Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
This Guide Is For Windows Vista Users

Please read the ATTENTION! note i wrote for the xp server guide

STEP 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------​
Download the Legend Of Mir 2.3 Client from this website: GamersHell

When you have downloaded the file extract it anywhere and double click on the Mir20Client.exe

The installation will start.. this will take a few minutes depending on your system.. in order to install it correctly follow this easy steps..

Starting from the first window after it has read the installation files press:
- Next
- Yes
- Insert Username and Company (i have put . and .) & press Next
- Don't Change Destination Folder & press Next
- Next
Now wait for installation to complete.. after it has installed press
- Finish!

STEP 2
Download the SQL Server 2005 and its essential parts from here:

[this part presumes that you dont have sql 2005 installed.. if you do then uninstall it and follow this guide completly]

OPEN THIS LINK:
MSSQL 2005 Express Edition

Press "Download files below" and choose the 53.5 MB file..
Download it and open it..

If the program says

then choose Run Program

Now Follow My Clicks for having a correct installation:
- tick the accept licence terms and hit next
- next
- Run program
- Next
- You should have all Success.. with 0 errors and 0 warning.. else if you have some errors then stop and ask here.. if everything is okay then hit next
- Next
- Next
- Select Mixed Mode and input "sa" in enter password and "sa" in confirm psw
- Next
- Install
- Wait
- Wait more
- When completed press next and finish

OPEN THIS LINK:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2

Press "Download files below" and choose the 282.4 MB file (if you have not the vista 64bit version).. else if you have the 64bit download the 300+mb file

I installed this only because it's said to be a required bit for running sql correctly..

Follow my clicks also here:
- Next
- Select "I accept" and press next
- Next
- Next
- In this window if everything is correct you should get a message saying "Locked files not found" so press next
- Install
- Then next next and finish

OPEN THIS LINK:
SQL Server Management Studio Express

Press "Download files below" and choose the 38.5 MB file (if you have not the vista 64bit version).. else if you have the 64bit download the 39mb file

Just install the Studio Management without changing nothing.. keep everything to default..

STEP 3
Download the edited mirserver files from here: MegaUpload

if anyone feels to host i will be happy..

This server files are already setted and have a few fixes in them.. the fixes are the mapquest error and the server ips all setted to 127.0.0.1.. and some smaller things

Put the Mirserver.exe in C:\ and double click it.. in the window make sure it will extract itself in C:\ and press Install..

Now go in C:\Mirserver and double click on "1-Set Up Maps.bat"
This will copy for you all the maps in your client folder into your server files..

Now double click on "2-Set Up My Client files.bat"
This will fix your client files so that you can connect correctly to them
This will also create a Diamond Shortcut on your desktop.. if the shortcut doesnt appear on the desktop try clicking in an empty place of the desktop and then hit F5 on the keyboard and see if the shortcut pops up..
use this to play the game from now on

Now double click on "3-Set Up Server Starter.bat"
This will fix your serverstarter and set it to work directly
This will also create a Serverstarter shorcut on your desktop, use this to start the server from now on

STEP 4
This is the last part of the Guide.. maybe also the most important part tbh..

open START > ALL PROGRAMS > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server Management Studio Express..

when the window pops up you should have something like this:

it's very important to write down the server name because we will need to set this in our files.. in my case my server name is "Lux666-PC\SQLEXPRESS"

Select SQL Server Authentication and for login put "sa" and password "sa" and hit Connect

If you have entered the things i said you should now see some folders called:
Databases
Security
Server Objects etc etc

Right click on the folder called Databases and select "New Database"

In the window that pops up right the following this:
Where it says "Database Name" write "mir2"
Then press OK

Now double click on Databases
Right click on mir2 and choose Tasks > Restore > Database...

In the window that pops up select From Device and press the button with 3 dots which is at the right of From Device [...]

Then press Add
Then change the Files of Type to All files(*) and browse in C:\Mirserver\DBserver\ and select the database called "mir2(restorethis)"
Then press OK
Then press OK again and we are back at the window where we choose From device before..

