MMORPGGEEK - Extreme Server [2.3] - OFFLINE

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetrap2010

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2009
Re: MMORPGGEEK - Extreme Server

any idea if this server is any gud any1? i was thinkin of startin it like

msferna1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 17, 2009
Re: MMORPGGEEK - Extreme Server [2.3]

Personaly. if you want over rated stats, Mega Slow, Not allowed to Swear, Etc etc then tbh. this is your kind of server.

i played it for ages.

spoke to him about my account. then he later said "wrong Detials" when a few months back i gave him the same details and got the Account back staright away. so obv he's attempting to do something.

As TaoQueen Said - Warrior's are Over Powered, Taoist's don't have a hope in help chance, Wizzys just Fw Everywere. it's pathetic

And Posting a Advertisement 14month's down the line. your abit to late for your usercount to go up now mate.

GoodLuck With the Server.

My Thoughts - ****.

FireEYes

LOMCN Leecher
Dec 22, 2010

can you help me ok whn i have done runing it then i install it say missing file date/Hum and trying again but i dont kno the probs help

Lone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2007

couple of things.

I'm glad to see Ben still going on :) i do like our relationship, you seem to hold grudges for years after an issue was dealt with - Still its good to hear your still alive.

Mental Yup its the same one, and the reason i bailed on you was simply because you decided to start being dishonest about things and when i made the truth public you decided to cut me out, changing GMs password and then changing the forum account password, which is why i still log on to Ragezone via the account LoneNoob ;-)

and as you say, you warned me about lapta and it did take about 3 years for him to live up to your warning, and when he did steal from me and the players I did take servers i was able to and manage to keep them online whilst he ran the rest of MR into the ground and offline for a year.

So before you start implying things that arent true, please either drop the issue and get passed it or actually discuss why it is you constantly bring that back up (even though the original issue was something to do with you not honouring a gamegold donation, so Lapta recalled it - if it actually started differently to that please let me know, but tbh you had every right to not credit the GG and Lapta had every right to recall the payment if what he was expecting wasnt honoured, but holding a grudge because the arguement spawned Mir Revenge and you probably feel guilty for inflicting MR on the world :p (hehe i think i would be :-P MR is technically all Mentals fault! Consipiracy time!) isn't great.

anyway back to the last two posts, the download should be fixed ;-)

Oh and to Msferna1's mention of making the advert 14 months after the launch of the server, the only reason it didn't have an advert the day of its launch was because it was part of Mir Revenge, and LOMCN didnt like Lapta for reasons highlighted by Mental and then demonstrated by Lapta himself when he was on the forum - it took a while after leaving lapta that i decided to plead my case and finally got an advert listed.

Also in regards to recovering accounts, if you gave the correct details then you would of received your account back ;-)

btw, you do get items when you start at level 40 now :) and the servers been online for over 2 years now so those saying that i couldnt run a server just lol, so a small amount of research or just actually read thread your posting on would be beneficial :P

in regards to the balance of the server, we're looking at converting it over to a 2.6 file set which will (amoung other things) remove various limits that are currently restricting us, so there will be plenty of room for expansion and the ability to balance things at higher levels, we're expecting this to happen as soon as a set of files becomes available which looks like it will actually come through to a suitable stage of completion, it looks like it would be a fairly straight forward process with my experiements with the currently partially completed files, so hopefully soon we will have a whole new expansion which will bring in a breath of fresh life into the server.

so if you have tried it in the past and not enjoyed it, please have another try, if you just want to bad mouth the server again without actually trying it, thanks for reading the thread but its probably best not to reply because i don't know when i will return to this advert again, if you would like to contact me to discuss what ever issue it was that caused the bad blood you can PM me as Admin on our own forums.

All the best

Lone

Last edited:

Cursed

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 9, 2008
UK

cheers mate eny good server up atm bordem is starting to kick in ?

Dimebag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2011

Rise of pheonix is great. Furian aint to bad either but ive not tried any others. Four heroes ppl just ***** and moan and people have 5000dc and 1 hit everything so thats not worth a play.

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010

Rise of pheonix is great. Furian aint to bad either but ive not tried any others. Four heroes ppl just ***** and moan and people have 5000dc and 1 hit everything so thats not worth a play.

