Release TD's server files in one

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh what is wrong here??

over 20 ppl read and not one anser self the two that postet that files doesnt react? i know to get help is in Lomcn hard but if i can help or have a idea i ever post and try it.

as i said im new with lom2 files so if i had done something wrong or something special than maybe can someone REACT? a small look there and there in that and that post it looks like u have that or that done or not done would be great but nothin is that really ur thinking of help? im getting more and more pissed off cause I TRY to help and got no repeat if i ask for help

and if a mod is in the meaning to send me again any infractions or warnings than u better delete my account on here before i got that points. Cause as i said before, i dont need to help others for points warnings infractions OR FOR NO REPEAT on my questions

ameno

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
if you have installed sql2000 and restored Idabigas DB into sql (DBcommander isnt used), and read the replies on the link to Idabigas post about things that needed updating to that database, then all files are set to work offline, the only thing you have to do is set the database name (the one you created in sql where you restored to) , the sql username and password that you created when installing SQL, this information is changed in DBSRV.ini in the dbserver folder, and in !setup.ini in the M2Server folder

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
lol ill think i have it now
i had 1.9 server running and could connect very nice funny gamefeeling very diffrent to LoM3

After that i was in full mood to try it again with TD files and all is running now :)
and i dunno wich error i had at first time

BUT NOW: *rofl i can not create a new account but not cause something dont work*lol i cant make one cause the buttons are not at the right place lol. i see the mask with id /pass/ ok /new/(passchange) but if i try to click on new nothin happend if i took my mouse now a lilbit under the pass-text-field and click a hidden new button apear and i come to the create new account mask. there i can put in all my personel staff like b-day-name-id-pw-question1-etc etc etc but there i didnt found the hidden place for press the hidden button*lol
it would be great if someone could give me the right interface (proguse1-3.wil/wix)

lol pls someone help me out i wanna test if as fast as possible lol it makes me rly ill that all runs now but cant go ingame for looking *roflmao&cryashell

thx in advance

ameno

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Thanks for these mate, I'm interested in looking at these again, been a while since I did anything server wise!

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
your welcome ,
Firstly might i suggest you read any text files included and also try looking at a setup guide for sql, also make sure you use the right (restorethis) DB as one i made with 2005 and one was made by IdabigA but i cant remember which one is which now.

one DB does need some more attention to the fields and tables that said jasper may have finished that off but not 100% certain.

Good luck and we hope you have many hours of fun playing with these files .

Thanks to TD for updating the files and allowing us to release his two Downloads as a one set download.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I get an error when restoring the db, something about only been able to resotre 64.

Read this thread and saw about a download? Well I searched google, and it told me to download SP4... downloaded, installed and still same error.

Tried deleting the db i created, and creating new.. still same.

Any ideas would be appriciated, will try again tomorrow

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
it comes cause the db was restored with sql 2005 and not with 2000 version. there is one db out from idabiga. i look if i found it than i edit that posting.

dont hit me but i dont find it (would be better if someone could link here in that posting to the other if someone find it)
if not write a pm to IdaBiga im sure the new db was from him

Last edited:

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
ohh btw skyline if u have it also that server is running but u cant create a chr cause the buttons are hidden and its not possible to click them pls post here maybe we both get a possibility to solve that prob or i have fixed it till u come to that place :)

lg

ameno

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
rofl a bit offtopic first of all its nice that u try to help another one posted that links two postings in front of u :)

also it would be great if u could answer my posting abot the hidden buttons (i believe the other one in last server prob topic have the same prob as me)

ameno

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Everything for me went fine, until i got to OK screen and it did not appear.

I shall read through here for an answer.

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
that was what i meaned m8 try to cklick a bit right under the pass text field if u come to the detail page for accountcreate and if u can click there on a button
if not than now 3 ppl have that prob :)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
No, everything is fine now!

i jsut forgot to run one of the .exe's, but using the server starter fixed it.

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
forget about it i got it sorted but its sad that a new member must told me what i did wrong and not one of the old :(
steven162 man i love u :)

greetz

ameno

Last edited:

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
forget about it i got it sorted but its sad that a new member must told me what i did wrong and not one of the old :(
steven162 man i love u :)

greetz

ameno
Glad you goit it all up and running :)

Now !
If you were post the solution im sure if anyone else comes across the same probem then they'd be able to try to resolve it a bit quicker with the help from this post and all posts on this thread.

Sorry for not replying to anyones problems but been a bit busy lately and i dont think my answers would have made a blind bit of difference as i have no ideas why people get black screen or are unable to make chars.

The only reason i can think of is the DBServer and ips and exes being wrong. :D
But saying that i instantly set these files up and then just stuck em in a compressed file immediately after testing i could make a char and go ingame, i used to have the same problem with older files but i searched for black screen or unable to make char and i got the solutions from other posts on this and MSRF forums Oh and RZ so you can see how long ago it was that i came across any problems with files :P 1.4 springs to mind.

Last edited:

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
that was my problem i didnt know that there is a basic euro 2.3 client i did only know about 1.4 and 1.9 and cause i thought 2.3 is a upgrade from 1.9 it had changed that way. maybe it would be nice if its possible to ge a link here where to get a 2.3 basic euro client

anyways i had stolen now a client from another server cause its for me unimportend as im normaly not in the mood to make them offizial priv server (to put them online) its only for me to look and work on it

after giova.... posting he had found a 2.3 client/Farphit give it him (i didnt know if its a new or old one if i geht the info thats the wrong one i will change that link to the better one (i know my english sux )
anyway here the link:
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=46459

Last edited: