GUIDE: Making a weapon for mir

Thanatos

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 26, 2003
Sheffield
not a very user friendly programme at all, think i may need too learn a lot more about maya first. lol,

great release though, will make releases much easier to come by.

Thanatos

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 26, 2003
Sheffield
so far... so good just needs a handle on it, not sure on next step but will find out soon i guese :x

/Buggy

Attachments

• new sword.jpg
    new sword.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 532

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
2nd part of the guide updated with a release of the autorender script iv created for this scene.
it will make your life very very easy :P:P:P

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003
Chatsworth Estate, Manchester
Hey man

Great thread, will have to have a play with this at some point. I can see a lot of new unique weapons on different servers soon :)

Be a nice change seeing new different things on different servers rather than everyone having and using the same images.

Good Work !! :ppunk:

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
i must realy appologise for the guide images are not working also the link to the examples are not working .

this is because our website provider has stopt providing at all (lycos to name the company) they made an agreement with us that all these services where taken over by another company (lycos sold there customers) including ftp etc.

now the downpart comes they just left and we heard nothing of them except the last payment we had to do they did not provide the transfer
or whatevver so this means our ftp is gone aswel

i still have everything on my pc howevver and are planning to put it all backup i cant say when tho since irl im getting a leading function in the company i work so i dont have many time to workout my hobby :P

anyway i know its abit late :D but i still like to wish everyone a stunning new year :ppunk:

when i got my web**** backup i will fix the guide and also add some new guides since i made alot off progress since the last guide :D
i hope you all can understand and this guide dont get deleted since it will come backup i promiss

mlefevre

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2003
I'm pretty experienced with Maya, but could do with some help, as the authors links/images are no longer working.

I could do with the project files and render settings.

Any help appreciated.

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
I have been thinking about doing this using BIPED in Max. To create a set of animations shoudlnt be too hard you can follow the same principle of rotating the controle spline to get the different directions and you can just link the weapon to the hand of the rig. You could also then create your own armours and char's as well as weapons.

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
would it be possible for one of you to expeort it as an FBX so i can get the animation in to max to have a play? Also do the render settings give the files generated the correct colour pallet?