MMORPGGEEK - Extreme Server [2.3] - OFFLINE

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007
IP address: 193.200.158.238
Servername: Extreme
Host Machine: Server 2003. Intel(R) Core 2x CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2.39GHz, 4GB of RAM
Internet stats: 20MB dedicated connection linked directly to an internet backbone. Server based in Maidenhead uk
Exp Rates: Custom EXP rates - Easy leveling to level 100 then progressively harder per level after.
Starting Level: 40
Starting Gold: 0
Direct Download Links: http://www.mmorpggeek.com/mirsoftwarefiles.exe
Forum Links: www.mmorpggeek.com/forum

The server has been online for over a year now (its about 13/14 months)

Its stable, We have a scheduled weekly reboot between 6:30pm-7:00pm every tuesday.

We benefit from having a dedicated Test server which has someone developing features daily, which doubles up as another server for users to mess around on, this server permentatly has 6 events running on it, and an enhanced exp rate (time 10 of the Extreme server exp) so its great for a quick fix of boss killing and give people a chance to check out maps and mobs they havent managed to get to on the live server.
We also benefit from having two other Live servers the first being Legends Reborn, this is run by Vampirella and has been online for about 4 months now - it replaced the old and tierd Low Rate server. This server has some great features and a brilliant stucture to it. Its been getting great feedback from die hard mir players. it has an average evening usercount of about 35-40
the 3rd server we offer at MMORPGGEEK is called Evolution, which is run by Cerberus, this server is relaunching this friday (1/10/10) and will offer many of the same features it used to offer whilst being run under the Mir Revenge banner plus many more additions which have been added since the down time.

The servers all benefit from have 3 experienced hosts all willing to share knowledge and work with each other to benefit the Mir community as a whole.

If you like PVP and a chance fight complete strangers for no appearnt reason then Extreme is for you, If you prefer a slightly quieter life but enjoy structured PVP such as last man standing and Wars then Legends Reborn is for you, If you would like to start a fresh server then Evolution server is for you with it going live on friday its a great time to start the server and race to be the best.

By downloading the file from the direct download link above you will get access to all 4 servers and there wont be any patches required (as of 30th Sept 2010) any additional files that are required to play in the future will be able to be downloaded via the Autopatch facility which comes with the full download.

I hope you enjoy which ever server you decide to please.

All the best from the team as a whole.

and a thank you from me for reading the thread.

Regards

Lone

P.S I/We now have no affiliation with Mir Revenge or Lapta in any way, his true nature was brought to light and ever since then we have gone our seperate ways and ever since then mmorpggeek has flurished. Please give the servers a try before branding us with the MR taint.
Hugs
Lone

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Re: MMORPGGEEK - Extreme Server

"If you like PVP and a chance fight complete strangers for no appearnt reason then Extreme is for you"

But dont pk one of lones family members or youl get banned.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

"If you like PVP and a chance fight complete strangers for no appearnt reason then Extreme is for you"

But dont pk one of lones family members or youl get banned.

yer thats true lol

dont think any1 wants to play a 14year old 2.3 server either

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England

id give it a try but ive logged on im level 40, have no cash no spells and im in a base dress and wooden sword .....

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010

Gave it a try, got bored of leveling to put kit on that sais "level 100 warr ring" "level 110 warr ring" etc" for almost every item.

Slow/PA is well OTT, its basically "ill hit you once and then you can walk around slowed for 3 minutes" makes PVP completely ****.

And most of the server is already at the Max Stat limit of 1000-1000 DC MC and SC.

Dunno why you'd advertise a year and a half in to a server that can't really progress anywhere.

It's ran by CareBears so if you swear once, or try to have a bit of banter, you get banned.

Not my cup of tea.

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009

nice server ad but not my sort of server id play gl tho even tho its a year old

h

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010

Why has the server not been advertised here for the year or so its been up?

Cant say I have tried it, but it's odd I haven't heard of it, was always thinking lomcn was more or less the hub for all mir servers (Meaning they at least have mention/links to individual sites)

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009

It's funny cause i've actually heard of MMORPGGEEK and i've been on that site before but i just don't remember where it's been advertised....

h

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004

Was a fun server for the first 6 months or so it was up, Lone didn't do too bad of a job of it, just needed to put a bit more time into it, naming items, getting skins etc.

To get new users you would probably need to whack the start level up to between 100-120 with most spells and kit for that level.

/Nymph

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007

lol at the haters. I'd like to clear up the issue chris is relating to - I went round to visit Penny ( I moved out about 7 months ago) Luigui my little brother was playing Evolution server. The host was in hospital, I was looking after things for 3/4 days, I was watching LUIGUIs screen, someone was giving him IRL abuse and i did a server side shout saying i was watching the abusers PMs, suddenly Chris (who was in the abusers guild) thinks im playing the LUIGUI character and suddenly im corrupt because he killed LUIGUI previously, which was actually a fabrication completely made up in his own mind (LUIGUI actually TTed). - so instead of going into the issue with you again chris (how many times have i tried to explain it to you now?? ) We dont ban people for pking my family or my friends, PKing is part of the game. we ban people for cheating, constant abuse, continually wasting staffs time, and if your a complete noob, I think the only one of those that you dont cover is the cheating - but then again i didnt ever check your character so its possible im sure.

