Desperation at its height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
Erm, wouldn't the evidence you seek be in the form of his donations record (be it from PayPal, or another provider) and in your payment records?

But yes, as Ash mentioned, the sums of money involved are prohibitively small to warrant legal action, be it from one donor, or several.

One piece of evidence wouldnt be enough, when have you ever known a case been won using one piece of evidence.....they would need written statements, the victims standing up and testifying etc.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
One piece of evidence wouldnt be enough, when have you ever known a case been won using one piece of evidence.....they would need written statements, the victims standing up and testifying etc.

Obviously they'd need to go and stand up and give statements.

But you've been watching too much TV, and think that every case is as complicated as Murder Cases.

I don't actualy see where this is going.

/Ash

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform

Actually, I specified threee pieces of evidence in that single post.

Perhaps you should re-read the thread, incase there's more you missed.

--

Regardless, as I said, the legal option is cost prohibitive.

Those of you who have allegedly been affected, post your revenge in this thread and keep it at that.

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
Obviously they'd need to go and stand up and give statements.

But you've been watching too much TV, and think that every case is as complicated as Murder Cases.

I don't actualy see where this is going.

/Ash

Im not saying that at all i just doubt that it would hold up in court thats all.

senshi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 23, 2007
i'm sure the courts would be willing to drop a Benefit fraud case worth several thousand pounds worth of fraudulent money and take this one up for you all :).

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
This thread is awesome, its like a mirror into an alternate world where almost everyone is an idiot.

The thread was started to "flame lyncus" but 2 pages later people are turning on each other, despite the fact 99% are all arguing the same point. Just about every post ive read about legal action says "it wouldn't be worth it" yet people qoute them and reply "actually, it wouldn't be worth it"

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
people are just being stupid now, the point i was trying to make was that he commited a criminal offence against the law and this was just another reason not to let him back into the lomcn community any time in the future. although now reading thru all these stupid posts i have realised that the sums of money are not worth it and maybe server donations and advertisements on lomcn needs to be re-assessed and some strict rules put in place for egsample:

donating players and hosts must agree to an online contract so that the money received is going towards bills etc of internet connection electric or dedicated host. and in any situation where the server is to go offline donations to be refunded .

therefor binding the receiver into a contract and in a case such as lyncus's if the funds ain't refunded ( not saying this was the case ) there would be sufficient evidence to press charges or what not.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
An actual online contract between people from LOMCN just insn't possible. You can bet your ass a handful wont be 18+ meaning they cannot legally sign a contract of that type anyway.

Also, in all fairness a lot of people on this site are stupid, and it would take me less than an hour to write a "contract" which legally says I can do whatever the hell I want with the money, but most people will think it means only the server/hosting costs.

Then you have the people who will just outright ignore the words of the contract. The people who will donate without looking at the contract, Unfortunately it is almost impossible to completely remove the threat of scams like these especially when you work in such a grey area anyway.

Even with all the evidence in the world and an iron-clad contract signed with the blood of a god who oversaw the event and can testify in court, it really still wouldn't be worth the hassle and unrecoverable costs (like travel) to actually take someone to court for it and watch them receive a "telling off" and nothing more

People are making donations to the server, when you make a donation you are basically stating you are giving the money and want nothing in return for it. When you "donate" you are agreeing he can use the money for anything related to the server running as long as he can justify it. He could pay his brother the entire sum to get him a drink from the fridge so he can continue to work on the server, and as far as the law is concerned, thats above board.

Should you take command of your donation and direct it, your asking for something in return (control of your donation) and therefore your paying to play the server leaving the door open for possible prosecution.

Genin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 23, 2005
Personally I don't care who did what , Mir3 is crap anyway , but ... like ...
People are generally quick to judge someone based on the OPINION of someone else ...
But in this thread I have not seen a single person who is claiming to be a victim of any sort of defraudment themselves????
I believe what I see for myself , and if I listened to every tall tale I'd probably be taking daytrips to the woods every day looking for giant beanstalks or houses made of gingerbread ...

I have not seen anyone yet claim that Lyncus conned money out of them ...?

/Tumaruoso

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
Personally I don't care who did what , Mir3 is crap anyway , but ... like ...
People are generally quick to judge someone based on the OPINION of someone else ...
But in this thread I have not seen a single person who is claiming to be a victim of any sort of defraudment themselves????
I believe what I see for myself , and if I listened to every tall tale I'd probably be taking daytrips to the woods every day looking for giant beanstalks or houses made of gingerbread ...

I have not seen anyone yet claim that Lyncus conned money out of them ...?

/Tumaruoso

A Lyncus alt or Lyncus wannabe?

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
A Lyncus alt or Lyncus wannabe?

No otherwise he wouldn't have 21 posts, And he has got a point, nobody has said, yeh this dude never gave me my money back

/HeadHunter

Don't all start saying that you never had your money back, especially if you never donated . . . . . retards -.-

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
why would some one say that ? youre obviously the retard, and i dont suppose it would be very hard for lyncus to dig up an old friend to stick up on his behalf for him on this thread PLUS you still stick up for him although the guy has clearly done wrong.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Look he's been banned for various acts, there is no "oh im not sure whether he did it" or anything like that, he was banned by the admins and it is there choice and will remain there choice.

Lyncus was banned. It's fact. And it will stay that way as the admins have said..

Face the fact lol.
Anyway enjoy flaming Lyncus lol ^^

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
Lyncus is a tramp who needs to steal donation money LOL

Paine

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2004
England
what i fail to understand is how any of you can be silly enough to donate to any server. if u have money to blow then why not actually pay for mir or another mmo.

i havent played mir now for about 3months as every server i play is the same as the next with only names of kits and caves changed. there isnt a decent server with substence in it there all lvl lvl lvl with no quests or things to aim for
granted u may get more exp on a private server but theres a hell of alot less to do.

if you must donate then only donate to servers that have been up for over a year and that work properly. theres a reason these servers have been up as long as they have. the reason there are hardly any servers out atm is because people are wise to this fact.

use the brains u have guys im not even gonna acknowledge lyncus as he doesnt deserve any form of attention. just forget about the loser and brush him off as a bad dream.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
euro mir is the worst for updates and nothing to do tho, why play for euro when you can play for free a server thats alot better granted thers none out as of yet thats worth playing but there will be soon.

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
euro mir is the worst for updates and nothing to do tho, why play for euro when you can play for free a server thats alot better granted thers none out as of yet thats worth playing but there will be soon.

What paine is saying is if you donate to a private server you might as well p2p euro....i believe paying for euro is cheaper too....ok it maybe each month but its guaranteed....you donate for items etc...and server dies...your not guaranteed that item....and paine has a point....

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
alot of people dont like euro as its same old same old ok it has stability but if people dont want to play it i know i dont because you experience more on priv server because you get to see all the new releases.

id rather play p69 than euro because you can lvl and achive things plenty of stability regular updates always something new to do at every lvl always somewhere to hunt can have some caves to your self plenty of pking all the up points and more than euro.

euros highest lvl is 50 or so atm and its been up for 5-6 odd years

Status
Not open for further replies.