ZhengTu Server Development

smoochy boys on tour

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
New thread because of our new version, other contained old information from previous development.

Ok with our new version we have manage to get things working which never worked in the previous version, also updated more to the official features.
Most work has to be reset, which we don't mind now we have a fully understanding of the client side and the server side.
Another good thing about this new version is that we can use a Launcher and normal exe. to get you in game, last version we was only able to use a normal exe. so with the launcher you are able to make accounts.

This will be the progress on the server, instead of posting a update every so often just look below to see were we are.
------------------------------PROGRESS-----------------------------
Client
NPC Names: 100% Complete
Monsters: 100% Complete

Items:

• [*]Weapons 100% Complete
    [*]Armors 100% Complete
    [*]Rings 100% Complete
    [*]Necklaces 100% Complete
    [*]Boots 100% Complete
    [*]Shields 100% Complete
    [*]Waistbands 100% Complete
    [*]Costumes 100% Complete
    [*]Horse Equipement100% Complete
  • Bracelets 0%
  • Materials 0%
  • Other Items 0%
Items Description: 0%

Skills:
  • Warrior Skills 0%
  • Taoist Skills 0%
  • Wizard Skills 0%
  • Summoner Skills 0%
  • Archer Skills 0%
  • Special Skills 0%
Skills Description: 0%

MapInfo: 50%
Interface: 0%
Strings: 100% Complete
Other: 100% Completed

Server
Quests: 0%
NPC's Chat: 30%
NPC Shout Messages: 0%
Functions: 0%
Other: 0%
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Xander done alot of work client side, but am not sure what hes done until i speak to him later, so i will update that later.

Any questions just feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Have source codes or just server files?
Is it just basically a carry on from mir?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Have source codes or just server files?
Is it just basically a carry on from mir?

Only Source released is a older version of ZT, there been no release of a new one yet.

No not a carry on from mir, just a very successful 2.D game in China, The features in this game would compeat to any 3D game out there (I don't mean graphics wise).

@Mental
They will be released at some point, but we need to run a server to check everything and see how it goes before releasing anything.

And yes Ragezone will be the first to get them :).

Last edited:
Reactions: MythRohan

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Been busy all this week so not much has been done, just NPC's and Monsters.

Bicycle Race Event:

Starting Times:
10:00-11:20am
11:30-12:50am/pm
13:30-14:50pm

I will be changing these times once i fully understand this, this is just how it's set now.
3 Races a day, each lasting 1hour and 20minutes.
You need to re fuel your bike during the race, it's also a real race track, MAX of 24 people aloud in each race.

1st Place: Gold Cup
2nd Place: Silver Cup
3rd Place: Bronze Cup

You will be rewarded EXP or Items, random i believe.

More Information about this, i will let you know when i work it all out.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I can't start a race on my own, think you need atleast 2 people to be able to start so i can't test this yet, but this is of another server.

jv29v7.jpg

Now am not sure why hes on the floor, maybe you can attack people or hes just ran out of fuel i don't know until i i get it working.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
update please? game looks amazing

Been very busy the past week but finished of the Monsters and been testing them for few nights and they seem to be ok. I plan to start on Items on Saturday if not tomorrow, it's just me working on this so it may take a while to complete, plus i need to buy a new computer just to run ZT, mines just not good enough, maybe i can get a few testers on when i do also.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Been very busy the past week but finished of the Monsters and been testing them for few nights and they seem to be ok. I plan to start on Items on Saturday if not tomorrow, it's just me working on this so it may take a while to complete, plus i need to buy a new computer just to run ZT, mines just not good enough, maybe i can get a few testers on when i do also.

What spec you need to host?

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003

is it not possible to use ''dedi'' hosts like mir3 servers do?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
What spec you need to host?

Well the current computer am running it on is crap, only 512ram but il be moving it to my good pc, can't really afford to pay for a new one, i know this pc runs ZT ok because i used it last time when i let testers on.

Specs on this

AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual
Core Processor 5200+
2.70GHz, 2GB RAM

Yes it's possible to use a dedi, thats my plan for when it launches, but not into paying for one yet as am just got out of work so looking for a new job so got keep all my pennies safe until i find a new one.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Events

Rush Event
Starts every week, no date and time set yet, all that will happen is random monsters spawning in towns just like MIR.

Bicycle Cross Country
Using a bycycle you race around the world of ZT to the finish line, who ever wins will be rewarded.

God Five Astronautics
This am not so sure about, i belive when this event starts you need to go out and look for 5 items, once you got all 5 and handed them in you will be rewarded, but you need to complete it within the time. This is also a weekly event.

The Golden Jade
Simular to the event above except it's not 5 this time it's only one, you need to go and find this Golden Jade before times up.

PK Event
Find a party/group, max aloud in party is 10 people, must register before the event starts, when it starts you teleport to a map.

Lv0-99
Lv100-119
Lv120-160

So there is 3 types of the event depending on your level, so it's not just one massive killing spree for high levels. Rewards will be EXP.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Bicycle Cross Country Update:

This is 70% finished, NPC translated, able to get a bike and ride. when you get a bike 2 skill/item slots add to your screen, i don't know what they are for yet and following the arrow led me no were, could be because the event was not on am not sure.
156fhgp.jpg

13zxzdd.jpg

P.S Yes the NPC chat will be edited, was just a quick edit to get this working.

Now working on NPC's these are more important then Items/Spells as everything goes by ID not Name.

Last edited:

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Bicycle Cross Country Update:

This is 70% finished, NPC translated, able to get a bike and ride. when you get a bike 2 skill/item slots add to your screen, i don't know what they are for yet and following the arrow led me no were, could be because the event was not on am not sure.
156fhgp.jpg

13zxzdd.jpg

P.S Yes the NPC chat will be edited, was just a quick edit to get this working.

Now working on NPC's these are more important then Items/Spells as everything goes by ID not Name.

if u need any help testing this when u get to that phase, please give me a pm as i would be willing to beta test this for u!

looks amazing!

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
if u need any help testing this when u get to that phase, please give me a pm as i would be willing to beta test this for u!

looks amazing!

Testing will be available to everyone when it happens, may need a couple of people to help me with some things in game which require more then 1 character but i will ask on here who ever wants to help. Just wont a full English Client before i get testing going.

This will take a while to finish, am not sure how long it will take but am hoping it will be fully released before Christmas, it's like doing MIR 2x over so it's a pretty big project then i ever done in that past but it will be worth it.

If you got any questions or you want to see things in game just let me know and il try and get you the info, some things may not work like the official but il try my best to get as much features as i can in, checking the ZT Chinese dev forums every day for any fix's for in game, few contacts on QQ who are telling me about ZT which is helping me alot.

Last edited: