NPC Script Release - [Checked 06/04/2010]

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Re: NPC Script Release

Got a question about the kill count script...

I've got it working to a degree (infact as a single quest, it does work) but I'm wanting to basically duplicate the quest (more or less) and use another mob/map/etc for a second quest...

The problem I have is that when accepting the second quest, it still counts the mobs I killed on the first quest... so what do I need to change to make it a seperate quest? Sorry that doesn't make much sense...

I tried changing 'KillQuest' to 'KillQuest2' in Qmanage etc for the second quest but that just stopped the whole thing working, even the first quest. I'm a complete novice to variables hence why I dunno what to change.

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008

Got a question about the kill count script...

I've got it working to a degree (infact as a single quest, it does work) but I'm wanting to basically duplicate the quest (more or less) and use another mob/map/etc for a second quest...

The problem I have is that when accepting the second quest, it still counts the mobs I killed on the first quest... so what do I need to change to make it a seperate quest? Sorry that doesn't make much sense...

I tried changing 'KillQuest' to 'KillQuest2' in Qmanage etc for the second quest but that just stopped the whole thing working, even the first quest. I'm a complete novice to variables hence why I dunno what to change.

You'll need to replace all instances of the "KillQuest" variable in the QManage, the MapQuest file and NPC script to "KillQuest2". As by the sounds of it the NPC (and most likly the MapQuest file) are still reading the "KillQuest" variable.

So basically just duplicate the whole quest, change every instace of "KillQuest" in every file used to your new variable name and set up the new MapQuest info in MapQuest.txt.

Hope that helps.

p

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham

ρяєα¢нєя;713560 said:
You'll need to replace all instances of the "KillQuest" variable in the QManage, the MapQuest file and NPC script to "KillQuest2". As by the sounds of it the NPC (and most likly the MapQuest file) are still reading the "KillQuest" variable.

So basically just duplicate the whole quest, change every instace of "KillQuest" in every file used to your new variable name and set up the new MapQuest info in MapQuest.txt.

Hope that helps.

p

I meant KillCount btw, my mistake. Ah right well I must have missed some bits then, I just wasn't sure if changing 'KillCount' was breaking it cos 'KillCount' is an actual command or something. Thanks i'll look at it again.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham

ρяєα¢нєя;713560 said:

Hope that helps.

p

Edit: doesn't matter, think I've pretty much got this now.

Last edited:

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham

A problem I'm now having is that the kill count isn't saving when you log out, if you don't kill them all in one go. When you relog it just resets to 0?

Flame

Terminus
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 17, 2003

Ive treid the Evolution NPC thing out.. and did it all as you said but i think ive did a small mistake.. when i click yes lets go on the NPC i get this error in my M2

[28/03/2010 17:54:11] [Npc Condition Error] Cmd:CHECKVAR NPC:Evolution Map:0 (331:263) Param1:Global Param2:EvoCount Param3:= Param4:4 Param5:

Any ideas?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

may be abit late but maybe it will help other

in Qman

this done have the path to find this txt
#IF
CHECK [452] 1
#ACT
Var Integer Human KillCount1 0
LoadVar Human KillCount1 Integral.txt

this is the rite way to find the txt
#IF
CHECK [452] 1
#ACT
LoadVar Human KillCount1 ../QuestDiary/Variables/Integral.txt

Flame

Terminus
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 17, 2003

may be abit late but maybe it will help other

in Qman

this done have the path to find this txt
#IF
CHECK [452] 1
#ACT
LoadVar Human KillCount1 Integral.txt

this is the rite way to find the txt
#IF
CHECK [452] 1
#ACT
LoadVar Human KillCount1 ../QuestDiary/Variables/Integral.txt

That to help me out mate? because its confusing as hell lol i know its script but if it is to help me i have nothing like that in my Qman script... if its not to help me sorry lol

Flame

Terminus
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 17, 2003

soz that was for gotrex :)

Any idea with my problem? lol ill post my scripts if need be its really annoying me now tbh.

Also can i just ask am i supposed to put the NPC in Market_DEF or NPC_DEF? ive put it in NPC because when it was in Market it wouldnt open up the script with the NPC altho the guide says put it in Market? ARGHH!!

Last edited:

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009

Am trying to use the killcount quest to run Invasion scripts, Do i need to have a flag set for it to work ?

0 [101] 1 InvasionRock * DeerQuest

Any help apreciated

Edit: Dont worry im just going to use 1 flag, and set it when you make your char. Nice releases btw Preacher, thanks alot :)

rana

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
i do everything and it not work in m2server say

[Npc Condition Error] Cmd:CHECKVAR NPC:QuestNPC Map:0 (325:271) Param1:Global Param2:EvoCount Param3:= Param4:4 Param5:
any idea

Last edited: