Fame from bosses

smoochy boys on tour

budyniowski

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
Warsaw, Poland
Maby its simple... but no for me. I think i must use map quest for it, but i dont know how write mapquest scripts. I want make script with give various fame (0-3 for example) for all ppl in group (for example: one ppl got 1 fp from BoarKing, other 0, and other 2)
Any ideas?

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
If you want to learn MapQuest, the best thing to do is look in your MapQuest.txt file.

That will show you all the current MapQuests, and will also show you the Syntax and where all the files are.

But.. here is an example..

Killing BoarKing.

Code:
D705 [0] 0 [MonDie] BoarKing * [FamePoints\BossKilling] [@BoarKing] Group

This will run the script "Envir\QuestDiary\FamePoints\BossKilling.txt" and will look for the Header @BoarKing and run that, when BoarKing is killed.

You can add Flags to the MapQuest so that the MapQuest will only run if a flag has been set.

i.e.

Code:
D705 [501] 1 [MonDie] BoarKing * [FamePoints\BossKilling] [@BoarKing] Group

This will now only run if the Flag 501 it set to a 1.

--------------------

Now, what you do in the script that it runs is up to you.. I am sure you should be capable of running a basic FP addition script..

Upvote 0

GmTidus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2008
you need put in mapquest.txt

D1406 [0] 0 [MonDie] EvilEmperor * [MapQuest_Def\bossfp] [@Main]

and then go to Mapquest_def\bossfp and put

[@main]
#if
checkfame
#act
mov D4 %P9
inc D4 6 (number of fp)
setfame %D4
linemsg [grobal] "The boss EvilEmperor has been killed by<$USERNAME> "
sysmsg "you receive 6 FP !"

Upvote 0

mapadale

Cheers guys, I've been trying to figure out the mapqest system for a month or two now and everything fits into my map quests now.

Cheers

/Matt

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
ehm Tidus what u wrote is old and u find not 1 script u find more !

that is not the point how mapquest work and fame. he asked for a random script that give not everyone in the grp the same fp. And that is harder

so player 1 and 2 and 3 go together and kill ec

they killed ec as grp

result:
player 1 get a random fp from 2
player 2 get a random fp from 5
player 3 get a random fp from 1

as next they go and kill ed

result:
player 1 get a random fp from 4
player 2 get a random fp from 1
player 3 get a random fp from XYZ what ever

that is the problem.

a mapquest script that give or take fp/exp/items what ever isnt hard to find here.

(btw at present i dunno if its possible to make that kind of script cause ill believe its not possible to tell a script 3 diffrent players need 3 diffrent fp random results. it would be possible to get a random fp result but than the same for all players in that grp)

means:

all 3 go kill ec
result
player 1 get a random fp from 4
player 2 get a random fp from 4
player 3 get a random fp from 4

next boss the random maybe take 1 or 5 or 2 or maybe 4 again what ever. that is possible.

greetz ameno

Upvote 0

GmTidus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2008
hmm ok sorry :P i have only this

my script is only for when 1player kill 1 bos not for group

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
Ok maybe u have a bad start m8

If one have a request its nice that ppl try to help self if they haven´t read the request right :)

second if u have a request make ur own thread cause that not help the one that start that topic :) :)

and third i also think that is not so easy possible mhh maybe with a userlist that put the user from a grp on the list if they enter the KINGROOM. If u make than over mapquest a mondie check or a mondie check over command that give out the names from that user list mhh

its only theoretical the question is if u can make it over a user list how u can read it out mhh. so u see ill think its not really possible and if than mhh....

greetz

ameno

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Does it run the script seperatly or once per group?

It might be worth a test if nobody has tried it.

#IF
Movr D0 5
CheckFame
#ACT
Inc D0 %P9
SetFame %D0

Upvote 0

budyniowski

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
Warsaw, Poland
Thx fof posting in thit thread, I must start testing when i back from work. (And it 100% possible to give variable fame for all ppl in group) I see it on 1 polish serwer where i play a few months ago :)

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I was thinking about it myself, it MUST run seperately for each player else the Command CheckFame would not return each person correct FamePoints.

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh the idea let me also thinking about it long. at first i was thinking about the bonus ability system but i ever fall over the prob with the group self.

it give an easy way to get the same result but than over a non directly way.

so if we took the example with player 1 and 2 and 3 kill ec

than its possible to make a seperate item that everyone that was in that group get as drop( i mean all ppl that are go to kill a boss get it as ONLY BOSS DROP ITEM) in bag over mapquest and mondie check. than only the grp members that killed have that item. as next its possible to make a npc that work like the bonus ability npc and work only if a player have that item in bag and take it same time he give the random fp´s. so every player get a random fp self if they killed the boss in group.

its not the best way and not the best looking once but its a possibility to get the same result. i will think about it more if i found anoher way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

budyniowski

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
Warsaw, Poland
[@main]
#IF
CheckFame
#ACT
Movr D0 5
Mov D1 %D0
Inc D0 %P9
SetFame %D0
sysmsg "You receive <$output(D1)> FP !"

This script work separated for all players in group, but 0 is too seldom. There is any way to more 0 value of fame what this script give to players?;p

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Movr will give you any value between 0 and 4.

What I should have done is

Movr D0 5
Inc D0 1

Which will then give you a number between 1 and 5.

Upvote 0

GmTidus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2008
to give fp to all members of grp for example 5 fp player1 5fp player2 5fp player3

[@main]
#IF
CheckFame
#ACT
Movr D0 5
Mov D1 %D0
Inc D0 %P9
SetFame %D0

number 5 are the number of fps¿?

Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
to give fp to all members of grp for example 5 fp player1 5fp player2 5fp player3

[@main]
#IF
CheckFame
#ACT
Movr D0 5
Mov D1 %D0
Inc D0 %P9
SetFame %D0

number 5 are the number of fps¿?
That will give them random fame from 0-5 and i think it will give each member the same FP instead of diffrent values

Upvote 0