[ Releasing Files - Virus Checking ]

smoochy boys on tour

Emeralld

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 13, 2009
I've noticed recently that files are being released and they have Viruses attached to them and no one is doing anything to protect against this sort of thing.

Now a lot of file .exe will have false positives due to the way they are codded, but this will help to determine if its a false or not and also allow people to know that the files you are releasing are not infected.

All you need to do is go to the following site - http://www.virustotal.com/

On the below screen, upload the .exe file, so click browse and then send file

1virus.JPG

This will then run the file through the virus protection servers and check for anything that might be attached to the .exe

2virus.JPG

Once that is done, you will then get the following screen. If you click on the link and post the link when releasing files, it will show that the file has been scanned and is safe to use.

3virus.JPG

Doing this will save any issues in future and show that the files can be trusted.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
I will sticky this but remember alot of private server files are warned of virus that are not virus usually backdoors for dll's used.

Thanks Mapa.

Emeralld

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 13, 2009
I will sticky this but remember alot of private server files are warned of virus that are not virus usually backdoors for dll's used.
I've found when using this, that the one's that are false positive tend not to shown or are only on a couple. Where as the ones with the virus, hit a good 60%/70% of the checks.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
also sometimes its the way some exes are packed

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
True, Seems if you pack files with Themida some antivirus suits think its got a virus.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
Also a thing to point out clients such as kings which use dll injection can also sometimes flag as a virus.

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
The 2009 dll PASSED infected...it was also recoreded from 2011, but rescaned. I CANNOT RELEASE anything ecause PE trojan is live on my xp3 install, with all kings 0238..

Most virus on 3.55 is listmake, and regserver, and prc not on machine.. thx for virus checker...d/ling AVast and malwarebytes. Maybe itll clean a Hard drive.. no WARNING in release.

99% of files I use dont end with a wipe of my hard drive, or disable AV, and make it go wacko. Clients in server files

Some1 elses Mirserver came back 0/54 kings dll was 1/60

Think XP sp3 is much more resilient than 64bit windows 7 it affects program on win7 but not on xp, but wont spread iso, zips, rar... Until system has no exe w,e cant rule anything out---not releasing anything on 1 terrybyte or unzipped...Don tthink it affects Wifi on netgear as they use their own encryption,and adds 20-30 megs downstream. Screw it gonna clean mud3 uploading king client I have ran already-- no PE

Last edited: