Weight training and exercise FAQ.

smoochy boys on tour

Kazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2006
And a word of warning for those doing body building - take calcium suplments. If you don't have enough, your muscle tissue will extract it from your bone marrow when contracting and you'll end up snapping like a twig in extreme cases.

I have seen that happen at the gym some guy was curling a plate on each side and is forarm snapped in two, but he was on steriods, it made me sick. But i always thought that taking anabolic steriods would also weaken your bones, it might give you the looks butit wont give you the strength unless you've been training for over 5 years.
I do take my vitamin tablets hun so dont worry :) might need to buy some calcium tablets lol

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Incline flys are different they work on the upper part of your body i.e. chest shoulders, noramal flys i.e works on your lats (sides of your body with give you your "v-shape")

I've never heard of incline flys, seems that be more of a shoulder press.

Fly's primary muscle is the chest, not the lats. As far as I'm aware there is no pressing exercise that works the lats directly.

So why is the title Weight Training and exercise FAQ?
and for the record, my current job is as research scientist looking into muscle housekeeping cells, focusing on dietary and other environmental factors relating to maintanence with particular regards to muscular dystrophy. So i think I know a little something about muscle tissue and how best to cultivate it both in and ex vitro.

I forgot there was a post on exercise, you got me there.

That's a disease...

Umm... obviously not if you are disregarding the most basic weight lifting principles that are the building blocks of any correct routine...

Then I wouldn't see why you would argue with what I said. But please, tell me where I am wrong, I would love to hear it....

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=500065&postcount=22

E
I hope you advise people on this post to take calcium supplments too whilst weight training...the reason why should be obvious to a person so well informed as you.

Calcium supplements... unless someone has a serious deficiency... then no, it wouldn't be a top tier supplement....

The only supplement I advise people to take NO MATTER WHAT is whey protein.

Last edited:

Kazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2006

I've never heard of incline flys, seems that be more of a shoulder press.

Fly's primary muscle is the chest, not the lats. As far as I'm aware there is no pressing exercise that works the lats directly.

Never heard of incline flys? im sorry but what the hell do you do? incline flys is when your on a bench inclined on a 30 degree angle. As for normal flys i intended to say lat pull down, but there are sevral different exercises to work your lats.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Never heard of incline flys? im sorry but what the hell do you do? incline flys is when your on a bench inclined on a 30 degree angle. As for normal flys i intended to say lat pull down, but there are sevral different exercises to work your lats.

Do incline flys work your lats? =/ Doesn't seem logical how they do, not to me anyway :(

As for lats, I work my lats by doing Lat Pulldowns and pull ups =/

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary

No, that's called incline bench, you probably just called it by the wrong name, fly's. Fly's CANNOT be done with a barbell.

Ok, no harm no foul.

I'm aware of that, I'm just saying any type of fly work or pressing at all doesn't directly work them.

Kazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2006
No, that's called incline bench, you probably just called it by the wrong name, fly's. Fly's CANNOT be done with a barbell.

No its called inclined flys using dumbells, i did not say flys are done using a barbell and incline bench press is inclined on a 45 degree angle i.e. works the upper part of your chest as well as your shoulders and triceps.

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
No its called inclined flys using dumbells, i did not say flys are done using a barbell and incline bench is inclined on a 45 degree angle i.e. works the upper part of your chest as well as your shoulders and triceps.

Incline fly's would NOT directly work the clavicular (upper portion) part of the chest. It would focus on the sternal aspect.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
google isnt a source, you moron.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Cool, you can copy and paste. Why not post the source site? www.google.com

Was this aimed at me? Considering im the author of the original post (this account was banned at the time) and that is entirely my own work. Find it posted somewhere else, even close to the way ive written mine, and ill be pretty damn suprised.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
wtf its low weights high reps for toning
high weights high reps for big gains (5 x 12-15reps super set with 5x 12-15 another excercise)
high weights 3 x 12 reps for standard gym **** and maintenance

ps urbanfox is probably the beastiest person on this forum, so i wud take his advice neday (but i look better than him : - P)

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
wtf its low weights high reps for toning
high weights high reps for big gains (5 x 12-15reps super set with 5x 12-15 another excercise)
high weights 3 x 12 reps for standard gym **** and maintenance

ps urbanfox is probably the beastiest person on this forum, so i wud take his advice neday (but i look better than him : - P)

Low weight for the purpose of this thread is a relative statement. ie, to a beginner low weight might be 2/3kg. For someone else it might me 14kg.

6-8 reps is generally the best for maximum gain. But "low" weights with many reps gives you the definition, sometimes refered to as cutting, as it defines your muscles.

Ive got big undefined muscles, which are basically like slabs of meat. Your avatar shows your defined look, which is like a specific cut of meat designed to look good.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
man whatever, every1s got their own strength and needs so do what u feel is best for urself. and u can do incline flys urbanfox, using barbells. just lat excercises but on an incline, its harder... ive lost faith now : - )

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
man whatever, every1s got their own strength and needs so do what u feel is best for urself. and u can do incline flys urbanfox, using barbells. just lat excercises but on an incline, its harder... ive lost faith now : - )

You CANNOt do incline flys with a barbell.

You cannot do any sort of "fly" movement with a barbell. It's impossible...