Now here make sure you put the tick like in the image:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now on the left top part press Options and choose "Overwrite the existing database"

Now press OK and everything should be restored correctly!

STEP 5
Now you still have to set a few things.. open the mirserver folder which is in C:\.. open the DBserver and open the dbsrc.txt

make sure that you change the red line to what i am going to tell you:
[SQL]
SQLType=mssql
SQLHost=127.0.0.1
SQLPort=3306
SQLDatabase=mir2
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=sa

must become
SQLHost="ServerName" like i said before.. in my case, has i said.. this line will be
SQLHost=Lux666-PC\SQLEXPRESS

the same thing must be done in the !setup.txt which is in the M2server folder
which should look like this but with your personal servername.. (NOT MINE!)

[SQL]
UseSQL=TRUE
SQLHost=Lux666-PC\SQLEXPRESS
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=sa
SQLDatabase=mir2
SQLType=mssql
SQLPort=3306
SQLCharDatabase=mir2

Now we can start the server using the serverstarter link on your desktop..
wait it to load completly.. if you have done all the things i did u also will get this message at the end of the M2server.exe

[07/12/2008 11.01.21] LoginServer Connected(127.0.0.1:5600)
[07/12/2008 11.01.21] Gate[0](127.0.0.1:2135) Opened...
[07/12/2008 11.01.24] DBServer Connected(127.0.0.1:6000)

which means that the server is running correctly..

Now use the diamond link to open mir and create a new char..

FAQ
1) Fixing the mongen!
Exporting the file we need:
Method 1) First way is Exporting the Tbl_Mongen using SQL 2000 following this steps:

Right click on the table TBL_Mongen and click on export and export
as text file.
Click OK on the next screen
Click the Delimited option at the top and then click next
On the choose the delimiter that separates fields option at the top, click on the 'Tab' button and in the Text Qualifier dropdown box on the right, click on {none}
Click on Next
Click on Finish

Else Method 2) Second way is using the TBL_Mongen.xls that mirrealms shared ages ago..
do to this download the file from here then open it with Excel.. press File > Save File As.. then choose in the File Type drop menu the voice saying Text (MS-Dos) *.txt and press Save.. in the window that pops up choose yes..

Importing the File to Sql 2005:
To be able to import you need to do 3 things explained in the following link.. (this step must be done once and will work forever..)
the 3 things

Now press start > run > cmd and make your command changing the red parts

in my case i used:
bcp mir2.dbo.tbl_mongen in C:\tbl_mongen_exported.txt -T -c -S Lux666-PC\SQLEXPRESS

the first one is the txt file you have exported
the second is the server name

Last edited:

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
my gosh..

first line of the guide i wrote:

Please read the ATTENTION! note i wrote for the xp server guide

!!ATTENTION!! : Before continuing you must know the following things..
The server files are packed which means that most of the recent antivirus programs out there.. like AVG, Kaspersky or whatever will recon that the exes zipped in the server files are viruses.. which means that before continuing you must add an execption to your antivirus programs to disable scanning in C:\Mirserver... if you don't do this in most cases the antivirus application might not delete the file if you say it not to but it will block it anyway which will turn into having a server not working properly.. take a few minutes before starting the guide to check if you have or not an antivirus on your pc.. and if u do add an exception..

Upvote 0

Dral

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 2, 2010
Awesome man it works now thanks. sorry for being an idiot :P

One more thing. I want to make it accessible to others, do I simply change the IP address in certain files to my IP?

Any info would be fantastic, it's a great guide mate well done :)

Upvote 0

Dral

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 2, 2010
I've noted that I'm only getting monsters being spawned in past bichon. I also noted that the mongen table references maps that don't exist... is there a working mongen I could get? I also want to note that I'm using MSSQL 2005 and there is no import export and there is no tool to do import export.

Another thing is some NPC's aren't showing? Either their skin or at all, how do I fix this? It also seems I can't sell things to the NPC's, is this a common problem and what do I need to do to rectify this? I can also walk through NPC's is this cause I made myself a GM? and how do I edit what items the NPC's sell?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Levi134

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2010
I almost posted very much the same as the post above, Dral you have asked almost all the same questions as I would have.

EvilMir is bugged The walls never die. and also does not drop.
OmaKingSpirit also has no drop. The drop file is there and I have tried editing it but still no luck making the oks drop any items.

Any tips?

Upvote 0

Levi134

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2010
Frustrated... I have followed your guide Mstation, and most things are okay. But my big problem is how can I get the monsters to spawn? I have a mongen.txt file but I am not sure where to put it in the files.

I read one guild that said mongen.txt needs to be in the C:Mirserver\M2Server\Mir200\Envir But in these server files the folder Mir200 does not exist. So I placed the mongen.txt file into envir anyway but nothing happened.

I need some help :)

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Dral

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 2, 2010
The problem Levi, is that the data in the table is wrong. For a start the map names are wrong except for those that pertain to Past Bichon and Evil Mir. Even when you fix the map names in the MonGen table it still doesn't cover all the monster spawns in the game.

What we NEED is a full mongen table.

Dral

Upvote 0

Levi134

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2010
Even If I had a list of what "map codes = what map" and a list of "All Mobs" I would take the time to manually enter everything... I have no problem working hard and putting in the time to get a server running... but I am stuck right now.

Upvote 0

Luis

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2011
Umm fail'd for me i copied everything but when i double click:

1-Set Up Maps.bat
2-Set Up My Client files.bat
3-Set Up Server Starter.bat

It doesnt work it says:
System Cannot Find the path specifed

someone please teamviewer me to help me get this server working offline for me please...

/Luis

Upvote 0

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I managed to get the server running to the point where I can log in and I am now GM. There are many in-game fixes that I need to figure out how to do still :)... (some items have very strange stats and some shops sell things they should not, those errors are all I have come across so far)

If you have Windows 7 you need to do the following:

Everything to do with setup is still the same but you need the latest version of SQL Server express edition. link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=26435597-b28e-4568-9d16-017bdf47abdc&displaylang=en

Download SQLEXPR.EXE and then download SQLEXPR_ADV.EXE. Then install both in that order.

The SQLEXPR_ADV.EXE will install the latest service pack AND the Management Studio. After this follow the steps in the first post of this thread to get your server running.

i dunno what ur on, but SQL ADV is just exactly the same as SQL Server...doesnt install enterprise manager or anyhing.

Upvote 0

hellothere

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2010
How do you spawn monsters? I'm in game but i can't see any monsters anywhere. Not even in any of the dungeons.

Upvote 0

GoldieDragon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2006
For people having problems with the express studio manager sql 2005 thingy lol

I have a solution that will fix it :)

1. Open cmd (run as admin)
2. Type C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\Downloads\SQLServer2005_SSMSEE_x64.msi, press ENTER
3. Wait for installation to complete and you have finished.

Upvote 0

xAnimo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks very much guys , this realy helped me alote , Iam downloading the files now and I will Post if I got somthing wrong with it :)

Upvote 0

xAnimo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2011
I got SQL 2005 , but can't find the export button and I afraid to download SQL 2000 I get problems , the SQL Works very good but There is no exporting or importing on it can some one please explain what should I do ?

Thanks .

/xAnimo

Upvote 0

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
i am getting a problem with the part that has me install SQL server management studio express.

i get the error code 29506 and then it rolls back and uninstalls the whole thing :(

EDIT that cmd thing worked great thanx :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Madrinha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 16, 2011
Amstadam
Hi, im having a problem understanding the ' move the mirserver.exe to C:\ etc etc, can you explain what you mean by that? cause when i run 2-set up my client files ' it comes back saying cannot find specifield file ' . . . Ive got the server up and running but i think im using the wrong .exe to connect cause it freeze's at log-in gate :P

Upvote 0

Madrinha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 16, 2011
Amstadam
It means you should put your server files in the C drive directory. i.e. C:\mirserver

my server files are in C:\mirserver like always, it still says the problem :/ have you got msn & a couple minutes to do teamviewer with me please?, I've tried everything and still cant get it working lol & how do i access GMlist to add people?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Upvote 0