New Downloads page

smoochy boys on tour

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
We have installed a Downloads page so that we can have all important Mir-related downloads in one centralized location. This is a much easier and better way for people to find files (especially newcomers), rather than having to search through the thousands of threads that we have here on the forum.

To access it, click the Downloads tab at the top of the forum. Everyone is permitted to add files to the database, it is a very easy and self-explanatory system.

However, LOMCN does not host files directly therefore you are only able to use EXTERNAL links for your downloads (i.e. you would need to upload them to Megaupload or another hosting site first).

The categories should also be self-explanatory on where you should upload your files to. (Armour.wil's go in Data, for example)
If anybody has suggestions on catergories they would like to see in the download area then let me know.

All files are put into a que and must be approved by a moderator before they will appear. (Staff and VIP are excluded)
Anyone found to be abusing the system will be temp-banned and have their upload privilege removed.

Now, we have a whole load of files dotted about the forum which are often quite hard to find, and thus we need to get it all moved over on to the downloads database. That's where you guys come in. Browse through the forum, check out any good releases...copy the download link and add it to the database. Simple!

Of course, the top contributers will be kept in mind for our new future 'LOMCN Awards' (details to come soon), so get working! :)

Uploading Rules:

• Global Forum Rules apply
  • This system is for MMORPG development purposes only
  • Do not upload anything that could be considered harmful, malicious or against the rules
  • Uploaded files must use external links only!
  • The 'Author' should be the name of the person who originally made or released the file
  • Name your file appropriately!
  • Use these files at your own risk!

Other News

You can now tag people in your posts and threads. Simply type @Tai (or any username) FEATURE REMOVED

This is really useful for example if you want a particular person(s) to view a particular post or thread, because they will get a notification about it. It's also an easy way to link to someone's profile.

Last edited:

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
I thought this was removed before so no broken copyright could be linked back to lomcn, is why stuff has always been hosted elsewhere such as files / clients.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
nice update , good work finally seeing some good changes around here

only thing is i feel as if lomcn is too private and should go more public.. instead of having a login page or forcing guests to register before seeing the forums, you should allow the forum to be accessable by anyone just make threads non-viewable unless registered. this could attract more members and see what lomcn is all about.. also be good for search engines.. just an idea.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I thought this was removed before so no broken copyright could be linked back to lomcn, is why stuff has always been hosted elsewhere such as files / clients.

As Mask said, (and as I said ¬_¬) nothing has changed on that front, LOMCN hosts no files.

nice update , good work finally seeing some good changes around here

only thing is i feel as if lomcn is too private and should go more public.. instead of having a login page or forcing guests to register before seeing the forums, you should allow the forum to be accessable by anyone just make threads non-viewable unless registered. this could attract more members and see what lomcn is all about.. also be good for search engines.. just an idea.

Admins are gonna have a discussion on this soon, as soon as we're all available at the same time(!)

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
hasnt this been tired afew on here?

Not really, it's just one place to put the current download links. In the past i think it was azura that tried hosting them on 2 occasions.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
bump, surprised more people aren't using this, maybe because its got buried and people dont pay attention to the bars? i dont know.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
lol 0 files, and there was people applying for the mir3 advisor. Wonder why no1 got it -_+

Who the hell tagged all the people in this thread? or has it malfunctioned?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Don't like the Download feature tbh. Also imo the best Mir3 set of files are the C3 ones in development because those can be fixed, the others like Kings,3G are buggy and can't be fixed so is there any point adding them?
May as well just wait until C3 gets a stable release.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Because Mask is an attention seeker.

Sanity, sorry but that's the dumbest thing I've read about mir3 and you obviously haven't understood the downloads feature.

/badmood

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Because Mask is an attention seeker.

Sanity, sorry but that's the dumbest thing I've read about mir3 and you obviously haven't understood the downloads feature.

/badmood

Explain? The files are bugged it's a simple as that, people don't even bother playing Mir3 because of those bugs so why add them? The C3 files are coming along nicely and pretty sure soon enough there will be a stable release.

I understand the Download feature very well, it's been done before and it was barely used and it was removed, whats different?.

p.s
Hope Mask was not banned for the tagging as well, no rules against tagging as far as i can see.

Last edited: