember he can only just get his head onto a plane.

---------------------------------

On topic.

There is a lot of useless crap on here about what to eat and what not to.

A lot of it is not down to how much you eat, in order to expand the mass. But its what you eat and in what context and with what.
You also have to keep up the training on a regular basis, other wise you lose the definition in the muscle and it looks a mess.

I would give a prime example of this, but unfortunatly I'd rather wait untill my body is back to how it was. So no piccys from me yet.

Now the crap with steriods, if you really want to use that crap and call yourself a body builder or weight lifter. Then you are in the wrong sport, it disgusts me that people think that they can cheat there way to the perfect body. Yes it works in the short term, but in the long term you will suffer. As steriods build up on water and fat and if you stop taking them, then you spend the rest of your life draining the puss and crap out of your body. All because you wanted a quick fix to the perfect body, I see a lot of lads in the gym that take steriods and it makes me feel proud that my own apperance is that of self work and not of some drug.

Keep off the steriods and traing properly.

Your muscles can't lose definition... The muscle is bigger or it's not. Definition is a look, based on the size of the muscle, body fat, water, etc. For example more water weight = less definition, but still same old muscle under there.

I am not going to comment on whether one should or should not take steroids (other than that is something only vary serious and seasoned lifters should even consider), but what I quoted in blue is a bunch of bull****...

squat is a compound movement.. that why, besides I would work quads before I would do squats ;).

Why would you fatigue your quads before a compound movement????

why u guys so bothered about leg presses, we all know any type of free weight squats are the best leg builders xD

True that.

Fills ya muscle's with water right? My mate used to use it, then realised it's not actualy building your body. You can't build ya body with creatine, once you stop using creatine you will be waste.

Creatine is one of the few supplements that is ridiculous cheap and works. Let me rephrase that, creatine monohydrate*. Creatine helps with increased strength in the lower 3-8 rep range.

Once you go off creatine you will DEFLATE !!! Trust me it happened to me ! I was pissed ! haha

Creatine helps with strength; it is not meant to make you aesthetically big initofitself. Once you are off, your water weight retention decreases.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I fatigue my quads to force them to work, similar in manner to starting with flys before you bench.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
I fatigue my quads to force them to work, similar in manner to starting with flys before you bench.

You're doing something that is counter-productive. Fatiguing your quads prior to doing squats is not forcing them to work harder. They are a major muscle and not starting with a compound movement is hindering your size and strength development. This is not opinion, this is proven fact. Look it up.

Second, starting with flys before benching also does not make your pectoral muscles work harder.

Reference this study to see my above points.

See: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18076251

"Our findings suggest that performing pre-exhaustion exercise is no more effective in increasing the activation of the prefatigued muscles during the multi-joint exercise."

Last edited:

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
**** this is a old thread, yeah creatine does help with lowers reps as it helps to store more energy forgot what type. Normally you would work them with a compound move followed by isolation, but different people have different methods so each to his own.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
**** this is a old thread, yeah creatine does help with lowers reps as it helps to store more energy forgot what type. Normally you would work them with a compound move followed by isolation, but different people have different methods so each to his own.

Increases ATP.

Unless you (not you, in general) have been training for years, have a solid amount of muscle, and have very finite and specific goals, everyone can pretty much do 90% of the same basics.

OldDirty

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 16, 2007
im back on my strict diet with 300grams of protein a day.

300grams of protein, a day!? your body can only consume 28grams every 2 hours - You must be shitting rainbows mate, thats a huge consumption.

Im guessing you dont drink protein shakes with that consumption and its only solid food that give you that amount?

My diet consits of 70% protein, 25% carbs and 5% fat - And i always keep my calaorie intake below 2,000 a day. I dont use protein shakes neither, only tuna or beef jerky strips right after the gym. my carbs come from rye bread and brown rice only. My diet has gone down the pan since i broke my caollar bone because I obv cant lift any weight. When I get home i'll upload the progress i made in 3month of the gym with the diet above.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

before the diet i eat like pasta, loads of meat and crap that people say is good for you which isnt. I googled brain food and high protein diet - went fromt here and seen massive results within weeks.

rye bread is the way forward. try it.

Do not eat white bread neither, as this ****s up your progress and is bad for your overall health. also same applies with pasta, most pasta from supermarkets isnt even real pasta its just salt and additives that are bad for you.

jamessss

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 18, 2004
25.jpg 35.jpg

One at 86kg, one at 95kg. Aiming for the big ton, currently hitting 98 sooo very close :eek:

Muay Thai for the win :D