smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
Is ther an alt download link.. i am only getting speed of 340kb/s upload to a usa/canada network ?

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I got connection interrupted at 78% and than it started at 0% again ffs.

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
Yeah it needs increasing, reason people stop playing dsm was because it was too slow, am at level 13 and i get 1% after killing 3 mobs in East Cave which takes a good 4-5 fireballs to kill one. If you want the contents to be tested it needs to be a little highier, other wise it will take a good week to get to level 20.

DSM was 12-14x.

I disagree, people stopped playing DSM because of many other things aswell. I suppose you guys do have a point though,: but keep in mind that there's a limited amount of content and giving players extremely fast access to high levels would ruin everything. However, I will talk this over with the team, and figure out how far we can adjust the EXP rate up without unbalancing things extremely.

We're open to suggestions, but we don't see this getting to DSM levels (12-14x) It's our plan to add more and more low level content in the near future anyway. The way we see it, the amount of fun to be had does not automatically equal which level you are. In the end, it's all relative: it just reflects how much time you've put into the game. But as I said, we're open to suggestions, so please feel free to let us know your ideas on the matter.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I disagree, people stopped playing DSM because of many other things aswell. I suppose you guys do have a point though,: but keep in mind that there's a limited amount of content and giving players extremely fast access to high levels would ruin everything. However, I will talk this over with the team, and figure out how far we can adjust the EXP rate up without unbalancing things extremely.

We're open to suggestions, but we don't see this getting to DSM levels (12-14x) It's our plan to add more and more low level content in the near future anyway. The way we see it, the amount of fun to be had does not automatically equal which level you are. In the end, it's all relative: it just reflects how much time you've put into the game. But as I said, we're open to suggestions, so please feel free to let us know your ideas on the matter.

DSM fixed pretty much everything possible, Micks release files were years old, this is maybe why your thinking that they were bugged alot. It's was purely the rate of the server so Mick did increase it but too many people left before it happend.

Major bugs cannot be fixed, Taos last attack skill is bugged, alot of people left because of this. After level 44 on DSM it got extremely hard to level and the only decent leveling place was Ashura and that got nerfed and that is also another reason.

Unless you have the source you can't fix these problems, this is why i have never tried to put up a 1.8 server.

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
DSM fixed pretty much everything possible, Micks release files were years old, this is maybe why your thinking that they were bugged alot. It's was purely the rate of the server so Mick did increase it but too many people left before it happend.

Major bugs cannot be fixed, Taos last attack skill is bugged, alot of people left because of this. After level 44 on DSM it got extremely hard to level and the only decent leveling place was Ashura and that got nerfed and that is also another reason.

Unless you have the source you can't fix these problems, this is why i have never tried to put up a 1.8 server.

We have the source. For the last two months we've not only been fixing bugs left and right but also been adding features, scripting functionality, and so forth. I agree with you that the original rainbow files are garbage, but it doesn't really matter to us, just gave us a base to work with.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
We have the source. For the last two months we've not only been fixing bugs left and right but also been adding features, scripting functionality, and so forth. I agree with you that the original rainbow files are garbage, but it doesn't really matter to us, just gave us a base to work with.

Eh Rainbow? Rainbow is the latests version, your running 1.8 which was the very first Beta version and god knows how you managed to get the 1.8 source as i have never seen it or even heard of it but good if you have it then these bugs can be fixed and maybe put some life into this game once and for all, even though it is 1.8 it's still a decent version if worked on.

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
Changelog:
Bichon mob spawns have been greatly increased. This makes the area somewhat more dangerous but also makes levelling easier for low levels.
XP factor has been increased. We are currently considering increasing it more but we will have to test various settings and see how they affect the levelling curve.
eShock has been modified
Skill exp. gain rate tweaked for some lower level skills
Some NPC's had issues that have been resolved
Obsolete testing scripts removed
And some other minor changes.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Changelog:
XP factor has been increased. We are currently considering increasing it more but we will have to test various settings and see how they affect the levelling curve.

What did you increase it by? think am getting like 10exp more lol, suppose it's better then nothing.

Much better when you not got 2 fools messing around sucking up all the exp -.-.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
What did you increase it by? think am getting like 10exp more lol, suppose it's better then nothing.

Much better when you not got 2 fools messing around sucking up all the exp -.-.

Cheeky sod! I wasn't sucking up the exp, more the gold it dropped.. >.>

/Czeldabolg

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
eShock is buged. It's the taming skill so not sure why it says "Stuns" in the description. Tested it on Rabbits and nothing happens.

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
Your forums site isnt sending an activation link after hours n hours even after trying to resend

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Also a big bug with items ingame.

I found a Trident MC2-2 (+1-0) and when i died and it doesnt revive u, so i have to X out and come back and my trident is off and in my bag with MC 1-2 and im wearing my old weapon and necklace when i was lower lvl like 11 or 12.
I think some database is broken

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Well after playing for most the evening I got to 15 on a wizard, i grouped at level 13 - 15. Now to be honest it doesn't seem like grouping gives much of a benefit to be honest, we were 2 wizards and at level 15 we only had one useful skill - fireball.

The mines, the first floor is fine but why level 30 books are dropping or 33 I have no idea on, are we supposed to stay here til level 33 / 30? I hope not. Level 2, Skeletons 100 more exp in a group about 50 more fireballs to kill that seems really wrong. The ranged zombies also give the same as normal zombies yet they do much more?

The exp rate was touched upon while you say you raised it i honestly don't see the change in the slightest, it feels like we're leveling at the same slow rate. Over 1 hr for 15-16 and that's not including how many times you have to back and grab mana pots either.

As 2 wizards we tried killing constructs, it went okay bar the fact if you get hit by one you lose half your health, but the drops were minimalistic, tried serpant cave, we couldn't hurt a red snake but i'm guessing we were too low. But honestly this feels more of a solo server than one where you should work together.

And that in itself is disappointing, I honestly think the exp rates need looking at properly and testing properly as it stands i can say you won't get many people playing. I understand you don't want content wasted but in one of the screenshots you're 98 yourself (not sure if just showing mobs or not), if that level is intended than at this rate it would take over 2-3 months to gain it if not more. Which you really won't find most do.

All in all the GM's are friendly and trying there best but please look into the areas mentioned here as they are concerning.

/Czeldabolg

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
i noticed every time i die and have to log to char selec and back, every item i put on my character and didnt log out before dying (to save DB), the items on my char would be lost and the old items i switched with would be back on the character :(

major bug plz

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
I will have the database looked at today.

Czeldabolg, we increased the exp. factor from x2 to x3 for now. I don't know how to respond to this atm, if I understand correctly you guys just want rates in 12-18x range, no matter what we say. As I said, we'll look at how further increases affects the levelling curve but don't expect anything huge. Levelling speed is always going to stagnate eventually.

Last edited:

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
Your forums site isnt sending an activation link after hours n hours even after trying to resend

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Also a big bug with items ingame.

I found a Trident MC2-2 (+1-0) and when i died and it doesnt revive u, so i have to X out and come back and my trident is off and in my bag with MC 1-2 and im wearing my old weapon and necklace when i was lower lvl like 11 or 12.
I think some database is broken

oddly enough, I made it to lv 20 and got a hooked spear, than i died and lost the hooked spear due to bug and the MC2-2 trident appeared on my hands ....

So i took the trident off put it in bag than relogged... Spear was back in my hands and the trident is in my bag :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.