smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
I will have the database looked at today.

Czeldabolg, we increased the exp. factor from x2 to x3 for now. I don't know how to respond to this atm, if I understand correctly you guys just want rates in 12-18x range, no matter what we say. As I said, we'll look at how further increases affects the levelling curve but don't expect anything huge. Levelling speed is always going to stagnate eventually.

To help explain i don't mind grinding from say.. 18-20 onwards but currently you start the grind at level 11, and to be fair grinding with 1 spell really isn't fun for any class, tao's don't even get a damage spell til 15-18 and that's what's going to put people off, people really don't want to sit for 3-4 hours using either fireball or base attack, they want choice.

I don't advise a global exp rate increase but i do expect it to be somewhat easier for lower levels to get into this game to be fair. Because as it stands grouping currently feels like a punishment, the tao's can't do much low level bar heal and a wiz can fireball, tao base attack isn't that great either it barely scratches.

I hope that helped put it into perspective more.

/Czeldabolg

Last edited:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Any chance making the poison's buy-able I can't see people making a poison bag every time they need a new one. (never mind, you can buy it in Gobi desert)

Also there's a few items in shops (I don't think they should be there) in gobi desert for 0 gold, you can't buy them though so it's nothing major

I think HellFire maybe abit bugged so if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
1.8 was woool Beta version so these files will be pretty basic, nothing really fancy and pretty bugged. When you die you have to relog, but it will be simple just to make a function so you can revive yourself when you die, done this with the c3 files.

Also leveling is slow up to HighTower (Most likely renamed) then leveling gets alot quicker with wizard skills and certain spots to lure (group with wizards).

If you want my advice i would do what DSM did and have starter pets up to level 30, this would really help all classes get past the boring parts, but they would still need to visit each leveling area so your not skipping any contents.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I think leveling is ok solo I'm making 1% per kill but once your in a group it sucks bad so maybe that can be changed abit.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Learned hail thinking i'd be able to learn tbolt aswell but apparently you can only have one or the other, are we able to unlearn this somewhere?

I think tai made the same mistake on his tao with curse / poison so if possible can this be changed?

Thanks
/Czeldabolg

Oh with one of the quests where you need to get gold ore / ape skull you don't get the pickaxe given to you either.

SacredPhoenix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 20, 2008
Spain
If you want my advice i would do what DSM did and have starter pets up to level 30, this would really help all classes get past the boring parts, but they would still need to visit each leveling area so your not skipping any contents.
Totally agree with Sanity, really a good idea to have some pets to help you level till 30 if untill then it's boring.^^

Amotea

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
Hi guys, I'm also on the Fragrant Hills team, thanks for all the feedback it's really useful, I'll try to respond to all of you it in this post :).

Your forums site isnt sending an activation link after hours n hours even after trying to resend
Hmm seems to work for some, but not for others... Maybe they end up in your spam folder? I've activated all non-activated accounts for now, and we'll have a look at why it doesn't work.

eShock is buged. It's the taming skill so not sure why it says "Stuns" in the description. Tested it on Rabbits and nothing happens.
That's the way it has always worked, it can sometimes stun enemies and there's a chance to tame them (taming is its main use I agree). I've reworked it yesterday and it should work, maybe the success chances are a bit off but I think they're quite reasonable.

Well after playing for most the evening I got to 15 on a wizard, i grouped at level 13 - 15. Now to be honest it doesn't seem like grouping gives much of a benefit to be honest, we were 2 wizards and at level 15 we only had one useful skill - fireball.

The mines, the first floor is fine but why level 30 books are dropping or 33 I have no idea on, are we supposed to stay here til level 33 / 30? I hope not. Level 2, Skeletons 100 more exp in a group about 50 more fireballs to kill that seems really wrong. The ranged zombies also give the same as normal zombies yet they do much more?

The exp rate was touched upon while you say you raised it i honestly don't see the change in the slightest, it feels like we're leveling at the same slow rate. Over 1 hr for 15-16 and that's not including how many times you have to back and grab mana pots either.

