King IP Settings - Easy Way :)

smoochy boys on tour

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
www.sting3g.com/patches/IPUpdateKing.rar

Open, extract both files to your Mud3 Folder.
Run the IPUpdateKing File
Change the settings on the right (if you want it purely offline server put the External IP to 192.168.....

Select which files or SQL tables you want to update (I recommend leaving them all selected).

Press the Update Button.

These settings work for me, hope I haven't missed anywhere. BTW, you will also need to update your !Setup.txt (There is a button to load it up in this program).

Ta

screenie.JPG

P.S. This gotta be worth someone sending me a link to a fully working client :)

_

Last edited:
Reactions: Relentless

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Works now :)

You can change the ports the server is using so you can run 2 server's from 1 location. Just edit the settings.. :)

Just checked this using a port checker and it uses the correct external IP addresses. Also if you enter the "Server External IP" the same as the Server's internal, it will work fine from inside your network.

P.S.

Someone send me a link to a decent client :)

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
RATHER A LARGE ISSUE lol

Forgot to mention, if you edit anything else in those setup files this deletes the old files and makes a new one. Only use it if you are using fresh files and haven't personalised the settings already!

If you have only been editing IP's, server names, and Port's, this is fine to use.

/Mick

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Nice Mick :)

Problem though, when I try to update ips, it hangs and gives me an error, "Error Reading Data". What might cause this?
Problem solved said:
And probably related, my DBSvr doesn't want to connect to the DB...

Edit1: Hm, gone into ODBC settings (should have tried that before posting ha) and had a set of old ODBC settings from CD3.55, deleted and re-wrote the new ones with your program and they won't connect when testing, I just get

Code:
Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver Version 03.85.1132

Running connectivity tests...

Attempting connection
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

TESTS FAILED!
for any value of "which server do you want to connect to?" of (local), SQLEXRESS, SERVER, SERVER/SQLEXPRESS, or even 127.0.0.1. Doh.

Edit2: Ha, it needs a \ to work. Argh. SERVER\SQLEXPRESS worked fine, and DBSvr is now working fine.

However, the original problem is still there. o_O

dbsvrfail.png

I also have a problem with Armadillo not accepting the key, same error msg that comes up in twister's setup video... But that's for another thread.

Last edited:

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
This won't work unless you have setup your SQL properly. Omikk's download has a set of SQL 2000 db's (which I used) if that's any easier.

Patan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2005
when i first tryed it it worked fine,
now finally got a virtual mashine running xp =)
now it dont work always i get Error Reading Data if i try to update ips and servername :(

on vm and win 7 both same error Oo
was so nice program now need to change all manual ^^
any idea why ?

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Just checked and I don't have the code for this any more.. soz guys. If you want a hand in writing a new one I am more than willing to help.

I have already posted code for Text file manipulation and for SQL reading and writing so shouldn't be that hard for anyone who wants to get it done. :)

Vaeborg

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
links broken

---------- Post Merged at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:23 PM ----------

whos can reupload this links ? xd

---------- Post Merged on 30-07-2013 at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 29-07-2013 at 12:23 PM ----------

BUMB

---------- Post Merged on 30-07-2013 at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 29-07-2013 at 12:23 PM ----------

BUMB