Sunderland V Newcastle

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Haha, You hear the boos that Joey Barton got, He shouldn't be allowed to play!

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
Aint had a chance to watch motd yet! Heard about some fight after the final whistle? No decent vids on youtube of it :(.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Wasnt really a fight. It would have been BIG news if it was a fight.

Mackem

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 18, 2004
Kent, S.E England
There was always going to be a little hustle between them as theyre local rivals, sunderlands surprise win was the tip of it.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
2-1, We always win 2-1, we always win 2-1

There was always going to be a little hustle between them as theyre local rivals, sunderlands surprise win was the tip of it.
Made me lol, all the **** Newcastle has had over the past year and your suprised? Watch when things calm down again, we'll kick your dirty mackem arses back down!

smb231.JPG

Mackem

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 18, 2004
Kent, S.E England
Made me lol, all the **** Newcastle has had over the past year and your suprised? Watch when things calm down again, we'll kick your dirty mackem arses back down!

smb231.JPG

Haha get back in your hole mate. Yeah it is a surprise as said in another post , Sunderland never beat Newcastle for 28 years at home. Don't matter how Newcastle are performing . . . they're getting back on track , a win is a win. Scummy ****. Anyone can use google.

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
Lol nice picture. How bad is the rivalary between you two? Man Utd and Man City aint really that bitter anymore, well not from the United point of view lol the one that'll be more trouble is us and the scousers.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Lol nice picture. How bad is the rivalary between you two? Man Utd and Man City aint really that bitter anymore, well not from the United point of view lol the one that'll be more trouble is us and the scousers.
Its not rivalry its usually utter pawnage, but the loss of keegan and this useless chairman, these ****s have got 1 over on us, 28 fkin years for a reason!

Maybe next time when were playing in the Stadium Of sh ite we'll show u why the toon are the pride of the north east

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Or maybe Newcastle fans will be brought back down to earth?

Best fans in the world? Proper fans follow their team through thick and thin... someone rmind me of how many people attended Newcastles games when they were lower down the leagues?

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Or maybe Newcastle fans will be brought back down to earth?

Best fans in the world? Proper fans follow their team through thick and thin... someone rmind me of how many people attended Newcastles games when they were lower down the leagues?
Its a wide spread fact that the Geordies are among the loyalist of fans and have kept up attendances to pretty much as they always have been, if there were lower attendances when we wer further down the league (which i think this is the lowest we've been all season) then its pretty much garunteed it was a result of the boycott that the fans took against the chairman.

A survey was done in August and they found that 47 percent of Newcastle fans are willing to pass up important family time and other things to attend Newcastle games. That is a remarkable stat.

Birmingham City (35 percent) and Sunderland (34) completed the top three - showing that the Big Four aren't the best in fan loyalty. Chelsea however did come in fourth with 32, the only of the four in the top six. Manchester City and Wigan (31 each) fill out the top six. The article contains other interesting tidbits that are definitely worth a read about the devotion of football fans in England.

Not exactly something to be proud of but hey lol

Last edited:

Mackem

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 18, 2004
Kent, S.E England
Its not rivalry its usually utter pawnage, but the loss of keegan and this useless chairman, these ****s have got 1 over on us, 28 fkin years for a reason!

Maybe next time when were playing in the Stadium Of sh ite we'll show u why the toon are the pride of the north east

The pride of the north east is greggs ( Yes the bakery ) You do realise it dont matter what you say, you' still lost. Don't matter with keegan leaving he don't play on the field does he? Nor does Mike Ashley . . . just shows you how the standards of newcastle has dropped having an obese alcaholic calling the shots.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Its a wide spread fact that the Geordies are among the loyalist of fans and have kept up attendances to pretty much as they always have been, if there were lower attendances when we wer further down the league (which i think this is the lowest we've been all season) then its pretty much garunteed it was a result of the boycott that the fans took against the chairman.

Not exactly something to be proud of but hey lol

1993/1994 Premiership 3 33,794
1992/1993 Division One (New) 1(C) 29,048
1991/1992 Division Two (Old) 20 21,012
1990/1991 Division Two (Old) 11 16,879
1989/1990 Division Two (Old) 3 21,579

So in the 90's, when you was in a lower league, your attendances drop as low as 16,000 (And there AVERAGE attendances throughout the seasons).

then watch how they magically change

2002/2003 Premiership 3 51,923
2001/2002 Premiership 4 51,373
2000/2001 Premiership 11 51,309
1999/2000 Premiership 11 36,333
1998/1999 Premiership 13 36,665

Where were you all when you was ****?

Most loyal fans my arse.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
You looked at them stats? the old division 2 was only the second league down and we still managed 21k then dropped for a year, according to you for non loyalty yet the next year it goes back to normal, why? because we were promoted? no we wer still in the same division!

The fact is theres only 1 promotion shown there and the fans increase by only 8k yet in the late 90's u can see increases there up to double that for no reason whatsoever showing its more a case of other things going on rather than anything to do with loyalty.

I like that graph though because overall it shows a increasing fan base for Newcastle

Spoon666

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 12, 2005
South West Wales
The pride of the north east is greggs ( Yes the bakery ) You do realise it dont matter what you say, you' still lost. Don't matter with keegan leaving he don't play on the field does he? Nor does Mike Ashley . . . just shows you how the standards of newcastle has dropped having an obese alcaholic calling the shots.

" dont matter with keegan leaving he don't play on the field does he?"

this year we have had 3 managers (not permanent), that would **** up any team and we're going through a hard time atm, yet we're still above sunderland? Who are doing better than they have for years?

I dont know why i replied to you, if you think managers dont make any difference you obviously dont know anything about football. When things go horribly wrong the managers get the blame for a reason.

/spoonsm8