SQL Script Problems

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Ive been trying to learn to SQL manip but iv come to a dead end, can anyone tell me where iv gone wrong please.
Iv tried adding 1 field at a time and it all goes well until i get more in depth and then it jsut falls apart. this is my CD error

17:49:29:Exception) FormatStr '%s',%s,%s,%s Geo 0 0,(WizzardArts)_Merlin,TaoistTemple\WizzBook
17:49:29:Exception) TFrmSql.WriteSqlValue -> ExecSQL 2
17:49:29: :insert into Mainquest (Name,QuestLevel,Qsect,Qgold) Values(Name='Geo')

Code:
[@main]
#SAY
<Quest/@qqq>\\

[@qqq]
#ACT
    FormatStr "Name='%s'" %USERNAME 
  ReadValueSql  "Mainquest"  %A9  "Name,QuestLevel,Qsect,Qgold" [@precheck1]   

;We use %A9 as this is a temp variable stored and created by Mir3 from the previous FormatStr, in other words, %A9 = FLD_NOTHING1='%GUILDNAME'
;Now this line will try to read your guildname in TBL_NOTHING, and look up the name, and the amount of gold your guild has. 

[@precheck1()]
#ACT
    Mov   A3      %ARG(1)     ;Retrieve Username and stores into A3
    Mov   D1      %ARG(2)    ;Retrieves section and stores into D1 variable 1levrl
    Mov   D2      %ARG(3) ;qsect
    Mov   D3      %ARG(4) ;qgold
goto @menu2
#IF
   Equal  A3   ""     ;If there is no guild listed under this name it makes an entry below
#ACT
    FormatStr "'%s',%s,%s,%s" %USERNAME 0 0, 0      ;We format your guildname and add in 0 gold to the string
    Mov A8 %A9          ;Move the temporarily generated mir3 variable into a permanent one
    FormatStr "Name='%s'" %USERNAME          ;Format your guildname to do a search for the guild in the field
    Mov A2 %A9          ;Move the results into a permanent A2 variable
    WriteValueSql "Mainquest" %A2 "Name,QuestLevel,Qsect,Qgold" %A8    ;So we add in a new entry to the table, that includes your guildname and the amount 0 gold
    goto @menu2
#ELSEACT
goto @menu2

Yolom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Spain
All is correct, but are missing TBL_ and FLD_

Try this, and tell me.

Code:
[@main]
#SAY
<Quest/@qqq>\\

[@qqq]
#ACT
    FormatStr "[COLOR="#006400"]FLD_[/COLOR]Name='%s'" %USERNAME 
  ReadValueSql  "[COLOR="#006400"]TBL_[/COLOR]Mainquest"  %A9  "[COLOR="#006400"]FLD_[/COLOR]Name,[COLOR="#006400"]FLD_[/COLOR]QuestLevel,[COLOR="#006400"]FLD_[/COLOR]Qsect,[COLOR="#006400"]FLD_[/COLOR]Qgold" [@precheck1]   

;We use %A9 as this is a temp variable stored and created by Mir3 from the previous FormatStr, in other ;words, %A9 = FLD_NOTHING1='%GUILDNAME'
;Now this line will try to read your guildname in TBL_NOTHING, and look up the name, and the amount of ;gold your guild has. 

[@precheck1()]
#ACT
    Mov   A3      %ARG(1)     ;Retrieve Username and stores into A3
    Mov   D1      %ARG(2)    ;Retrieves section and stores into D1 variable 1levrl
    Mov   D2      %ARG(3) ;qsect
    Mov   D3      %ARG(4) ;qgold
goto @menu2
#IF
   Equal  A3   ""     ;If there is no guild listed under this name it makes an entry below
#ACT
    FormatStr "'%s',%s" %USERNAME 0   
    Mov A8 %A9         
    FormatStr "[COLOR="#006400"]FLD_[/COLOR]Name='%s'" %USERNAME       
    Mov A2 %A9          
    WriteValueSql "TBL_Mainquest" %A2 "FLD_Name,FLD_QuestLevel,FLD_Qsect,FLD_Qgold" %A8    ;So we add in a new entry to the table, that includes your guildname and the amount 0 gold
    goto @menu2
#ELSEACT
goto @menu2

Hope it works.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask me anything, I can help with SQL whatever.

Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
kk ty and so do i, but i always dodged learning SQL lol

---------- Post added 25-02-2012 at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was 22-02-2012 at 10:27 PM ----------

since an argument can only hold 3 entries, whats the best way to add multiple entries, like my new script i have 8 fields, how would i set them all as 0 in a minimal script

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
kk ty and so do i, but i always dodged learning SQL lol

---------- Post added 25-02-2012 at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was 22-02-2012 at 10:27 PM ----------

since an argument can only hold 3 entries, whats the best way to add multiple entries, like my new script i have 8 fields, how would i set them all as 0 in a minimal script

Lol ?

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
no... scripting is very different/more logical in mir2. And it doesn't make sense because.... I don't see how it relates to the definition of the word...

Upvote 0