New Downloads page

smoochy boys on tour

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Explain? The files are bugged it's a simple as that, people don't even bother playing Mir3 because of those bugs so why add them? The C3 files are coming along nicely and pretty sure soon enough there will be a stable release.

I understand the Download feature very well, it's been done before and it was barely used and it was removed, whats different?.

p.s
Hope Mask was not banned for the tagging as well, no rules against tagging as far as i can see.

It has been done before but differently. The files were hosted by Azura, and it was used, but relying on one persons own hosting is not reliable, therefore when he dropped his host, it was removed. This time it uses external links only and to be honest with you I thought the advantages of it were obvious. Example, any new member coming here looking for files, is it easier to search and trawl through thousands of threads or look in one single designated area? Seems like an easy one to me.

3G and Kings files are all we've had for years Sanity, it's what every body uses. People don't not use them much now just because of the bugs in them, they don't use them because they're old and out dated. Saying that we shouldn't even link to them because of this is just silly tbh, fact is they're still in a better state than c3 files and we haven't seen an update on those in a while now?

There's no rules on the tagging system because I foolishly assumed that we were all mature enough to know the difference between right and wrong and not abuse it. As I said, foolish. So now I need to make rules for them... it's a little shameful.

Mask is only on a 24hr urban cooldown.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
It has been done before but differently. The files were hosted by Azura, and it was used, but relying on one persons own hosting is not reliable, therefore when he dropped his host, it was removed. This time it uses external links only and to be honest with you I thought the advantages of it were obvious. Example, any new member coming here looking for files, is it easier to search and trawl through thousands of threads or look in one single designated area? Seems like an easy one to me.

3G and Kings files are all we've had for years Sanity, it's what every body uses. People don't not use them much now just because of the bugs in them, they don't use them because they're old and out dated. Saying that we shouldn't even link to them because of this is just silly tbh, fact is they're still in a better state than c3 files and we haven't seen an update on those in a while now?

There's no rules on the tagging system because I foolishly assumed that we were all mature enough to know the difference between right and wrong and not abuse it. As I said, foolish. So now I need to make rules for them... it's a little shameful.

Mask is only on a 24hr urban cooldown.

Mask had to bump this topic just to get it noticed again, first signs...

Maybe talking about Mir3 files being added might be a good idea to actually get that section cleaned up? I know you posted looking for a Mir3 Mod was it? but in the mean time surly one of the Smods,Admins could of sorted it out? I mean Mapa stickies are still there and am not surprised no one has bothered adding the stuff to the new download feature when half the links are broken, files are all over the place.

There no rules for the tagging feature which means you can do what the hell you like with it, this is your (other admins) fault, every feature that gets added should have rules, silly or not.
Maybe just say what is the max amount of users you can tag per post.

Am not going on about this, it's just my opinion.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
The mir3 section is a mess, but it's not down to me to do everything. Other staff won't do it, we don't have any MIR3 staff, no1 (reg members) offers to do anything.

No point telling me stuff I already know Sanity but I aint doing everything.

The mir3 community is a shambles anyway imo, not enough English speakers, and look at the amount of people who have showed interest in the c3 source. Minimal.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
The mir3 section is a mess, but it's not down to me to do everything. Other staff won't do it, we don't have any MIR3 staff, no1 (reg members) offers to do anything.

The mir3 community is a shambles anyway imo, not enough English speakers, and look at the amount of people who have showed interest in the c3 source. Minimal.

I would offer but I don't get involved with the Mir 3 Section so much, I only post my own thing on there, so I wouldn't be much help. I'm sure interest will pick up in mir3 when either mine or the C3 Source once things are stable and running smoothly.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

I was not aiming that at just you, it was a Smods and Admins who have the power to sort it out. All that needs doing is getting the files released stickied, fix a few links and remove a few stickies and bobs your uncle.

Am sure the C3 source is still being worked on, just no updates for a while, it's not like the Heroes source which is pretty stable and can be used now to run servers so people are using them but the C3 isn't yet stable but when it is i can see that section doing pretty well tbh.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Ugh who is this mask guy rfggdefjking tagging me in 2pointless threads, omg my eyes hurt!

otter66

LOMCN Leecher
Mar 12, 2015
Being new here, after registering, I clicked the downloads at the top of the page. Thought I would start grabbing the Mir2 files, then browse the forum. When I got to the Ruby Dbs lastest and clicked the download link, it took me to a page where I saw it was waiting for some link for megaupload. "Server not found" it said. (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WN1CQ3V6) So, I guess I can't get the Mir2 files. The game is available here, right?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Being new here, after registering, I clicked the downloads at the top of the page. Thought I would start grabbing the Mir2 files, then browse the forum. When I got to the Ruby Dbs lastest and clicked the download link, it took me to a page where I saw it was waiting for some link for megaupload. "Server not found" it said. (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WN1CQ3V6) So, I guess I can't get the Mir2 files. The game is available here, right?

Hi

Unfortunately our Downloads page is somewhat outdated.

Browsing the forums is probably the best way to get up to date files.

mahdihassan

LOMCN Leecher
Sep 5, 2014
i got problem with downloading rest of files of the game
its file 790
data/cobham.wzl
just keep going until the end and get stuck how can i fix it so the download would continue

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
Thats not NEW....Only now its Public to the Community--- Link is moved is all... We had Kaori, last try at uploads to something new, Me and Zordon uploaded files, then Errors out the.... That site was never fixed, even tho many complained and was Ignored..

Not giving credit to anyone that Uploaded Kings zip with PE trojan, and I am cleaning and rebuilding..

I am not lazy at all.. I use Panda Internet Securrity 2016 its much better than Kaspersky, Tendmicro/Antivirus.com. If you know a Upload is INFECTED will yas Take it DOWN?
My Links have WOrked sice 2012 :)

Now I will check to see if mirfiles and all that is available to Download from this Download link

No Credit to Coly since 2012 as a top contributor !?

Tyvm Coly, I also Mirror that in 2 uploads,and zordon proly Idabiga also

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Thats not NEW....Only now its Public to the Community--- Link is moved is all... We had Kaori, last try at uploads to something new, Me and Zordon uploaded files, then Errors out the.... That site was never fixed, even tho many complained and was Ignored..

Not giving credit to anyone that Uploaded Kings zip with PE trojan, and I am cleaning and rebuilding..

I am not lazy at all.. I use Panda Internet Securrity 2016 its much better than Kaspersky, Tendmicro/Antivirus.com. If you know a Upload is INFECTED will yas Take it DOWN?
My Links have WOrked sice 2012 :)

Now I will check to see if mirfiles and all that is available to Download from this Download link

No Credit to Coly since 2012 as a top contributor !?

Tyvm Coly, I also Mirror that in 2 uploads,and zordon proly Idabiga also

What are you talking about?

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I read that whole first post and then realised the next post was 2011... atleast now i know how to mention

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
lol the tag system was removed ages ago...as it interfered with all the npc scripts on the forum XD

it was @username

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
d6f.jpg