Spawn Editor - Any Use

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Got started on a Spawn Editor (in VB6)

See screeny below.

It loads up the MapInfo.txt file, where you can select which map you want. it then fetches the dimensions from the .map and loads the .gen file you chose. You can then choose a spawn (from the list on the right) and it will show you that spawn, you can scroll through all of them to show you an overview of the entire map (as shown).

The Mob List on the Left (will be loaded from SQL) can be added to the Map (not implemented as yet) and dropped onto the map (setting Spawn Centre - X/Y), a second click will set the Spawn area and open up a box for you to enter Qty and Timer.

2 Questions,

Would it be useful? (i.e. is it worth finishing).
What else would be would you add to make it more useful?

/Mick

SpawnEditor.JPG

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Update

Mir3 MultiTool.JPG

Done So Far

Data :

All Tags for Maps (i.e. HORSE, DAY Etc)
Map Name
Map Size
NPC List for that Map
Spawn for that Map

Drawn on Map :

Barriers for Entire Map - to Plan out Spawns, NPC Placement, Doors ETC.
All Spawns for Selected Map (If Any). - In Red
All NPC's for Selected Map (If Any). - In Purple
All Doors for Selected Map (If Any - Reports if No doors on a that Map). - In Green
Click on Door shown on Map and it will tell you where it goes.
Click on NPC and it will load that NPC's script up for editing.
Zoom, 0.5*, 1*, 2*, 4*, 8*
Select Any Spawn in Spawn List and will highlight on Map - In Blue

Other :

Fixes All files required for use with this program; This removes all duplicate spaces, and all tabs (replaces with Single Space). This is done so far on the following files.
MapInfo.txt
Merchant.txt

Creates a SINGLE [GEN] File called All.gen. You can still seperate each Map within this file with comments ETC i.e.

;Bichon
0 250 250 Bull 250 300 10
;PhantomForest
1 250 250 Bull 250 300 10
;IllusionWoods
D001 250 250 Bull 250 300 10

You get the picture....

To Do List

Access Mobs from SQL
AutoGenerate Spawn List
Edit Spawn List and Save Back
Save Back MapInfo Edits
Adding NPC's using Tool
And.. other stuff I can't remember :P

Comments plz

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Anyone have any snippets of code to read the HL_Monster data from the SQL? Will save me searching and learning how to do it lol.

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
i havent sorry iam not as well in php or mysql lol i still have probs to make a own db entry like change sabuk town owner or change horse in db or self add famepoints(integral)for something to someplayer. i know it have something to do with formatstring tbl_xyz and inc is the command lol but i havent understood the logic behind :(

but its unimportend it have nothing to do with ur proggy so sorry but i cant help u as much as i would :(

greetz

ameno

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Thanks Andy, Coly has sent me some info on talking to SQL (Thanks Coly), but ready made stuff is easier :)

I want to try and get the !Setup.txt file and the CruelDragon3G.ini in there as well. The CD.ini is easy enough, its just a matter of reading and editing (With Tool Tips to tell you what each one does), the only problem with that is that it changes quite a few times with new releases of server files. The !Setup.txt is another matter and I would need to find out how it is encrypted (or whatever you call it), any help on that would be appreciated.

What I am trying to achieve is a single application that will help you set a server up from scratch, in 1 go, basically, load it up, click a few buttons, edit a few options (without having to search everywhere), enter your IP Address and press Go.. all done. Along with that it will have all of the above functionality.

I want to be able to use this one application to adjust everything you ever touch in Mir3, no more Notepad..

Upvote 0

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
if i were you i would stick to the initial project outline and dont add things as they come to mind on the way...projects worked this way r mostly doomed as they may grow to big and complex for the initial teams if u know what i mean...add things later after u have a full working base and publish additional stuff as updates/addons or revisions later

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Having tested it so far all I can say is it's the MUST HAVE program for mir3 dev!!

*makes note to teach self VB :eek:)

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
if i were you i would stick to the initial project outline and dont add things as they come to mind on the way...projects worked this way r mostly doomed as they may grow to big and complex for the initial teams if u know what i mean...add things later after u have a full working base and publish additional stuff as updates/addons or revisions later

You have a point.. I will finish off what it does so far. As I do it though, I keep thinking of new stuff, I can't help it.. overactive mind :)

Having tested it so far all I can say is it's the MUST HAVE program for mir3 dev!!

*makes note to teach self VB :eek:)

Ty :)

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh have i overviewed the post with a link ?? or has chimera try it as betatest?? if its to have and finish plsssssssss give me a link :)

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
There is no link so far, but I know Chimera so he agreed to give it a test for me (Good job he did, fixed some errors and gave a few suggestions :) lol).

I only work on this Monday>Thursday as I don't have VB at home. I will update on Monday, hopefully with a version for people to test.

Upvote 0

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Good luck with the development, if you need any more info, just pm me i will answer what i can.

see you next month ;)

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Thanks Andy..

And now.......................................................

OK, its ready for testing...

ENSURE YOU READ ALL OF THE .DOC FILE ENCLOSED!!!!!!!! I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS ALL YOUR STUFF UP!!! :) :)

Download here >>

www.sting3g.com/StingPatches/Mir3MultiTool.rar

This is far from finished, but please have a test and see what you think. Please post on here with your findings so I can fix anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0