**** [1.4] OldSkool Server [HIGH RATE] ****

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
OldSkool Server
Server Forums: http://forums.aoservers.net/

Server Info+ Thanks:

Well ive played mir for about 6years now as a player, so i decided to put my experience to good use and make a high rate server that resembles some of the great servers back in the day like weown/ Alphafrozen/ Insommnia.
Server is based on AlphaFrozen files (ty leo!) alot has been changed, and AF files more or less stop at lvl43.
Thx goes to Karl for helpin me sort a upload site and other help.

Server Stats:

EXP: around x25-x30 ... varies dependin on the level. lvl50 is possible in a day, then lvlin slows down.
Stats: High with instant pots, stats are very balanced for fightin aswell as fightin agianst mobs/boss's.
Host: Dedicated host

Items+ kits:
Kits are currently done up to level85, more will come when needed!
There are 2 types of kit, your basic kit that can be found in levelin caves if ur lucky or from boss mobs at a much better rate.
Then you have the "special kit" that is a lot rarer. It will have the stats of a high level kit, but at a lower level. eg. SpikeRing lvl55 has the stats of a lvl65 ring.
These special kits are only obtainable from the hardest boss's on server, and are rare, so its doubtfull ull see many ppl will full sets.
There are all Super items, that are extremely rare... hopefully only a few will drop.

HomeZone:

Well ive decided to go with the classic BichonWall, why? cause it fits with the OldSkool theme, and lets face it, every1 knows their way around it.

Boss's:

As a lover of boss's ive added as many possible, each with a unique ability (we all know there isnt a great deal of things u can do with boss's on 1.4) that will make each 1 of them a challenge to kill. There are around 6 boss's that will have to be group killed at low level, even at high level 2-3 will still need groups to kill. for example 1 boss para's you and hits very fast, near impossible 2 kill solo.

BossLand requires BossStone. Inside BossLand you can tele into LandOfLords which requires BossScrolls

Levelin:

Leveling is fairly easy to level50, probably possible in a day. Do not assume it is basic frozen files, as i said things have been changed.
Rare items mainly come from boss mobs, but there are a chance of them dropin in levelin caves for those that dont enjoy boss hunting.

Various Quest style npcs doted around the server, some are hidden secret NPCs that tele you to better levelin floors... some will tele you to LandOfLords cave if you have the correct items hes askin for.

Invasions:
BichonLord, MongchonLord, WoomyonLord, SerpentLord, will all invade their home town at random times, it could be once a day, it could be once a week, who knows.. be on ur toes :eek: They will be mission mobs tho, so if you do get owned, you wont drop.

Few Screenies:

Just EXE = http://www.aoservers.net/OldSkool/mir.zip
Full Client = http://www.aoservers.net/OldSkool/OldSkool.zip
Items Fix = http://www.aoservers.net/OldSkool/Patch.zip

Server Forums: http://forums.aoservers.net/
Server Name: OldSkool
Server IP: 66.186.35.210

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Dedi server has been paid, should be up online on dedi server within 24hrs.

looks good abart from mob armours , there lame as. lmao

they were the only mobs icould think of at the time, i will add more screenies now

Last edited:

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
looks good abart from mob armours , there lame as. lmao

Mythoss

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2004
Germany,Berlin
have warrs pets when they have pets to help them to lvl is this the best server dude please make that they have pets ok its me deadbringer

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
ben ill pop on u gay :P

any1 post a exe which will work , frozens dont haha

/shadowhawk

Last edited:

Burntsoul

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2006
I'll give it ago, what are the main features that will be lost from going back 2 1.4? ( I have never played 1.4 before :()

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
I'll give it ago, what are the main features that will be lost from going back 2 1.4? ( I have never played 1.4 before :()

no ff / bliz / ms

no tdb / chm /lr / entrap

no sticky feet bugs on 1.4 or bounce bk

no magic from mobs like foxs / em dont work

lmao just seen pureoldskool a gamemaster with cheats on , running fast as hell throught sz....

well dunno about others but i exited str8 off :)

Last edited:

Burntsoul

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2006
no ff / bliz / ms

Ah thats all good with me, the 2.3 skills, PA/slow are generally overpowered on priv servs anyway, this should help bring back a sence of balance.

Providing a lid can be kept on cheaters, a few decent GMs (or just ben being extremely active) should handle that though.

If all goes well I could see this server becoming pretty popular.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I log in select char, click past the notice and i get thrown off :S

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Ah thats all good with me, the 2.3 skills, PA/slow are generally overpowered on priv servs anyway, this should help bring back a sence of balance.

Providing a lid can be kept on cheaters, a few decent GMs (or just ben being extremely active) should handle that though.

If all goes well I could see this server becoming pretty popular.

Advantages of 1.4 are its smooth, and fightin is gr8.. which is wot server is mainly based around. did 2 days of testin and loads of ppl fightin... was gr8 fun and very balanced, no class is over powered, no stat/spell is overpowered.

im always active, and there is another GM whos been 1 of my closest friends for 6years. there wont be any more GMs as i dont want corruption.

ive not seen ne1 usin 1.4 cheats so far tho.

no ff / bliz / ms

lmao just seen pureoldskool a gamemaster with cheats on , running fast as hell throught sz....

well dunno about others but i exited str8 off :)
pureoldskool is me... why would i cheat on a GM?
im not usin cheats... so obviously u dont know wot cheats are.

if ur the type of person thats gonna be cryin cheat every few secs then its not a huge loss.

ive been observer since server went live, and i havnt seen ne1 usin cheats so far... so plz dont spam my thread with bs.

yes u dont get new spells, or mobs with specail magic... but ive made plenty of unique boss's that are just as hard. and the spells aint a big deal.

tats

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2007
g/l bon im sure u will put ur expert opinions into this :P

Omen_lom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
hehe. would be funny if he slipped up. would then realise how nasty constructive critasism can get ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.