Rainbow Server Files [Dev]

smoochy boys on tour

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Id be happy to host a server of woool on my dedicated server. I need the files though. The client and patch links on the first post seem to be down.
Has anyone got a mirror?

PS: Looking for admins when I get the files and the server is up

Server not in a stable condition, i have updates am working on releasing soon.

Wont be using SQLite, they had problems with it so to be a little more secure you will now compile your DBs into one encrypted db which can't be access to stop anyone accessing it, even you can't get into it.

Also they changed launcher which sucks, need to upload txt. file to website, hate these launchers. but atleast here added English lanuage in so we don't get messed up images when we launch it which is big +, looks alright aswell, il get to translate the txt part of things because it may confuse people, also it has anti plugins to stop things, reason for the change.

gvnbvbn.jpg

Got some free time due to messing up my foot in football so il relax and work on these.

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
thanks and keep up the good work man
can't wait for a woool server to come out

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I gone about developing these files completly the wrong way, i been far too concered about the new stuff and adding it in so what am going to do this week is compltly clean files up and get a nice fresh base to work from, this means removing all the new stuff which i don't understand yet and building the files up from point A which is starting town PenIsland although i may change to Cape Village, both have starting quests which i will remove 1 set for the engine to run smoother.

I got everything ready and setup, done a little work already moving stuff out and fixing errors and hopfully should release a update at the end of the week. The launcher is Chinese and am not going to bother M-Light over a few Chinese bottons but am sure it will get done soon enough.

Delluseonist

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2004
Sanity could you please fix the links or provide a mirror? I would like to work on these files too and host my own server.

If not, could someone else provide links please? I will host them on my FTP site so everyone will be able to download them.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Past few days, may have a idea on were i am with the files.

Updated Server 0613
Compiled Databases
Accounts & Characters compiled into 1 encrypted database.
New Launcher 0613 working.

Map errors fixed.
Gamefeathers script errors fixed.
PenIsland Novice Quests removed.
Test Map removed.
Removed Princes Scripts

Merchant.txt missing npcs done.
Mongen custom mobs removed.

CapeVillage now starter town.
CapeVillage Novice quests working.

Drug production translated and fixed.
NoviceWizard translated.

NPCS Translated:
CenterSate 70%
PenIsland 95%
CapeVillage 95%
WaterBog 90%
WesternRegion 95%
Wilderness 95%
HorsePlain 95%

HiddenVillage - May remove this map.
ImmortalIsland - Mount land, not sure what am doing with this yet.
Purgatory - Not started.

TO DO LIST:
Novice Quests
Daily Quests
Extension Quests
Fix Spawns
Fix Skill names
Fix items sold in shops
Commands
Create script for mounts
Create script for TigerKing
Put original Hero Script back in
>>>>>

wayney

LOMCN Leecher
Jun 8, 2011
Past few days, may have a idea on were i am with the files.

Updated Server 0613
Compiled Databases
Accounts & Characters compiled into 1 encrypted database.
New Launcher 0613 working.

Map errors fixed.
Gamefeathers script errors fixed.
PenIsland Novice Quests removed.
Test Map removed.
Removed Princes Scripts

Merchant.txt missing npcs done.
Mongen custom mobs removed.

CapeVillage now starter town.
CapeVillage Novice quests working.

Drug production translated and fixed.
NoviceWizard translated.

NPCS Translated:
CenterSate 70%
PenIsland 95%
CapeVillage 95%
WaterBog 90%
WesternRegion 95%
Wilderness 95%
HorsePlain 95%

HiddenVillage - May remove this map.
ImmortalIsland - Mount land, not sure what am doing with this yet.
Purgatory - Not started.

TO DO LIST:
Novice Quests
Daily Quests
Extension Quests
Fix Spawns
Fix Skill names
Fix items sold in shops
Commands
Create script for mounts
Create script for TigerKing
Put original Hero Script back in
>>>>>
Im impressed. Will you be releasing this updated version soon?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Im impressed. Will you be releasing this updated version soon?

I said the end of the week am just going to do as much as i can with the time i have and il try and get some of the words in engine translated if i get hold of m-light, but i don't really see him til weekends, Xsnows has just sent me a client update aswell, Shanda have added stuff to map which my npcs are behind so i need to re place some like this.
92363605.jpg

Also had a play around with the woool.dat and i learned quite abit about hexing over the past months and worked out a way of adding extra bytes to strings, this dosn't work for every string but stat wise it should be ok.
31553328.jpg

Someone also reported a bug about the quest you recieve when you join, i found it out and i will be fixing that also.

Delluseonist

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2004
Looking good sanity. Impressive work. Thanks for the link. Do I need the patch? That link is down also on first post.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Looking good sanity. Impressive work. Thanks for the link. Do I need the patch? That link is down also on first post.

Sorry i not got another client link, thats from Sdo so it will be slow, there is 1 patch but i can't download it myself, going to try again now to see if it works, if it does i will upload it.

Edit: I ment Chinese patch, there is no English patch, what i shown above was quickly done, with the update all that will be reset to Chinese.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Sneak preview on what am working on, that because i just picked this up it may take a little while to finish so if i don't release update on time it's because of this.
20110617015410.jpg

afasf.jpg

New Skills are not general skills they are..
Combat Riding Skills
Hero Master Skills
And i think Hero > Player combo skills but am not sure on that. I can't script this myself, i not got a clue what the commands are so am just waiting for m-light to shine some light on this then once i know the commands il start writting the script, also these have a cool down on them, see the numbers in skill bar on a skill.

Done pretty much all the general npcs now, re named the skills to DSM skill names so your familiar with them, tested all wizard skills and working perfectly with a delay this time, edited all shops so they sell the correct items.

I will show more screens of the new skills once i have them fully working.

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
i reli like the look of this game would be good 2 c some fresh new starting servers of this i would deffo take a day or 2 off mir 2 to play this :)

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
I seen some pictures of Woool the other day big staircase thing goes on 1 of them outside walls like bichon has, people walking on there or something, you seen these?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I seen some pictures of Woool the other day big staircase thing goes on 1 of them outside walls like bichon has, people walking on there or something, you seen these?

Am not sure tbh, if you see it again post it here, only big staircase i can think of is the new sabuk one, which has now replaced the old Horseplains, but far from complete.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
[video=youtube;fT8A5tTIA28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT8A5tTIA28[/video]

Took a while but pretty much done now, it will have a big water maze after each each layer, layers which are seen on video will have 1 boss on each which you will need to kill to get the key to progres to the next floor until the end boss. It's not like this but best way i could think off.

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Looks good, will post some pictures tomorrow of that staircase thing im talking about mate.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
This video contains copyright from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
This video contains copyright from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorted.

Have new combo skills working now along with Hero Soaring.
This was the first time doing this and never knew if it would work but it did, you need full SP on you and hero to be able to do this, SP goes up when you get hit by mobs.
[video=youtube;VQNLSGjGy4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQNLSGjGy4c[/video]​

Working on adding the rest in now then il move onto the Riding skills.