Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
RE: Harry Potter (Book) Spoilers

Just a simple warning

Anyone found to be trying to spoil the new Harry Potter book will be infracted

Spoiler tags are to be used in all cases related to the main story and to any deaths etc etc etc

This is the offical warning

BH

flamer91

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
enfield
Re: Harry Potter (Book) Spoilers

i am glad someone made this thread tbh i absolutly LOVE harry potter... lol (sad imo) but i hate it when someone tells you the end of the books

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales

pretty simple not to read a topic labeled harry potter tho why shpuld people go out of their way to hide the plots etc.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003

pretty simple not to read a topic labeled harry potter tho why shpuld people go out of their way to hide the plots etc.

1. A lot of people on the site just are not that smart, someone like Mythonline who can barely read English might not understand.

2. There will more than likely be one arsehole who posts a random spoiler in a thread, or makes a thread named "LOL look at this" and post a hadnful of spoilers in it. The rules won't really help here anyway.

3. People may want to discuss the book, but not see spoilers.

May I suggest someone makes an official thread on it, and get people to post the chapter they are discussing at the top, and then place everything else in spoiler tags. The following is an example:

Chapter 7

Harry casts a spell that enables him to leave the book and sends 2fast2furious' car spinning off the road killing him instantly
THIS CONTAINS NO ACTUAL SPOILERS OR INFO ABOUT THE BOOK.

That way, people who have already completed the chapter can read and discuss, and people who haven't can avoid. ****ing problem solved, damn im awesome.

flamer91

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
enfield

m8 why should people go out of there way to spoil it for the others tbh...

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales

how hard is it not to read a thread about something youre looking forward to watching or reading urself? not very hard tbfh. aint as if its irl where ppl are around you talking out loud its a topic u just have to keep urself from reading it, self discipline like knowing not to **** ur panties? people arent going out of their way to spoil it for you but they have to go out of their way so u dnt read it .

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

lol look if no1 found out....the person that made the book sayd that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be the last lmao....then she announced that this isnt the last book and she will still be makin...guess you would know than the end of the last book

Also i dont 'love' harry potter like some ppl lol
But i liked all Harry Potter 1-4 im going to watch soon HarryPotter 5 (The Order Of The Pheonix) since i've got it on pc 2 days now :)

Last edited:

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.

The '8th' book will be a harry potter encyclopedia, so will contain no actual story.

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005

harry potter licks balls, LOTR for the win

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales

personally dont care wat the book says just like watching the films, i read enuff crap on forum not to have to go out n buy it then read lol.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.

personally dont care wat the book says just like watching the films, i read enuff crap on forum not to have to go out n buy it then read lol.

Sorry why are you still posting?

This thread is here to heed a warning.

Its not a discussion as to why people should be able to talk about the book, nor to give us your views on it.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales

surely i have the right to question why this warning is in place? thisll be my last post here if u wish.

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland

surely i have the right to question why this warning is in place? thisll be my last post here if u wish.

It a rule
Just like all the other forum rules
They are made so that everyone can enjoy LOMCN and its content

Spoiling a film/book is rude (we do have spoiler tags)

They reason the rule was made was because when the last HP book was released people (who are now banned) decided it would be fun to post spoilers (mainly the names of chars who died) in as many topics and posts as they could (without warning)

BH

Doddsy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 2, 2005
Hartlepool

Harry Potter shags professor mcgonagol, then has a 3some with hermoine and neville longbottom, thems the only good bits tbh

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

lol how much you all paid for the book? went to ASDA and paid 4.99 cheap as fk as i paid nearly 15pound for last 1

Doddsy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 2, 2005
Hartlepool

Dont the book costs vary? been like hard backs and soft backs or summing lol

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales

hard backs always more expensive but they usually have a price printed on the book on the back