"Use Heroes or Ruby - Not 2.3"

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I respect all opinions, But as said numerous times. THEY ARE STAFF AND HAVE TO BE ON-BOARD WHATEVER THE TEAM DECIDES.

Farphit's explanation is all that was needed, just because were not a business doesn't mean the structure we have should be any different.

And do you not think that the staff can speak for themselves. Getting yourself worked up again for nothing that includes you.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I know what you're saying, but maybe it's time LOMCN had a single voice, and a set direction of where it should be heading. If people want to use the old files still then fair enough, its not our server. But LOMCN should be more then entitled to remove 2.3 content (not servers, just links, pinned guides etc) in an attempt to move the community forward.

On most gaming communities i visit, if new files are released they usually replace the old files. Obviously there will always be people who like the old files more because everyone can pick faults, but if thats their choice then it should be down to them to find the files and guides for it. I think we're overcomplicating a simple game like mir by having so many different sets available.

I have no idea whos on the staff list today, but imo all staff members should represent their community in a professional manner, as it would a company.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
I'm going to point out here that there was a time when these files didn't want to be released by the owners, I released them because I wanted the community to move forward so I know where your coming from. (This was at a time where the files were being set somehow to server owners, but only certain people).

Certain points that mapa said make sense, specially the staffing position. If you want people to use these files then you need the staff to match the files to help the users.

For example, you need someone who has great knowledge of the two sets for the Mir2 Advisor's, The trouble is the people who have the best knowledge of the files and what they are capable of have been treated badly in the past and either stepped down or been booted.

I think a reply system needs to be added to the forum or maybe a point system, you build points on helping then you can use your 'contribution' points to unlock threads with releases. The forum is meant to be about development and helping others, this does not happen without 'forcing' people to learn the files as nowadays they don't seem to really look into files.

A lot of what I said is a ramble and won't make much sense its just off the top of my head.

I have no idea whos on the staff list today, but imo all staff members should represent their community in a professional manner, as it would a company.

This = True,
But a lot of the staff are not professional in their approach to moderating, giving opinions or even generally conversing with other members. Since when do you see a company member telling a member of public to 'shut up' if their opinion doesn't match their own. (One example)

Hope Prai doesn't think I'm picking on him there, I'm just pointing out mannerisms.

Last edited:

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Azura, I wasn't telling him to shut up with his opinion to this topic, I was telling him to shut up generally as in the past year he's become the biggest arse and has to argue the toss with everyone about everything.

This has been made a big deal over nothing. It's common sense that if you moderate (work) for lomcn and you are looked upon ad a representative for the forum then airing you opinions that directly downgrade what the admins are trying to do is unneeded. Take it up with them by all means, but we are a team and as that you respect and encourage such an idea that will keep the game current and in demand.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
Azura, I wasn't telling him to shut up with his opinion to this topic, I was telling him to shut up generally as in the past year he's become the biggest arse and has to argue the toss with everyone about everything.

This has been made a big deal over nothing. It's common sense that if you moderate (work) for lomcn and you are looked upon ad a representative for the forum then airing you opinions that directly downgrade what the admins are trying to do is unneeded. Take it up with them by all means, but we are a team and as that you respect and encourage such an idea that will keep the game current and in demand.

I was pointing out that if LOMCN was to be ran in the way a company does then all members of public (non-staff members) should be treated with equal mannerisms no matter what they have to say in a public thread, any Infractions / Problems should be dealt with privately not for all to see in a public thread.

This just dissolves LOMCN's professional approach to things.

If it is dealt with publicly it should be in a professional manner.

In any case, I would say promoting newer files is a good Idea maybe archiving should come back.

Last edited:

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Legendary
Mar 12, 2005
Azura, a tad pot kettle black, no?

There was a big difference when I was Admin, Everyone else went inactive if you remember. No other staff/admins were to be seen.

I did what I did to spur a reaction from other staff/admins and get them to get off their backsides and notice LOMCN still existed. (They can say they weren't inactive but anyone around at that time can tell you there was a lack of admins / staff.)

But I think this is going a tad off-topic :)

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
There was a big difference when I was Admin, Everyone else went inactive if you remember. No other staff/admins were to be seen.

I did what I did to spur a reaction from other staff/admins and get them to get off their backsides and notice LOMCN still existed.

But I think this is going a tad off-topic :)

That's not what I was talking about, I was referring to your general demeanor. (which I do not have a problem with, but it was far from being as saint-like as you're now suggesting everyone else should be.)

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Its nice to encourage it but at end of day, its upto people which files they choose each server owner has a set idea for there server and each set of files differ. Maybe what you should be focusing on is updating each section with guides on what these files are capable ofi and how to use these new features.

Sorry but in MY OPPINION a little banner is pointless

Not to mention the ample problems 2.3 faces which are unfixable due to it no longer being worked on.
TD is working on 2.3 files atm I spoke to him other day, he just keeps hitting bugs.

As a member of staff I expect you to be onboard with this.
You cant force him to be onboard.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
That banner is gay.

Don't understand what your trying to achive by doing this if am honest, just let the community choose what they like because lets face it, it's not many.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
That banner is gay.

Don't understand what your trying to achive by doing this if am honest, just let the community choose what they like because lets face it, it's not many.

It's trying to promote the use the newer set of files that have bypassed 2.3 by far, whats so hard to understand lol ? you can do so much more with the other files than you can 2.3 simple as. just no server owners have an imagination.... my fav being the heroes you could create a unique server to 2.3 by far... and be hosted on a home pc if so be it. Most are just stuck in there ways and know 2.3 and are to scared to try something new or change, which aint much.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Another serious thread ruined by our regular trolls. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
What we need for Ruby, is a detailed guide on getting the Web Registration setup.

The files are easy to ge trunning offline, but I've had a few people contact me regarding getting the Reg working - And to be honest, I also have no idea how it works!

Without a guide on this, the files are pointless for people to host apoublic server.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Ruby and Heroes = Devlopment section.

Thats the problem i see, if i was looking for some files i wouldn't go for them because i would just think that they are still in devlopment and need work otherwise they would be posted in the Mir2 section if they had a stable release.

I know they have a stable release and the whole idea is so they just recive any updates but thats because i been here for awhile but if i was new..

Ye and guides need doing, script gudes all that sort of jizz for those 2 versions. There too much information and guides for 2.3 and thats why people choose it.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
The biggest thing that puts me off has tobe the online registration who ever thought of that needs shooting. It just seems so much faffing about trying to set heros/2.6 up it just turns people away towards the 2.3

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Heroes are not online, they are just normal, and dead easy to setup.

Ruby is a little more of a ball ache, which is why we could do with someone making a nice guide for the Registration side.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Lil is going to add ingame registration at some point. Who knows when though, think he's just had his baby

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
The biggest thing that puts me off has tobe the online registration who ever thought of that needs shooting. It just seems so much faffing about trying to set heros/2.6 up it just turns people away towards the 2.3
Heroes are easier to set up than 2.3 lol

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
problem with both the files is they have glitches whilst in pvp (not the way the spells work befor you all say 2.3 is ****ed) whilst 2.3 seems a hell of alot smoother, things like on ruby the small box to aim at a character, the fact when u cast a single hit spell it stops u moving for a second stuff like that, cant remember what heroes glitches wer