Release TD's server files in one

smoochy boys on tour

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Lol i am new to sql give me a break lol! maybe things are not explained properly .....

Right i have downloaded these server files.. i have xtracted them i have added my map folder i have changed the setup.txt and dbserv.ini to my correct details... I have also restored the db in enterprise managment i checked the files that need updating and they are already done... i ran my files had no errors just the connected and disconnected problem?

Where are the new database`s in these files? and how do i install it?

Im sorry for my bad understanding of sql not everyone is gifted at birth :(

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Lol i am new to sql give me a break lol! maybe things are not explained properly .....

Right i have downloaded these server files.. i have xtracted them i have added my map folder i have changed the setup.txt and dbserv.ini to my correct details... I have also restored the db in enterprise managment i checked the files that need updating and they are already done... i ran my files had no errors just the connected and disconnected problem?

Where are the new database`s in these files? and how do i install it?

Im sorry for my bad understanding of sql not everyone is gifted at birth :(

Havent got these files but id guess the updated database would be in the dbserver folder.

Goto your SQL database right click Mir2 and choose to restore database as you did when you originally added your Mir2 database.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
mir2(restore this ) is this the db? as i have restored this correctly i think? so i shouldnt realy be having this problem? ill try and restore it again. Once i restore it do i need to update anything at all? :S

EDIT: Just restore it again opened the gates and still have the same problem?

Last edited:

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
did you restore it to a db called lom2? if not change the info in !setup and dbsrv.inis to point to the name of your db,

ie,, lom2 to mir2

and no,, its a completely updated db

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
I have all my inis and stuff setup correctly lol i even just tried deleting the whole mir2 db and remaking the folder and restoring it and im still having this same problem!! however im told i need some sort of patch for ms sql 2000 so it run properly on vista? anyone know anything about this and if so where do i get about doing this?

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
i struggled to get mssql working on vista,, had to go to mssql 2005,, dont know if anybody else had same problem

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
I got it working without any errors its just this problem i have now i duno if this is the cause however as i am a noob to sql i was advised not to go near 2005 untill i have experienced 2000 to learn the basic i did try and install a version or 05 but i couldt not work it out at all and there are no guides at all!!

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Another problem here =/.

When i come to load up M2Server, i get message saying Do you want to shut down the server or something, I clicked No, but nothing happend.

Not even sure if am opening the gates in the right order, This is what i was told the order was...

Dbserver
game
logdataserver
logingate
loginserver
selgate
m2 server

EDIT:
Sorry fixed the problem now. I took the MIR2.exe out =s

Last edited:

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Wasn't my idea lol, Elvin and Jasper.. all I did was update a few tables... well the important thing I did was post it on here... some people forget that bit sometimes..

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
Another problem here =/.

When i come to load up M2Server, i get message saying Do you want to shut down the server or something, I clicked No, but nothing happend.

Not even sure if am opening the gates in the right order, This is what i was told the order was...

Dbserver
game
logdataserver
logingate
loginserver
selgate
m2 server

EDIT:
Sorry fixed the problem now. I took the MIR2.exe out =s

No specific order i dont believe, and any way there should be a great little app called server starter that i included in the files .

@zen2 looks like your gonna have to install 2005 if its not possible for you to get ingame, as the files you downloaded from this thread are foolproof.:P

EDIT:- on a side note when i run the files i allways get dbserver connected disconnected for some reason aswell but it does connect straight after

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
Wasn't my idea lol, Elvin and Jasper.. all I did was update a few tables... well the important thing I did was post it on here... some people forget that bit sometimes..

we had updated db but it was fully itemed/mons/merchants etc etc.

And we just wanted to release a standard one so people could get started as the one we use is for a specific server and would be no good to anyone due to our wils not being standard to everyone elses euro files.

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
just make sure you run the selgate before the dbserver

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Just set it up but on the old set of files i imported the DB from a accecc file in c:/Mirserver/m2server/envir but there is no access db here how do i set the daterbace up? sorry its late in tired :punch:

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
Dont you need to impost the db from dvserver forlder?

Also I just set them up and worked 100% found no problems and was ingame within a few minutes.

Good work!

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
Nope that didnt make any difference bud :(

you dont quite seem to be getting this, YOU NEED TO HAVE THE RIGHT DATABASE FIELDS FIRST!

The reason why you need to run the selgate before the dbserver is because the dbserver is checking for and connecting to the selgate according to TD

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
Just set it up but on the old set of files i imported the DB from a accecc file in c:/Mirserver/m2server/envir but there is no access db here how do i set the daterbace up? sorry its late in tired :punch:

sorry mate the only DB included is for MSSQL and not access, and that DB is in the DBServer folder called mir2(restore this ).
We may have missed removing the data.mdb in the envir folder, sorry to say that hasnt had all the tables and fields updated by idaBiga only the sql DB has

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
you dont quite seem to be getting this, YOU NEED TO HAVE THE RIGHT DATABASE FIELDS FIRST!

The reason why you need to run the selgate before the dbserver is because the dbserver is checking for and connecting to the selgate according to TD

Lol how am i meant to get this when one person tells me one thing and another person tells me something else without mentioning how u do this / how u woud check i have used the latest files with al the feilds updated....so you dont seem to be getting this infact.

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
Elven and who ever made this, good release, aprichate it mate, at least ur sharing like some ppl ;) lol

What i was think, i release loads new stuff, and people may want to test it, on every server i have made, i have ALWAYS made:

Testarm1(M)
Testarm2(M)
Testarm3(M)

And same with items and monsters!
Create a Item DB (SQL) wit no items just them up2 image 70 or summat each (My releases have big images etc)..

This wud be very helpfull to people who want to mess about and mayb come up with brilliant server!

This would take 2 seconds to do but no1 has dun it yet and would save alot of time for laods of ppl!
i was gonner but ill let u take th glory as im to busy :)