**** [1.4] OldSkool Server [HIGH RATE] ****

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Slight poblem =/ i started download this morning and left it afk all day came back and says end of archive could not be avaible or sumit and another thing is i cant log in via FrOZeN files? very confusein ano lol

/Gim
if u have frozen files then download the exe for now, then re download the full client later

as sic said, the file was most likely still uploadin.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Is this a laggy server? If so i wont bother downloading the client >.<

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
can feel the difference in smoothness from this server and the FrOzEn server thats out atm

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
about the lag, im lagging a bit but maybe my bro's downloading havent checked. but it was running smoother on bens comp lol.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Yeap was 2x better on ben's pc.no question about that.It still isnt that bad but kinda sucks on high spawn caves such as lion caves where when u rt u just die 3mins l8r b4 u manage to move.

Conclusion.Ben's pc ftw ;p

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
runs fine for me hardly ne lag at all 0_o u sure ya internet isnt playin up a bit

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
heres the deal

Dedi host is in US.. i was worried about gettin it because of ping maybe bein too high, but when me and karl checked the ping it was between 30-80 which isnt bad.... but now its all setup and runnin im gettin a ping of 180, which explains the lag.

i agree there was less lag when it was hosted on my PC, even when i was playin on same PC + editin stuff lol.... the only problem is i cant rly play on my own cahracter or level... as if im in a mass fight i lag abit = server lags.

heres my options atm:

-w8in for karl to come onto msn, see if he can sort the lag problem with dedi host - if not im goin to get a refund and look for a new dedi host.... in the mean time i will rehost back on my own pc... also gonna reformat my spare PC, see how it runs on there.

so please keep an eye on this post or server forums.... if u get connection closed server has most probably moved host.

in all honesty tho, the lag isnt that bad.... i get a slight spike every 5-15mins.... its not like its unplayable. must be good for ppl that live in USA lol

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Server sounds interesting however, i havent played mir2 for years now (last time i played redmoon valley had just been added)

would my noobiness stop me from playing properly?

Auds

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 14, 2007
Server sounds interesting however, i havent played mir2 for years now (last time i played redmoon valley had just been added)

would my noobiness stop me from playing properly?

nah a new starter to mir i mean some1 who has never played mir before started other nite on this server, my gf gave him help for a few hours and he was away he's now lvling and gettin kit etc on his own =P, so just may take a day to get back into it allways people to help you just ask =)

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Its all down to each persons route to the server, unfortunately depending on some of the UK hosting routes its possible you may recieve mild latency. I have notified the hosts of these problems and have asked them if its possible to re-route the servers ip. As they host on their own network it means they are not dependent on providers to make routing changes so hopefully they will be able to help improve some peoples issues.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
nah a new starter to mir i mean some1 who has never played mir before started other nite on this server, my gf gave him help for a few hours and he was away he's now lvling and gettin kit etc on his own =P, so just may take a day to get back into it allways people to help you just ask =)

I have played mir3 alot, so its not like im getting back into the swing of mir altogether...just mir 2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.