As 2 wizards we tried killing constructs, it went okay bar the fact if you get hit by one you lose half your health, but the drops were minimalistic, tried serpant cave, we couldn't hurt a red snake but i'm guessing we were too low. But honestly this feels more of a solo server than one where you should work together.

And that in itself is disappointing, I honestly think the exp rates need looking at properly and testing properly as it stands i can say you won't get many people playing. I understand you don't want content wasted but in one of the screenshots you're 98 yourself (not sure if just showing mobs or not), if that level is intended than at this rate it would take over 2-3 months to gain it if not more. Which you really won't find most do.
/Czeldabolg
This is really useful information as we haven't really had the time to play through the game ourselves. But don't worry, these things are all easy to adjust and we'll probably get it right in a few tweaks. Of course we need to take a lot of things into consideration when balancing so it might take a few days.

Grouping is something that's definitely important to us, so that will be a high priority balance fix. Could you elaborate a bit on what's wrong with it? Is the XP too low? I do agree that there should be some benefit to grouping, although from what I remember the synergy from combining multiple classes was the main benefit (maybe this doesn't really show at low levels though).

To help explain i don't mind grinding from say.. 18-20 onwards but currently you start the grind at level 11, and to be fair grinding with 1 spell really isn't fun for any class, tao's don't even get a damage spell til 15-18 and that's what's going to put people off, people really don't want to sit for 3-4 hours using either fireball or base attack, they want choice.

I don't advise a global exp rate increase but i do expect it to be somewhat easier for lower levels to get into this game to be fair. Because as it stands grouping currently feels like a punishment, the tao's can't do much low level bar heal and a wiz can fireball, tao base attack isn't that great either it barely scratches.
/Czeldabolg
You're probably right that this isn't acceptable anymore in this day and age :), myself I'm in favor of somewhat speeding up the early game, but we'll have to discuss it in the team.

Any chance making the poison's buy-able I can't see people making a poison bag every time they need a new one. (never mind, you can buy it in Gobi desert)

Also there's a few items in shops (I don't think they should be there) in gobi desert for 0 gold, you can't buy them though so it's nothing major

I think HellFire maybe abit bugged so if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it
Hmm about the poison: probably just an oversight on our part, will probably be fixed later today (afaik it should be available in more towns). Will also have a look at HellFire.

I think leveling is ok solo I'm making 1% per kill but once your in a group it sucks bad so maybe that can be changed abit.
Will definitely have a look at the whole grouping thing, it's really important to the PvE aspect of the game :).

I guess that's it for now, don't hesitate to post when you think something in the game is wrong or a bit odd, there are probably some things we have overlooked (there's more to it than you might think).

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
Learned hail thinking i'd be able to learn tbolt aswell but apparently you can only have one or the other, are we able to unlearn this somewhere?

I think tai made the same mistake on his tao with curse / poison so if possible can this be changed?

Thanks
/Czeldabolg

Oh with one of the quests where you need to get gold ore / ape skull you don't get the pickaxe given to you either.

Some skills are indeed exclusive; we had assumed the skilltree reflects this but now that I'm thinking about it I can understand that it's unclear. I will see if an option to remove skills can be added to bookstore NPC's. I know the functionality is there, but I have to test how it affects the game (in terms of possibly breaking the skilltree, or unwanted exploits that allow you to train multiple exclusives). Don't worry though, if this doesn't get implemented, we will remove your unwanted skills manually, same goes for anyone else affected.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Taming skill works, little random % of taming a mob though, i tamed a Maggot quicker then i could tame a rabbit.

May i ask why Teleports have been removed from veteran? I guess it's too explore and test more things but those town teleports are in sdo woool if thats what your trying to base this server on?. Got a level 37 on it so i understand what is in woool and whats custom.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
With grouping the experience is too low that's the main flaw of it, it's halving your experience gain for not much in return to be honest, you'd be better solo on early levels and that's the main problem with the grouping system currently.

However at higher levels it may be different at higher levels, but it's hard to get to that point aswell, with the manual skill thing is may be wise to drop a warning about it when using certain books, for example tbolt and hail are the early example, same as poison and curse, just change the message to display "WARNING! learning this skill will make you unable to learn X skill" it will help people majorly instead of the whole adding a new npc function thing.

/Czeldabolg

Last edited:

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
With grouping the experience is too low that's the main flaw of it, it's halving your experience gain for not much in return to be honest, you'd be better solo on early levels and that's the main problem with the grouping system currently.

However at higher levels it may be different at higher levels, but it's hard to get to that point aswell, with the manual skill thing is may be wise to drop a warning about it when using certain books, for example tbolt and hail are the early example, same as poison and curse, just change the message to display "WARNING! learning this skill will make you unable to learn X skill" it will help people majorly instead of the whole adding a new npc function thing.

/Czeldabolg

A clear warning is certainly missing, but even then, an option to get rid of skills you don't like surely has its advantages.

Cleared your skill by the way, please pm me ingame if anything went wrong (frog).

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I found poison in Bichon so don't know what Exwizz is on about :p but it's 5k for a small bag (50 shots) bit pricey I think.

My issue with the skilltree is that I've never played woool before (and I dont think most of us have either) so how are we to know what skills we want the most without being able to try them? I was quite looking forward to Curse as I'm lvling with a wiz but I can't imagine going without poison either. Also poison lasts about 2secs at lvl 0 not sure if that is normal.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I found poison in Bichon so don't know what Exwizz is on about :p but it's 5k for a small bag (50 shots) bit pricey I think.

My issue with the skilltree is that I've never played woool before (and I dont think most of us have either) so how are we to know what skills we want the most without being able to try them? I was quite looking forward to Curse as I'm lvling with a wiz but I can't imagine going without poison either. Also poison lasts about 2secs at lvl 0 not sure if that is normal.

Have you tested to see if Curse works, pretty sure it never worked on DSM...could be wrong. Also look on your skills window, you can see arrrows, those are the tree's, when 1 skill spilts up into 2 arrows that means the next skill you can only learn the one if you know what i mean?.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Is there something wrong with Sear?

It says summons several flaming knifes to damage an enemy but it doesn't do that at all.

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
Is there something wrong with Sear?

It says summons several flaming knifes to damage an enemy but it doesn't do that at all.

Are you sure? What's your ingame name again? So you can show me what the problem is.

Amotea

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
Have you tested to see if Curse works, pretty sure it never worked on DSM...could be wrong..
I've just tested Poison and Curse (2 variations per skill) and they both seem to work correctly. The description in the skill window needs to be changed, but that should be an easy fix.

symphonius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
Reboot should be done.

The following things have been changed:

-Added grouping incentives. Players in a group will receive an experience bonus, which means
the total mob xp doesn't simply get divided by the amount of players (assuming equal levels all around).
Furthermore, having one of each class (ie Warrior, Wizard, Taoist) in your group also grants a bonus. Exact values for these bonusses are still open for debate.
-The book store now removes spells. This will cost money in the future but because of the confusion
around exclusive skills this currently has no cost. Might have to relog for some skills, not sure.
-The boss that spawns in the West Temple KR should now drop items.
-The boss in the West Temple KR should no longer crash the game.
-Potion drop %'s have been increased for some dungeons.
-The ranged zombies in the mines have had their damage adjusted downwards as temporary solution.
Their attack is only supposed to connect when they line up with you; but instead they always hit.
-Added missing spells to Mines drop files
-The quest 'Ending the Draught' should now provide the player with more valuable rewards (armor for their level range, among other things)
-Prices for poisons, dolls and amulets have been adjusted slightly.
-Prices for potions have been adjusted slightly.
-The Crafter NPC had material costs adjusted for some items.
-Thunderbolt had its damage slightly increased
-Refining disabled for now, chances were completely off. Needs revising.

These changes have been tested us as much as time constraints allow so as usual, we really appreciate your feedback.
We are aware of the database bug that occurs on death but we have been unable to reproduce this after many attempts. If anyone has more specifics, please let us know. This is high priority, hopefully we can fix this soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.