"Use Heroes or Ruby - Not 2.3"

XxMasonxX

LOMCN Member
Jun 2, 2011
Im gonna go off abit here.

I cannot get to grips with ruby files so quicker chucked them, the hero files are awesome how-ever......

I currently have a set of hero files that I work on,but me like many other people who like creating servers have a limit to what I can do. I cannot code new things into a hero server, I can only use what is available via this forum.
(Now with 2.3 files, i know no more updates are going to happen so I can just crack on with what I want to do)

the only problem with hero files is that they are still under development, ok they might be stable but on the other side i think they are easy exploitable (are they still open source??).

I always get hit with updates with my hero files, as as soon as an update for the files is available, a new set of files needs downloading and the updates put in manually.

Ive got alot of friends who dont like hero or ruby hence why I stick to 2.3.

When hero files are about complete with no updates needed i will continue my project, until then i stick to what i know.

Mason

(gonna keep watching this thread cuz its interesting)
like i said on another thread, not judge or throw away where the best part of mir started - i was not around for 1.4 and 1.9

All the best to Heros Team - keep up the good work!

Last edited:

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Heroe files would be the best to use and get started with easy to setup and start working on, but so many broken links for updates no one can start and get a complete up to date client, apart from that there a good set of files.

Ruby files only seem better because of quest system and stuff but setting up account creation page is hard for alot of people so they dont bother with these files.

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Heroe files would be the best to use and get started with easy to setup and start working on, but so many broken links for updates no one can start and get a complete up to date client, apart from that there a good set of files.

I did upload an updated client for the heroes files.

Reactions: MythRohan

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
When and where ? As i for one am missing serveral updates people have made that are major requirements to the client.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
The only problem I see with Ruby is lack of input from the two main coders.
There are several bugs but the bag weight issue is the main one.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
One gripe with heroes files is the interface. I don't like it at all, especially the chat box placement. Is there anyway to use the Korean interface or are there works in place to enable the inclusion of custom interfaces?

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
It only goes Left and Right mate. So yes above the bar only.

It's alrighti just went back on and had another look at it, it's OK i suppose. Could have sworn it was a little higher though...

barney79

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2007
Okay speaking from experience of the TD2.3 files, yes they was fun and had great attributes, the tables where easy to grasp and modify and so forth, but recently i have played around with the Heroes files, using the latest 322(?) form the thread that was posted and updated with the SVN there is a lot of work needed on them, like the heroes pets skills don't fully work, neither do other player skills. Yea I have played heroes files, but like TD2.3 files there is a lot of potential to be found. if people stick with 2.3 files its by choice, and as a community we must respect their choices... but in my own opinion... advertise ALL files to be used. I say this out of sheer thought for those that dont like change and the pure "oldskool" mir players, who miss the fun times before TDB, CHM, FF etc was implemented into game, and for those who like to jump feet first into something new like myself. saying stop using the 2.3 files wont kill LOMCN or reduce the amount of people that use it, but it wont increase the people using it either... and the same goes for saying carry on with the 2.3 files... it will neither kill or ruin LOMCN, because last I looked LOMCN stood for Legend Of Mir Community Network. But how can it be a community if people are forcing new things and ideas onto others that do not want them? In time they will come round, making them stop using the 2.3 files wont help.

But hey thats my opinion:)
and to each their own ^_^

horton

Bitter Berry
Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2007
heros completly change the game play. They make everything easier in an already not very hard game. My first experience of them was gamepot USA.
That server was set up to milk cash from fools. Everyone was overpowered and defence stats too high and more HP. Poor sweet thing players couldn't be allowed to fail or die. They might stop handing over cash. Using heros the most incompetent useless players could solo DD.
I like the game evolving. Some of the new maps and idea are excellent. Changing the gameplay is not my idea of improvement.

Reactions: ChaseyLane

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Should we still be trying to campaign for the use of heroes considering these files are dead in the water now?