@Ben, nice comment, good to see you still hold a grudge because you were banned from a forum because you couldnt keep your mouth from running in your fight with dave, As always i was true to my word, the first to start the arguement got a perm ban the one who replied got a week ban, If your so cut up about it why dont you go ask lapta the theif if you can have your account back..... and the people that dont want to play a stable 2.3 server would be the ones currently logged on to all the 2.3 server still online.... ;-) its about time i say... Good Fight.

the reason the server hasnt been advertised here for so long is because we take donations and it used to be in the rules that servers that take donations arent allowed to be advertised. :) Its nice to see the rules have been relaxed somewhat :)

As i mentioned in the advert if you dont fancy playing the server with Extreme levels/Stats dont play the one called Extreme, The clue is in the title ^.^

Legends Reborn is only a few months old so if you want a freshish start have a play there.

if you want a completely fresh start wait till tomorrow and have a go on Evolution :)

as for any other haters out there, please make sure any comments you have are actually factual rather than just an attempt to harm the gaming community,

If an admin cant see any value in the sniping comments please remove them and the relevant comments in this post too.

Hugs

Lone

Ooooh 1 last thing, to the comment about the servers being run by carebears, thats so untrue its not believeable, Extreme is the only server i know about that doesnt get Greif reports very often due to us having the policy of "If your on attack all and you go red its your own fault!" the moment we implemented that the greif problem vanished.

anyway i have things to do rather than continuing old and new hassles (i mean seriously ben you need to grow up if you still hold a grudge thats over 3 years old I mean come on there was nothing stopping you opening a new account on the FORUM! haha you noob)

haha 1 more thing to the guy who complained about the name of items..... Um the name is descriptive, having things like GoldenFlamingDragonSlayerHammer doesnt exactly tell you what class or level the item is for, where as the items on the server are fairly self explainatory - and tbh you should be going tfor the EX items as they are the best not the run of the mill standard items you get from noob bosses ;-)

Last edited:

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009

I was on about being banned from extreme not evo.The problem with the lugigi thing or w.e i have is what happend in game sparked a argument on fourms.
well after this argument what 5? ppl got banned of fourms for 1 week and i get ip banned lol :S + what i said was no where near as bad as what some of the others were saying.

i just think you and who ever else has control over things just bans whoever they like for whatever they like well most of the time dont even give reasons.

id like to play evo agen but i fear same thing will happen as it did on the new evo and thatl be the end.

anyways gl.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

whats the good fight all about lone exactly? im confused what your trying to get at? something about long stable server? 4heros has been up the same amount of time as ur server, yet has 70 users and urs has 18 accordin to ur siggy? where exactly is the good fight?

ne way im not gonna argue, and i dont hold a grudge or care about being banned on such a lame forum, never have lol.. i just dont really like you cause ur so far up ur own behind.

any there was nothing wrong with my comment, a lot of ppl even said the same thing..... pointless advertising a 14month old server, ppl are lookin for NEW fresh servers, not a server thats been up forever and alrdy at its limits.

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010

Lone isn't really the problem, it's that Vampirella who takes it all way to seriously.

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England

guess i get no reply loan? if ur wanting to advertise to new users u rly need to rethink what bonuses u cud give to new players, yh they get a lvl 40 char, but with no kit or spells except basedress and wooden sword + lvl 7 spell.... starting off from that unless someones nice enough to help you is really hard (few of my m8s tried and no1 would help them, i got lucky by someone knowing me)

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009

Would be nice to start with level 30-40 kit given to new players, that would presuade new players to stay playing instead of having to beg someone for money/items in town. Not that i play this server just taken from what andy has said.

h

Reactions: boothy

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND

Well, Evolution is now up.

However, the EXP rate is ****ed, HP is ****ed (555 at level 71) and not many caves to level in for your level, most people had to group to go somewhere with nice exp.

miriscool

LOMCN Leecher
Aug 28, 2010

i tried downloading the autopatcher but it said sumit like cannot connect to auto patcher files please try again later any1 know ht problem?

TaoQueen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2010

well gd to see u that u tryin to get it bk on track well the uc any how
id say extreme is got to be the most unbalance **** server out there
was ok till u bring in stats that are so high u cant make it fair for all classes
cause some main skills on some classes get ruled out as dnt work.....
ask me bout gms that go on they well
they go telll there mummy everytime u swear and u get a chat ban for it....
u try talk to the gms about ideas n that to help them improve they just blow u off at 1st chance they get
my advise tho in all honestly

if u love bein a warrior and want to own in erm say 2 week play extreme
if not DONT!

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading

why lone, why? you failed at running the lowrate 1 now you're trying this?

Status
Not open for further replies.