Edit Item description

smoochy boys on tour

stigmas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2009
Spain
Hi, i´d like to edit the item description to see AC, DC, Level Req .... and no chinese letters.

What files do i have to edit? i supposed it has to be hex edited?

Thanks

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Hi, i´d like to edit the item description to see AC, DC, Level Req .... and no chinese letters.

What files do i have to edit? i supposed it has to be hex edited?

Thanks

This is the major flaw when it comes to woool, The Chinese have not yet developed a Client source for woool which means we have to hex edit these. The file you need to edit is woool.dat.update located in Client Data Folder.

Just incase login game and open Task Manager and check to see if woool.dat.update is running or woool.dat, it really dosn't matter either way as both files are exactly the same, am pretty sure i used woool.dat.update though.

Edit: Your Hero sword is missing the glow?

stigmas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2009
Spain
Edit: Your Hero sword is missing the glow?

- If you´re talking my hero´s sword, it has red glow
- If you´re talking my pj´s sword (i dont know if it´s called HeroSword :) ) It hasnt glow, should have?

;-------------

Im having troubles to translate woool.dat.update, i´ve never done it before and i´d like to learn how to do it.

format is Unicode, when try to copy right screen chinese characters to paste in google translator, it paste ascii characters. I guess what I'm doing it all wrong. Any ideas to keep trying?

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Oh it's ok i was talking about the red sword glow, looking at the character screen the hero sword is missing the glow but it's ok when viewed when hero is out, not sure if this is normal il have to check on sdo.

The best editor to use is UltraEdit mate, i don't have a link to a cracked copy but am sure you can find it on a torrent site or you could request it on here. Remember you can't increase bytes of a string otherwise you will break it.

1 Chinese symbol = 2 English Letters

重量 = "Weight" we can't use this because we can only use 4 letters, so you would need to put Wght or Wgt what ever you like as long as you don't increase it. Sometimes you are able to use more bytes aslong as you don't go over any code.

1z682vd.jpg

As you can see 重量1 and after it, it has 2 free bytes, this means you can use 2 extra letters, i know it shows 3 free bytes but you must always leave a free byte between each string. A free byte is 00 as you can see in the image above.

So the full string is D6 D8 C1 BF 31 00 00 00

Red are the bytes you can use, the blue is the byte between the next string which needs to be left alone.

Last edited:

stigmas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2009
Spain
Thanks Sanity, you´re great, without your help i would never have gotten it.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Thanks Sanity, you´re great, without your help i would never have gotten it.

See the brown text, thats like a little description of the item, you can translate this from ItemCfg inside Data/Config.

Good work, looking good.