Thank you Mod Added.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
It seems far less abusable than the rep mod. People can't send bad rep for things like "prick tbh" as you've disagreed with them.

I think people are still trying it out and maybe thanking for things they normally wouldn't.

It just needs moderating similar to posts.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
This system does seem to be working i supose, I have seen a couple of releases and so forth pop up since the system has been in. Which is a bonus. Its also good mods can now monitor this system too.

PS killmaster that post was more aimed towards admins rather than mods. Dont really see much admin activity these days :(

/Zen2

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Who is actually admin now? You seem to be quite active now, But miles and the other old skool admins dont seem to ever come on and say hi anymore!!

/Zen2

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Lol.

No Kill, you are not very active, not enough for the amount of spam around the section in which you mod.

Also, the +/-Rep was a better feature imo. Purely because the +Rep is pretty much the same as Thanking (When not abused and thrown around randomly), but, as mentioned, with the Rep you can '-' from people, which is also a good feature to have (Again, when not abused and thrown around randomly).

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Lol.

No Kill, you are not very active, not enough for the amount of spam around the section in which you mod.

Make me aware of the threads that need cleaning or managing then I would do it. I'm not going to go around cleaning everything. I shouldn't even be the only mir2 mod anyway. Single handedly cleaning server adverts is extremely boring and the work load would be nice if it was to be shared out with a few other mods.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Make me aware of the threads that need cleaning or managing then I would do it. I'm not going to go around cleaning everything. I shouldn't even be the only mir2 mod anyway. Single handedly cleaning server adverts is extremely boring and the work load would be nice if it was to be shared out with a few other mods.

Check the staff sections :).

/Haz

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
why not just make someone the Thank you moderator, not a hard task just check posts make sure no one is abusing, and can post in staff section for people who are abusing this new system so they can issue warnings or possible banns,

i read the forums daily and im sure a whole number of people do and i read amount 70% of the threads in just for light reading, im sure theres enough responsible too tackle this task,

Seifer

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
It has gone out of control as is expected with this community.

Some people are thanking for anything, everytime someone posts something entertaining or something they agree with, rather than thanking for help or contributing.

And of course then theres the idiots who just mess around.

I feel the only way it will work is with more mods / a dedicated mod who can remove thanks and infract people.

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
tbh just let it fizzle out for awhile once the new trend of pressing thank you has worn off im sure it will be rarely used at all, only for thank you for something that deserves a thank you, just give it a month or so,

seifer

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Prime example of the Thank you being abused.

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=59513

Hazuki, is there anyway this can be reduced so that only certain USER GROUPS are able to use the Thank you mod.
yeah i seen that post a few days ago and was like wtf they using ty for? I think maybe a global message of HOW the system should be used ex. giving thanks for someone helping another person, releasing something etc and not just an agreement or w/e they are doing should be the first step

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
I somehow recieved 3 Thanks, Is there anyway to check who gave them and where from (as a user)

Or do you have to actually hunt through every post you made ¬_¬

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey

Why should I make you aware? I will post within the thread that it needs to be cleaned, but I'm not going to do your job and run through each thread linking you to it. You need to go around cleaning everything, that's the whole point of your Mod position, if it's boring... don't mod?

Can't comment on other Mods as I don't think I've ever seen me tbh.

(Note: This is directed at Mir II section staff).

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Thats a little harsh, Killmaster has a life, girlfirend & collage to attend to aswell as mod this section of the forum, Give him a break lol...