ZhengTu Server Development

smoochy boys on tour

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
client side shouldnt matter what o/s the server runs ( i would think)

With the Win version you get a client patch which contains a launcher, anothe game.exe and client files. But when the guy sent me the Linux version client patch it only contained the Game.exe and the other stuff may not be needed, hense why the Linux version is better i THINK. Il let you know once this guy gets back to me.

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
any news on the linux files? I've also noticed files have been posts on ragezone, are they newer?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
any news on the linux files? I've also noticed files have been posts on ragezone, are they newer?

Iv asked the owner to give me vip access to the files on his website, she said yea you can il set them but she not done it yet, i think the ones posted on Ragezone are pretty old but still would work. Am just trying to find out if the client side for linux is different, if it's not then il get the files for you.

Il get you some files now, you can test to see if they work with my client patch, il post when i get them.

Edit: Downloaed 5 sets of files but all WIN Versions, i pmd the guy on qq to send me the link for the Linux version, only problem is am not online in the day now so i can only really speak to them on weekends.

stigmas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2009
Spain
Server files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hs23acfloa395vf

Setup:
Install MySQL
Set your password and remember it.

After mysql is installed unzip DB.
Move the folder "Zebra" to C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\data

Open SQL and create a new connection
Name: Zebra
Password: Your MySQL password
then connect, you should see your db tables in the Zebra DB now.

Server files:
Move to ztserver to C:\
Open Config.xml with notepad
Now find these lines
<mysql>mysql://root:[email protected]:3306/Zebra</mysql>

All you need to do is replace "123456" with your mysql password

Example:
<mysql>mysql://root:[email protected]:3306/Zebra</mysql>

Should be like 5-6 of these so make sure you do them all.

Now open up the ConfigTool.exe (Sorry i will upload my English configtool now)
Go to Startup Settings and Click Start, your servers should now load up.

Note: Scenes server may take a minute or two, this is like the M2 Server.

Client Patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jru4fs2nsg6e0aj

Move into client Data folder.

Login + English Configtool.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9s4zexk7g6zj22b
Best way to make account is in sqlyog, find the table "Login" and create your account inside there, the launcher is still Chinese so just use the zt.exe to start the game up.

Oh and the English ConfigTool is with the launcher.

Hi Sanity;

It´s possible to reupload the client patch and loging+english configtool, links are dead.
i would like to play this game, i´ve followed your guide and everything is ok.
Sorry for my bad english.

byess

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Hi Sanity;

It´s possible to reupload the client patch and loging+english configtool, links are dead.
i would like to play this game, i´ve followed your guide and everything is ok.
Sorry for my bad english.

byess

I will need to look for them, pretty sure i backed up those, il post when i find them.

MrChuCong

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 9, 2011
how to setup server & client

i don't know chinese

i need client test
you can share for me

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
how to setup server & client

i don't know chinese

i need client test
you can share for me

I tried getting the client and patch but it's not were to be seen anymore, this game is now completely dead after ZhengTu 2 opening.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
hi
how can i get the server source?

The source is very hard to come by the last i checked, i would say the only source you will be able to get is the Linux version but development on ZT stopped a while ago in China now that ZT2 is out.

egmkang

LOMCN Leecher
Aug 11, 2012
The source is very hard to come by the last i checked, i would say the only source you will be able to get is the Linux version but development on ZT stopped a while ago in China now that ZT2 is out.
I see.
I'm a C++ programmer working on Linux.
I want to get the code to study. Can you send it to me?
thanks a lot.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Still have never seen a source for ZhengTu, i knew of someone who had one which i mentioned above for the Linux version but he never released it and i not seen him for a long time, and from what i know is ZT is dead completely, no one is working on it anymore, all the zt websites i knew of are down.

It's most likely because of ZhengTu 2 being released months back, but i don't think anyone is working on that, i get a few screenies spammed on QQ from ZT 2 but i think it's official server and too me it looks exactly the same just with a more modern interface.

Just another note that ZhengTu is hard as fk translating wise, it takes months of understanding how the server workings, most of the stuff has to be hexed server and client, it's not a fun job tbh.

Last edited:

chickenqna

LOMCN Leecher
Sep 5, 2013
All links are dead...
It´s possible to reupload server + patch ? Help me, i do love Zt :(

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Is there any Zhengtu MAPeditor exist?

Possibly although am not 100% sure, the people who worked on Acem2 source took a lot of stuff from Zhengtu, i remember seeing tiles, objects from zt in the client pak files for acem2. What's the map format for zt?