Spawn Editor - Any Use

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Got started on a Spawn Editor (in VB6)

See screeny below.

It loads up the MapInfo.txt file, where you can select which map you want. it then fetches the dimensions from the .map and loads the .gen file you chose. You can then choose a spawn (from the list on the right) and it will show you that spawn, you can scroll through all of them to show you an overview of the entire map (as shown).

The Mob List on the Left (will be loaded from SQL) can be added to the Map (not implemented as yet) and dropped onto the map (setting Spawn Centre - X/Y), a second click will set the Spawn area and open up a box for you to enter Qty and Timer.

2 Questions,

Would it be useful? (i.e. is it worth finishing).
What else would be would you add to make it more useful?

/Mick

SpawnEditor.JPG

Cricket1650

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2008
gives me error merchant.txt missing but its there and everything.. dunno whats wrong

i did the fix all thing too

Last edited:
Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I have just uploaded a new File that contains a bit more specific info for me to find out what the problem was.

http://www.sting3g.com/StingPatches/Mir3MultiTool.rar

There should be a message box pop up, can you tell me the exact contents of that box.. I am trying to get the Error Messages more useful, but to do that I need to make them more useful to me First then I can make them user friendly after :)

Mapa, its not so much the Chinese Text, it can handle that, its the "[" that it can't handle... if any of your Files have a line removed that has been commented out (i.e. with ; at the beginning of it) it will fail. (i.e. ;;; [ Old Bichon NPC's ] ;;;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2008
Its an awsome program, I've got my creation time down by about 40%. Which gives me more time on creating other things.

yeh it does, i only just got (prc) on my pc last night so spent last night sorting the server to make it work and ive had a play with the tool this morning and make it much much easier

with the create npc thing do i have to make the script file or will it make it for me, after i
pick the npc image it ask me for the scriptname to create?

idabiga is this going to have something to add mobs with maybe load the monster from sql so you can add them to the .gen files and make a spawn for them also is there going to be a button that can remove all the spawns of the map(if possible) (I know it aint finished yet, just asking about this cause wasent sure)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mapadale

yeh it does, i only just got (prc) on my pc last night so spent last night sorting the server to make it work and ive had a play with the tool this morning and make it much much easier

with the create npc thing do i have to make the script file or will it make it for me, after i
pick the npc image it ask me for the scriptname to create?

idabiga is this going to have something to add mobs with maybe load the monster from sql so you can add them to the .gen files and make a spawn for them also is there going to be a button that can remove all the spawns of the map(if possible) (I know it aint finished yet, just asking about this cause wasent sure)
You have to create the scripts yourself.

The mobs, you can add into the map area - If you look on the tool it has that option there and you can select the area/times/spawn of the mob - it then adds it to the .gen

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I will add SQL Reading the Mobs now..

When you Create an NPC, it asks you all the relevent info to make the script.. it then adds the NPC to the Merchant.txt and creates an NPC file with the following inside it.. then opens it for editing..

Code:
;;;;; Created By Mir3 MultiTool ;;;;;
[@Main]
#IF
#SAY
#ACT
;;;;; Designed by idaBigA ;;;;;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Just 1 Note Here... Creating All.gen will append your current All.gen file with information from all of your other Gen files.. including All.gen if you have already done it once...

So don't do it if its already created! Also, if you do create it, it will not have any of the changes you have previous made as the changes are made to All.gen.

I am changing the way it works at the moment.. It will now create inside All.gen sections so that items can be easily found and changed.. and finally, the option to extract map.gen files if you want to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008
need a lil help with this , i changed the .ini file to were my map's and envir is
1. start the program ( i get "D:\mud3\Envir\MapInfo.txt , Form_Load , code 0" duno if these means its ok but anyways ) after i press OK ,
2. file/fix all files to use mir3 tool (waiting couple of sec's and i get ALL fixed) click ok
3. i do the file/create all.gen (waiting and get the all.gen created from 139 files with 3450 spawn lines ) OK
4. exit the program
5. now after i start it again i get the "D:\mud3\Envir\MapInfo.txt , Form_Load , code 0" , i click OK and after i see only the window with the map selecting for spawn ... i chouse a map and after i get "CmbMap_Click , Code 3" i click ok and after the spawn list is loaded but i can see the map ,
wot should i do to make the map image load up so i can see were i add the mobs

Attachments

• caca.JPG
    caca.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 262
Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Sorry, I missed this post completely..

"D:\mud3\Envir\MapInfo.txt , Form_Load , code 0"

That means you have an error in your MapInfo.txt, the code that gets the info from the MapInfo.txt file has to have it in a certain order.

I cannot tell without seeing your MapInfo.txt, can you send it to me via PM?

Thanks

Mick

P.S. I am going to be making this program a little better and adding it into that new one I am making.

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
The problem is these lines..

; [ʧÀÖÔ°±±²¿´ÔÁÖ] => ±±·½Ñ©Ô*
; [±ÈÆæ³Ç] => ¶´Ñ¨
;[»áÔ±Á·¼¶µØͼ][»áÔ±×°±¸µØͼ]=>[±ÈÆæ³ÇÃÅ¿Ú]
;[»áÔ±Á·¼¶µØͼ]
;[»áÔ±×°±¸µØͼ]
;[×ÛºÏÓÎÏ·]

There are a few of them dotted around..

Delete them and it should work fine.

The program won't let you have a "[" after a ";" if it isn't a commented out map line..

i.e.

OK to use..
;[0 BichonProvince 0] HORSE

Fails..
;[×ÛºÏÓÎÏ·]

Upvote 0

tkila

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2011
A question can anyone reupload the guide?i mean the mir 3 multi tool txt dnt reading,it's defect

Upvote 0

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
m8 yes used the spawn editor on Kings 0238, and yur IP changer it helped alot.. also I seen a a allin1 gen like yur in Mon_def too. I just used the Gen not all files.. with yur sting3g files every tool works but in other mud3s drop list dont.. But there is alot of VB and activeX too, and not easy to understand.. left you a message on forum m8.

Upvote 0