More questions!

stigmas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2009
Spain
- I think there's a problem with EQUAL $TASK, it doesnt work whit this files.
When you first time enter the game you get the butcher's quest.

Butcher-0.txt
Code:
(@sell)
%100
+40
[@main]

#SAY
Welcome, do you have any meat for me today?\
\
#IF
large $Task(21) 2
small $Task(21) 5
#SAY
<Quest/@_RW_entry>\

#IF
equal $Task(21) 1  ; -------->t[COLOR=#0000ff]his sentence doesnt work.  If i change to small $TASK (21) 2 it works[/COLOR]
#SAY                              [COLOR=#0000ff]; so i never see the #SAY sentence <Quest/@_RW_entry>\[/COLOR]
<Quest/@_RW_entry>\
#IF
#SAY
<Sell Meats/@sell>\
<Exit/@exit>

[@_RW_entry]
#CALL [\Quests\NoviceQuests\ButchersKnife.txt] [MENTION=13523]cape[/MENTION]Village-Butcher

[@sell]
Please select the Meats you wish to sell.\
\
<Back/@main>

- I'm also translating the magic description (F11)
If i modify the yellow chinese letters in the file /woool/data/config/skillshelp.xml it breaks and doesn´t show any description.
If i try to hex edit woool.dat.update and translate chinese letter it also break
If i modify woool.dat nothing happen.
What have i to modify?

skilldescription.jpg

- Also want to translate
金币
to gold.

Sanity, what should i do? open a new thread to every new question (i've hundreds :)) or update this one?

Thanks

---------- Post added 12-11-2011 at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-11-2011 at 04:18 PM ----------

UPDATE 12/11/2011

* Everytime i level up a window appears, i'd like to translate it but i dont find the file.
Also the chinese letters in chat window (you´ve entered a safe zone ....).
Someone can help me?
20111112112449.jpg

* I would like to add quest when you reach a level. If you are a wizard and reach level 7 fireball quest is added to task window. I´ve tried in QFunction.txt with @PlayLevelUp:
[@PlayLevelUp] ----> it doesn't work, i suppose it is not coded
#IF
Checklevelex = 7
#ACT
ADDTASK .......

any idea?

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

* There are some problems with some magic skills, like masshealing (群体治疗术) and holy armor (神圣战甲术). I cant learn by double click on the book, neither using command in script:
#ACT
addskill 神圣战甲术

* How can add skills to hero?

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Problem with these files is there is no clear help. Sanity is doing a good job in providing what he can, but missing ALOT of the basic information to create a server.

E.g. Script commands

1. A step by step guide needs to be created on how to setup the server to basically get the door open (So people can login etc)
2. Full information needs to be provided about what can and can't be changed, and also if it can be changed, how can it be changed? I personally will download the files, translate EVERYTHING possible and re-upload the files readily setup to go.
3. Other extra information also needs to be added, such as on Mir2 we have the MONGEN that spawns mobs...does this have that? Can it be changed?

Seriously need a proper guide, provide it and this will grab more attention that it needs

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Quest command i will look at.

Skill name needs to match skillshelp.xml and Woool.dat.Update, it has to be exactly the same otherwise it will break.

Safezone and Gold translation are coded.

@Sonic
I posted a guide to setup 1.9 before, it's just exactly the same as Hero Mir.

A guide on all the commands is a good idea but with the lack of intrest after the source was released its put me off abit.

Yes the files have MonGen.txt along with all the rest just like Mir and yes it can be change to what ever you want, just pick the source up.

Also the skills for hero are not the skills for your main, heroes have different skill books, they should be in the database and all you do is put the skill into the hero bag and double click.

@PlayLevelUp? This a mir command? then no i have never seen it before and am not about to start adding custom commands as the files still need alot of work.

Last edited:

stigmas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2009
Spain
I would like learn to compile, not to code at the moment :).
I've installed delphi7 and 2007 and also Raize Components v5.5.1. Do I have to install something else? I've translated several files but when i try to compile a i get an error:
File not found: "exceptionlog.dcu"
Here a screen:

delphie.jpg

If i delete exceptionlog from uses

It continue compiling until i get another error:

* Sanity, Is there any map viewer for woool?

Last edited:

stigmas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2009
Spain
Ohh what a pitty no mapviewr atm.

Thanks Sanity , i've installed eurekalog and now im getting different error

delphimorerrors.jpg

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
You need to install the comps, they are all included i think. Also link your common folder in the search path.

stigmas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2009
Spain
Common folder is in the search path, but what are the components do i need to install?

delphicommon.jpg

SOLVED: Delete Jsocket

Last edited: