Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Reboot should be done.

The following things have been changed:

-Added grouping incentives. Players in a group will receive an experience bonus, which means
the total mob xp doesn't simply get divided by the amount of players (assuming equal levels all around).
Furthermore, having one of each class (ie Warrior, Wizard, Taoist) in your group also grants a bonus. Exact values for these bonusses are still open for debate.
-The book store now removes spells. This will cost money in the future but because of the confusion
around exclusive skills this currently has no cost. Might have to relog for some skills, not sure.
-The boss that spawns in the West Temple KR should now drop items.
-The boss in the West Temple KR should no longer crash the game.
-Potion drop %'s have been increased for some dungeons.
-The ranged zombies in the mines have had their damage adjusted downwards as temporary solution.
Their attack is only supposed to connect when they line up with you; but instead they always hit.
-Added missing spells to Mines drop files
-The quest 'Ending the Draught' should now provide the player with more valuable rewards (armor for their level range, among other things)
-Prices for poisons, dolls and amulets have been adjusted slightly.
-Prices for potions have been adjusted slightly.
-The Crafter NPC had material costs adjusted for some items.
-Thunderbolt had its damage slightly increased
-Refining disabled for now, chances were completely off. Needs revising.

These changes have been tested us as much as time constraints allow so as usual, we really appreciate your feedback.
We are aware of the database bug that occurs on death but we have been unable to reproduce this after many attempts. If anyone has more specifics, please let us know. This is high priority, hopefully we can fix this soon.

Do you know that print screen crashes the game?

Check stats and compare.
Base stats could be a problem, both level 17 wizards, HP/MP are fine and also MC/DC/SC gains look fine too.
24zzxis.jpg

6pterk.jpg

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Good update. Not got enough time to play atm hopefully get time soon though

Amotea

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
Scorched is bugged, it does no damage at all.
Tested it (you were there actually :p) and it seems to work (the mob does actually have to hit you for the spell to trigger, that might be why it didn't seem to work).

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
If you start the first quest were you have to go into that little town and speak to grocer. once you click inquire you cant click on it again.

Also you can double click to put weapon on but not start armour

Last edited:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
The thing thats bothering me is that my friends can't play with out me because warriors suck and they can only really level when a wizard is there so ye i guess that starter pet would be a good idea.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Spoke with frog about this he's going to test warriors tonight to see if they need adjusting.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I've never noticed them.

Also there isn't really any group bonus i get less exp leveling with a warrior and a tao then i do with a warrior or a tao is it supposed to be like that?

Amotea

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
If you start the first quest were you have to go into that little town and speak to grocer. once you click inquire you cant click on it again.
You have to do what he says first to continue the quest (kill a scarecrow).

Is there a site/forum for information on quest location/rewards much like mir2resources?
Currently not, and there probably won't be an official one. It kind of takes away from the mystery/exploration part of the game. There will definitely be more quests and maybe we'll add more hints as to where the quest givers are though.

Invisible mobs outside Gobi Desert town.
Haven't encountered them... are you saying that you're being attacked without seeing any mobs?

Also there isn't really any group bonus i get less exp leveling with a warrior and a tao then i do with a warrior or a tao is it supposed to be like that?
The way it works is that you get extra XP when you're in a group and even more XP when the group you're in has at least 1 war, 1 wiz and 1 tao. Of course this doesn't mean that being in 3 man party will give more xp than being in a 2 man party (in absolute terms). It's just that relatively you'll get more xp, and in the end (because you should be able to kill mobs faster) you should receive more XP than being in a 2 man party.

the grind is really really boring, uninstall after level 5
Sorry to hear it, thanks for playing!

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Couple of questions then, what's better? Poison or Curse? Raise or Summon?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Couple of questions then, what's better? Poison or Curse? Raise or Summon?

Poison/Summon (wtf is Raise? lol but summon skel anyway, use as a tank or a wall).

I decided to stop playing and the reason why is because nothing has been added to this, set the exp at 3-4x? which is classed as a extremely low rate server and not give any better ways to level then grind? ok few starting quests but did they actually help anyone? You removed most of woools contents which makes no sense at all and left only the grind factor.

I don't mind the grind and anyone who played Dsm woool would know this but this is ridiculous, there isn't enough functionality in woool 1.8 to create such a successful low rate server. Am not saying increase the rates but what i do suggest is that you add features 1-30 to help people because you can't expect people who have never played woool to sit there and grind the same mobs all night.

3 things which you could do in seconds and would help so much.

Pets - 2 Pets Lv1-22 / 1 Pet Lv22-30
Open Purgatory (Double Exp) 6pm to 8pm. (usually 1hour but change it)
Put the Teleports back in to Veteran

Just my suggestion.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Poison/Summon (wtf is Raise? lol but summon skel anyway, use as a tank or a wall).

I decided to stop playing and the reason why is because nothing has been added to this, set the exp at 3-4x? which is classed as a extremely low rate server and not give any better ways to level then grind? ok few starting quests but did they actually help anyone? You removed most of woools contents which makes no sense at all and left only the grind factor.

I don't mind the grind and anyone who played Dsm woool would know this but this is ridiculous, there isn't enough functionality in woool 1.8 to create such a successful low rate server. Am not saying increase the rates but what i do suggest is that you add features 1-30 to help people because you can't expect people who have never played woool to sit there and grind the same mobs all night.

3 things which you could do in seconds and would help so much.

Pets - 2 Pets Lv1-22 / 1 Pet Lv22-30
Open Purgatory (Double Exp) 6pm to 8pm. (usually 1hour but change it)
Put the Teleports back in to Veteran

Just my suggestion.

Have to agree with Sanity here, can't see me grinding for much longer

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Pets are pretty bore it becomes a case of stand around watching pet kill mobs? That's even more boring imo :/

Status
Not open for further replies.