Weight Training - which protein shake.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
Just started myself a few weeks ago and currently feeling great, found 2kg whey for 20quid and the extra shopping costs around 25quid too. Not that much really.

I'm eating around 3000kcal, 250g protein, 250g carbs and about 70g fat per day - Training for 4 days a week, Moderate Cardio for 2 days and 1 day of rest. I constantly do my abs though to get rid of my lager belly.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Ab exercises strengthen and slightly grow your ab muscles. You cannot target fat loss. If you lose fat it is lost throughout your body (where and how much determined by your genetics).

I always get a laugh at people doing crunches to "loose belly fat". When I explain that all they are doing is making it bigger they look at me like I am a retard. An old saying is that a 6pac is not made in the gym but in the kitchen.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Nice Specs..... Armani???

On topic. Im hench........

NAWT!

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
lol. All this stuff makes me laugh. If you're gonna post buff pics then I'll take it back, otherwise, it's a waste imo.

How is the information given a waste because it hasn't been "validated" with pictures? I've seen a trainer who couldn't lift for **** who knew more about strength and conditioning then most "guru's" with a master's in kinesiology would know.

Tai said:
No buffs pics? Thought so

Don't hate.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
Ab exercises strengthen and slightly grow your ab muscles. You cannot target fat loss. If you lose fat it is lost throughout your body (where and how much determined by your genetics).

I guess that makes sense.

I've been thinking over doing a bit more cardio but don't want to over do it. The only fatty part of my body is my stomach and its not really that bad, just trying to lose the layer of fat over the top of my abs!

I mean is 50mins of moderate cardio a week enough for losing that slight bit of fat?

Last edited:

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
I guess that makes sense.

I've been thinking over doing a bit more cardio but don't want to over do it. The only fatty part of my body is my stomach and its not really that bad, just trying to lose the layer of fat over the top of my abs!

I mean is 50mins of moderate cardio a week enough for losing that slight bit of fat?

Forget cardio. Assuming you are in good enough shape to do them, 2-3 sessions of sprints a week will burn far more fat (think 10 sprints, 1 minute rest in between sprints, 40 yards each, rest 15 minutes, repeat once) or tabata or interval training.

Remember though these are high intensity workouts that WILL fatigue the central nervous system if done correctly. You need to treat them like a leg workout, this is definitely not something you add at the end of a workout (except for tabata).

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
Forget cardio. Assuming you are in good enough shape to do them, 2-3 sessions of sprints a week will burn far more fat (think 10 sprints, 1 minute rest in between sprints, 40 yards each, rest 15 minutes, repeat once) or tabata or interval training.

Remember though these are high intensity workouts that WILL fatigue the central nervous system if done correctly. You need to treat them like a leg workout, this is definitely not something you add at the end of a workout (except for tabata).

I'll give that a try thanks, I'll just replace my cardio days with that (Wednesday and Saturday).