Recent Changes

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Hello,

Some of the more observant among you may have noticed that there have been some relatively minor changes to the board, and some LOMCN Policy Shifts, during the last day or so.

Firstly I would like to make it clear that LOMCN now allows people to post their Legend of Mir 2.3 servers without having to release the Source code for any Binaries that they release.

This has also led to us allowing threads and posts containing information relating to non Diamond Mir 2.3 files (such as TheDeath's files).

Simply put this means that LOMCN Staff will no longer infract users for providing code taken from the DM2 files. We believe that the MIR population is too small to break off in such a fashion, and hence it is not in the interests of anyone if we stop people from posting such material freely.

Due to this policy shift I have re-arranged certain parts of the board (under the expert guidance of LeoCrasher).

- "MiR 1.9 Releases" has been renamed to "MiR Releases" and has been moved to the front page of the forums under the "MiR Development Section".

The Server Advertisement forums have also been changed :-

- A new "Archive Section" has been created where both the 1.9 Archive and the 1.4 Archive have been moved to.

- A new forum has been created in the Server advertisement section - "Server Reviews". I will discuss exactly what the plan will be with this forum with the rest of the Staff, and once we have created a set of rules / guidelines we will inform you of them.

Although we now allow people to post Mir 2.3 servers without releasing their binary sources, this does not mean that the rule which prohibits the advertisement of "other game or MIR forums without express permission from staff" has been removed - Please make sure that it is followed.

If you have any further queries as to what is now allowed to be posted then by all means post here, or contact me or one of the other staff and hopefully it will be sorted.

Regards
/Miles - LOMCN Administrator