Rise Of Phoenix, logged on, 5 Users online, all same guild, sitting in SZ acting like fan boys.

Furian, typical drama from a rushed server, constantly up and down, loads of wipes, bugs, balance issues.

FourHeroes, Only stable server up atm, 80+ Users, should probs give that a try until there new server comes out "Three Heroes" which is likely to be hitting the 150+ mark.

Cursed

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 9, 2008
UK

whats the ip adress guys?x

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England

It's with a somewhat heavy heart that I need to say that MMORPGGeek mir servers will be going offline on the 8th of April 2011.

With many years of time and effort that have gone into the various servers we have hosted, time and life has finally gotten the better of us.

With Vamps recently health issues making it difficult for her to type anything without pain setting in and my new responsibilities at work we simply don't have the time to provide the servers we wish we could.

With the time issue being the main factor we have been unable to be online often enough to provide the support required in game and this has also had a detrimental effect on the servers.

I wont do a Jamie and say the server will be back at some point in the future and will be bigger and better because at this point in time although I would love to bring the servers back online we simply don't have enough time.

We will retain the files and I will be keeping an eye on the development of the 2.6 server files and possibly in the future we may host another server which uses the files, but currently with the various bugs that are in the files they don't seem to be stable enough to provide any sustainable income to keep the servers online in mine or Vamp's absence.

We will also keep the list of email addresses we have and if we do decide to launch a server some where down the line (minimum of a year break though!) we will contact people who would like to be kept in the loop.

In addition to the time constraints we have also been the victim of several attacks on the website, It appears to have at least once a day and seems to corrupt every file that has a .php or .html extention in the database, I have spent many hours trying to clean these files but with an attack happening everyday its hard to stay on top of it with 15,000 files affected. When that is added to the work that is already needed on the servers it simply becomes and impossible task to manage.

So I would like to say, a massive Thank you to all the people who have helped out over the years and another massive Thank you to anyone who has actually played the servers. the number of players that have played the servers runs into a few thousand, but there is always a core following of people who seemed to have stuck with Vamp and I through thick and thin and to these people i want to give great big hugs to aswell and massive thanks.

If you guys hadn't been there to give feedback and moral support the servers wouldn't of lasted as long as they have done

So THANK YOU!

Special Thanks has to go to

Bali/Petroni/Thai/Luigui/Pieface
GMThor
GMAdvisor
GMEvilNutJob
GMGoffy
Silencer
HardcoreHeaven
Fable
Mant
Myst
Rippers/Dotty
Esmee
Tig

and all the guys and gals at LOMCN.co.uk you've been massive help over the years and with the combined effort to get the next generation of Mir to the players i think you should receive thanks from everyone who plays not just myself.

I'm 100% sure i have missed people on the list. and to those people I apologise.

Theres also another bunch of people i would like to thank. These people are probably now called acquaintances rather than friends. I'm glad to say im on speaking terms with all of them (If not quite always civil :) )

So to top the list i have to say thank you to

Lapta - If you hadn't of recalled that first payment from Mental the Tangent which caused MMOPRGGEEK wouldn't of existed.
Mental - If you hadn't had the arguement with Lapta to cause the payment recall MMORPGGEEK Wouldn't exist :P
Ben (NoPK) - If you weren't around, modding MR wouldn't of been half so amusing (Honourable mention to Pob in the same not there :) )
All the people that had decided to randomly have a go at myself, Vamp or MMOPRGGEEK without doing any research first. Thank you, many of your posts have amused me over the years.

and lastly a Massive thank you to Vampirella, It took me quite some time to finally get her to play Mir, then a little longer to actually get her to help out hosting, In that time we have been married and are preparing for a long life together and without her I would of given up long ago.

So to everyone who has ever had anything to do with MMORPGGEEK or the servers in a direct or indirect way THANK YOU!

In Closing I just want to say Thank You to everyone really, Mir has been a fun (and frustrating) period of my life So Thank You One and All

Great Big Hugs

Lone
Admin
Stuart

P.S

If you have been enjoying these files, I would suggest you head over to www.LOMCN.co.uk who are the people currently developing the files and they have their own server currently online which can be found here

Status
Not open for further replies.