Thank you Mod Added.

mapadale

Why should I make you aware? I will post within the thread that it needs to be cleaned, but I'm not going to do your job and run through each thread linking you to it. You need to go around cleaning everything, that's the whole point of your Mod position, if it's boring... don't mod?

Can't comment on other Mods as I don't think I've ever seen me tbh.

(Note: This is directed at Mir II section staff).
A mod shouldn't have to clean up threads after user's and no its not the mod's job to do.

Its a mods place to penalise people like yourself for not actually complying to rules and creating that mess in the first place.

A mod is here to moderate and not clean up after people, this is why rules are inplace. If a mod has to clean up after someone, then in my eyes they should be punished for it. As this is taking the mod away from what he's actually ment to do.

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
A mod shouldn't have to clean up threads after user's and no its not the mod's job to do.

Its a mods place to penalise people like yourself for not actually complying to rules and creating that mess in the first place.

A mod is here to moderate and not clean up after people, this is why rules are inplace. If a mod has to clean up after someone, then in my eyes they should be punished for it. As this is taking the mod away from what he's actually ment to do.

QFT!

I've never actually read rules untill i was a mod (i had to sign a little post saying i read them, so i did read :P) It is amazing how many rules are broken in the posts.... ive had urge to give out like 8 warnings yesterday, i didnt, as i dnt know if i was allowed to in other forums outside map section lol!

The mod is being abused, i ve seen thank you's posted because a persons agree'd with the comment. You don't thank somebody for a comment, unless its telling YOU.. personally something. (e.g Server host being given ideas etc..)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
QFT!

I've never actually read rules untill i was a mod (i had to sign a little post saying i read them, so i did read :P) It is amazing how many rules are broken in the posts.... ive had urge to give out like 8 warnings yesterday, i didnt, as i dnt know if i was allowed to in other forums outside map section lol!

The mod is being abused, i ve seen thank you's posted because a persons agree'd with the comment. You don't thank somebody for a comment, unless its telling YOU.. personally something. (e.g Server host being given ideas etc..)

Well done?

Moving swiftly on...

mapadick said:

Actually it is moderators' job to clean threads when necessary. It's all part of the package. They have the ability to delete posts/threads etc. etc. for a reason, not just as a novelty. If you don't like it, then GTFO and let the next person fail at it.

A mod is here to moderate and not clean up after people

Pretty much contradicts itself...

-----------------------------

Don't really like the thanks system myself. People are just going to complain because someone who generally posts more, in whatever section it may be, are more likely to get a higher "thanks count" (aka reputation) than someone who happens to make a release once in a blue moon. Cry good?

I liked the fact that with the reputation system you can detract from the persons count if they're a moron, cos it's fun tbh.

BRING BACK FUN!

Oh no dont bother cos im going now

ta ra :wavee:

/Tai

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Don't really like the thanks system myself. People are just going to complain because someone who generally posts more, in whatever section it may be, are more likely to get a higher "thanks count" (aka reputation) than someone who happens to make a release once in a blue moon. Cry good?

I liked the fact that with the reputation system you can detract from the persons count if they're a moron, cos it's fun tbh.

BRING BACK FUN!

Oh no dont bother cos im going now

ta ra :wavee:

/Tai

tbh, i'll agree with that bit... But because its fun? Dont you think that's a little childish? lol

But as i said, the first part has some meaning to it. Tbh its a fact that people are just going to abuse this Thanks system... atleast with reputation it limited you to a certain amount perday, and as mentioned, you could not only add but REDUCE people's reputation.

Which tbh is needed because some people are just complete asshats and, if theyre block is red, theyre pretty much named and shamed for being one.

Absolutly nothing to do with fun... Bring it back because it worked.

My 2 cents on the matter :)

/Cloud

PeeKay

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2006
erm. the other week u banned me for abusing the thankyou system, when i actualy only did it once or twice, but the other 2 ppl (badboyadam) & (iceslice) who was abusing it plenty more was not banned and nothing was said 2 them. dnno if its cus u dnt like me ingame or wat but i think its abit immature, and now i cant use the thank u system!!!!!

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
dnno if its cus u dnt like me ingame or wat but i think its abit immature

I think I speak for the entire VIP and staff groups on this forum when I say I don't think any of us know who you are ingame, nor care. If you were banned it would be for being an ass on here.

/egopoint-50

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Lol @ PeeKay, Haz is immature for banning him for not following the rules. Don't quite get PeeKay's point with this one, unless he is trying to look retarded.

Also, if you are planning on keeping the 'Thanks', atleast make a 'ThatWasUselessSoImaGiveYouMinusThanks' mod.

PeeKay

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2006
how am i making my self look retarded, the 2 main ppl who was abusing the thanks system didnt get banned, but me who did it twice did..?

@gotrex lol @ the whole of V I P if u dnt kno me ingame then u obv spend 2 much time on forums then u do ingame hence why ur vip, but it was not an attempt 2 make me look good ingame(i alrdy know am good) i just didnt get why he only banned me when i did it less, so i asked if it was cus he didnt like me ingame

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
how am i making my self look retarded, the 2 main ppl who was abusing the thanks system didnt get banned, but me who did it twice did..?

@gotrex lol @ the whole of V I P if u dnt kno me ingame then u obv spend 2 much time on forums then u do ingame hence why ur vip, but it was not an attempt 2 make me look good ingame(i alrdy know am good) i just didnt get why he only banned me when i did it less, so i asked if it was cus he didnt like me ingame

lol... I spend about as much time on these forums as I do playing mir - very little. The fact you think everyone should know who you are ingame is just comical.

it was not an attempt 2 make me look good ingame(i alrdy know am good)

"He who brags is insecure and lacking anything to really brag about."

Last edited: