smoochy boys on tour

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
The Aim

Today we start a new campaign to promote and encourage the use of both Ruby 2.6+ files and the Heroes files over the out dated and over used TD 2.3 files.

Why?

We have very hard working coders who spend their spare time in order to give you the best experience possible within the world of Legend of Mir private servers.

What's the difference?

RubyM2 follows the official Korean (Wemade) version of Mir2.
Heroes follows the official Chinese (Shanda) version of Mir2.
They are both packed with a whole host of very different features, all of which can be found in their dedicated sections here on the forum.

How can I help?

Place the following image bar somewhere in your signature to show your support.

rubycampaign.png

Is there anything else?

Anybody who successfully runs an online server using either of these file sets for a minimum of 1 month will be granted a free advertisement banner for that server somewhere here on the LOMCN forum, for the duration of 1 month.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Not to mention the ample problems 2.3 faces which are unfixable due to it no longer being worked on.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Onboard sonny.

If people want the game to expand and carry on for as many years as its been out, these files need to be used as 2.3 will kill Mir :(

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
I'm not really bothered what files people use aslong as they bring out a fun server that gives people something to play but would prefer people use 2.3 or heroes ;)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm not really bothered what files people use aslong as they bring out a fun server that gives people something to play but would prefer people use 2.3 or heroes ;)

As a member of staff I expect you to be onboard with this.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005

As a member of staff I expect you to be onboard with this.

You can't force someone to agree with your opinion.

Its up to people what they use, if they don't want to use the two sets of files outlined here then they are a little stupid.

Reactions: ChaseyLane

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
You can't force someone to agree with your opinion.

Its up to people what they use, if they don't want to use the two sets of files outlined here then they are a little stupid.

But as Staff and representatives of LOMCN we should encourage the growth of the game and keep our opinions to ourselves. Im not a massive fan of 2.3, ruby or heroes but I encourage the use of them to keep LOMCN going.

This isn't about opinions, its about moving with times.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Im not a massive fan of 2.3, ruby or heroes but I encourage the use of them to keep LOMCN going.

So why are you here? out of boredom ? the heroes and ruby files have come such a long way from 2.3 it's just daft people aint using them and most probably because alot are set in there ways with 2.3 as they know how it works within the files, but if people took more than 5 mins trying to create a server they would see the benifits of using the more up to date set of files, my fav being the heroes due to anyone being able to use them and host (light weight). Either way both files are a much better option over 2.3 and my thanks goes out to all those involved in developing both sets of files.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
So why are you here? out of boredom ?

because I'm a fan, just not a massive one. Its the community and the people along with the odd server thats kept me interested.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i don't play mir, so my opinion doesn't count. but i also think everyone should move to the latest files. you're holding everyone back with your stupid stoneage ways!

also AMG to fernys still being up. Makes me wanna host some Frozen files.

mapadale

But as Staff and representatives of LOMCN we should encourage the growth of the game and keep our opinions to ourselves. Im not a massive fan of 2.3, ruby or heroes but I encourage the use of them to keep LOMCN going.

This isn't about opinions, its about moving with times.
Just because your staff here, doesn't mean you have to have a forced opinion and both yours and Tai's is telling staff what they can and can't have an opinion on. If we lived in a society where we are forced by politics and not allowed to have a free opinion, then society would surely be screwed.

But I do agree that people do need to move with the times, but most enjoy playing with the 2.3 files and its not there fault no one developed them further. But it could happen with the Ruby and Heroe files, something better comes along and it will get dropped just like 2.3 did and this will happen, its the LOM way......

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Just because your staff here, doesn't mean you have to have a forced opinion and both yours and Tai's is telling staff what they can and can't have an opinion on. If we lived in a society where we are forced by politics and not allowed to have a free opinion, then society would surely be screwed.

But I do agree that people do need to move with the times, but most enjoy playing with the 2.3 files and its not there fault no one developed them further. But it could happen with the Ruby and Heroe files, something better comes along and it will get dropped just like 2.3 did and this will happen, its the LOM way......

Shut up once again Mapa. No one is saying they have to like it, But be on board an encourage the use of them.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
people have their own opinions, but its like working at Comet then telling all the customers not to buy blu ray which has a lot of margin for comet, but to buy a VCR which is discontinued and makes Comet no profit.

You have your own opinions, but when you have to be the face of a company, regardless of what you believe you have to show you support them.

I work for a large retailer, and regardless of my personal opinions of the company i have to show i fully support them in every way.

/Morning rant over

mapadale

Shut up once again Mapa. No one is saying they have to like it, But be on board an encourage the use of them.
There we go with the egotistical attitude, really Prai don't you think its time to grow up.

@Farphit

LOMCN isn't a business and so really doesn't fit well with a business model, everything that is developed on lomcn is developed by its users and not lomcn directly. The staff here are either choosen on merit, or who can brown nose the best. If staff are supposed to be representing lomcn, then its high time that a staff shape up was done, as some clearly are not doing what they should be doing.

But in respect to the thread, we are all indaviduals and are entitled to our opinions, this also includes the staff here. Otherwise if every member of staff here fell in to place as little hitler soldiers, then surely the site would suffer from having only a single voice.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Mapa, You just don't get it do you.

US as staff should be on-board anything that will improve LOMCN, Everyone is allowed an opinion your right, but when the admins want to advertise the use of these files, ALL STAFF have to be on-board regardless of their opinions.

And this is a discussion about the files, Not what you may see as a staff issue.

mapadale

Mapa, You just don't get it do you.

US as staff should be on-board anything that will improve LOMCN, Everyone is allowed an opinion your right, but when the admins want to advertise the use of these files, ALL STAFF have to be on-board regardless of their opinions.

And this is a discussion about the files, Not what you may see as a staff issue.
As I said before my last comment, I'm all for the use of the newer files and think it is a good idea to be promoted, but all I'm pointing out as both you and Tai have done it. Is the fact staff are entitled to have an opinion and that should be respected by the rest of the staff.