New Sdo Mir2 Global Server

Join Discord

LoMDiGiDJ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2004
Because we are all just dreaming about someone taking it over and it taking over our lives again....This isnt going to happen.
i think we need to start pushing someone to make a professional Euro mir style private server. Same exp rates, drop rates and items stats etc...

I think this would take off a storm

This

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If the game was kept updated like the CN and KR versions, ran by a competant company, AND it was this new jizz-in-your-pants new version of Mir, it would definitely retain more than enough players to be profitable. I remember having to log off of Dragon server and play on Pheonix because D was too packed back in the day when original Mir2 was considered a good quality game (for the time I mean)!

If it was launched over here it would definitely do well. Hell Mir3 would've done well if it was kept updated. I know I wouldn't of quit anyway.

Look at how many people in the west play Conquer and Eudemons currently, hell even Diablo3 (I saw Mir as an upgrade to Diablo 2 back in the day), then combine that with the fact that the server code isn't leaked, so no private servers.

It would definitely do very well, there is no 2.5D MMO up to the standards of that version of Mir currently.

Suppose the only problem is, if it was released over here we'd see the likes of WeMade.net (NOT the same company as the Korean developers for anyone who doesn't already know) or JoyMax publishing it. Eurgh. I'd still lap it up in an instant though.

Why do people think this? Wemade USA is Wemade. Just like thousands of other companies that have branches in different countries. I mean you wouldn't call Nintendo Europe a different company than Nintendo Japan. They're both Nintendo.

-edit- And yes wemade.net is Wemade USA. Their support email is [email protected]

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
A euro private server will never be the same as euro, why dont people realize this?

your not going to spend 1year levelin to 45 again... ur never gonna have such a huge community that made the game great

people really need to get over it.

If you like mir, play a private server that suits u and make it into a good server like euro

Last edited:

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
A euro private server will never be the same as euro, why dont people realize this?

your not going to spend 1year levelin to 45 again... ur never gonna have such a huge community that made the game great

people really need to get over it.

If you like mir, play a private server that suits u and make it into a good server like euro

Playing private servers sucks after the first week. Most private server owners barely even listen to feedback or they are twats and turn Mir into a bag of **** and even worse...high rate.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Playing private servers sucks after the first week. Most private server owners barely even listen to feedback or they are twats and turn Mir into a bag of **** and even worse...high rate.

yer cause offical games always listen to feedback lol.. your 1 of these people that have only ever played euro/usa mir and no other mmo i guess.

also, i fail to see why high rate is bad, its just a number, and a way u play the game... WOW for example has gone from "low rate" to "high rate" over the years... hasnt made it any worse. you sir talk ****

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK

You know I don't think i've seen one positive post from you yet, just oh coders need to do this, people need to do that. No you're wrong. There's a variety of servers because people like different types of servers not everyone wants a euro clone nor does everyone want ruby files, we all have different tastes so please change the record because you're starting to sound a bit broken.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
You know I don't think i've seen one positive post from you yet, just oh coders need to do this, people need to do that. No you're wrong. There's a variety of servers because people like different types of servers not everyone wants a euro clone nor does everyone want ruby files, we all have different tastes so please change the record because you're starting to sound a bit broken.
Stop moaning you bum. I don't like most of these private servers and will say they suck if that's what i think. I post positive comments also so get your facts right before you try mounting me over something so trivial.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
yer cause offical games always listen to feedback lol.. your 1 of these people that have only ever played euro/usa mir and no other mmo i guess.

also, i fail to see why high rate is bad, its just a number, and a way u play the game... WOW for example has gone from "low rate" to "high rate" over the years... hasnt made it any worse. you sir talk ****
Mir High rates suck and look stupid and clunky. Let's not get started on or make comparisons to WoW cus that'll have pandas in it soon.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Mir High rates suck and look stupid and clunky. Let's not get started on or make comparisons to WoW cus that'll have pandas in it soon.

Your such a moron lol, if the mir looks "stupid and clunky" eg uses the big weapons/armours etc... that is cause thats how the server wants it to be, got nothing to do with it bein a low or high rate. Theres no oversized armours on 3heros, and thats a high rate, it uses all offical mobs/armor/weapons... so ur theory is full of ****

oh ye, go ahead and tell me wow is **** lol, wot an idiot

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
Why the hell do people want YET ANOTHER Euro-clone private server, we've been playing the same content for years! If you haven't noticed they're ALL bloody Euro clones with altered XP rates and minor tweaks. Most of these tweaks consist of things that **** on the game, like cave teleports and whatnot. If it was possible some of these dickheads would probably try putting shitty instanced areas in our beloved Mir. **** that.

Lets face it, we will never again see a full up, hustlin' and bustlin' Bichion Wall in this version of Mir.

What we "need" out of the private server community is something interesting, something new. Something like SijoMir, who have literally scrapped the entire world, and are remaking it along with the item database. From scratch.
This is something that will impact the private server community, not another pissing Euro clone. No offence to those who play them and host them btw, whatever floats ya boat! I've just already played all that content before. I see no reason to go back to it, yet with 0.5% of the players it had in the official 1.4 days (if it had a usercount like that I'd still be playing though).

Why do people think this? Wemade USA is Wemade. Just like thousands of other companies that have branches in different countries. I mean you wouldn't call Nintendo Europe a different company than Nintendo Japan. They're both Nintendo.

-edit- And yes wemade.net is Wemade USA. Their support email is [email protected]
This is quite surprising... I was pretty certain Wemade USA were just a publishing company, because when I was asking one of the GMs in Mir3 about future updates and whatnot he was talking about having to pay Wemade for them. If what you're saying is correct, surely they would just apply the updates in-house as not much more than the translations would need to be done?
This is definitely news to me. But this is good news, as this definitely makes new-Mir more likely to release to us because they can self-publish it. (I'm still not certain WeMade.net is the same company... Why are they publishing games not made by WeMade on their site even? SilkRoad for example?)

Oh and Bon, WoW is the biggest pile of **** to ever drop on the MMO genre. They over-use instances to the ****ing EXTREAM, and it's more linear than a ****ing single player RPG. And because it got so popular, more developers are creating heavily instanced, linear games, slapping "MMO" on them and chucking them at all the retards that still buy them.

It's going to take a long time for the genre to repair its self because of that pile of **** of a game.

Last edited:

sprite110911

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Ahh now I remember, the big graphics update etc. Had totally forgotten about that.

Archer obviously makes the most sense though.
Paladin = too close cross between war/tao
Hunter = " " assassin
Shaman = " " tao

yes you're right :)
But Shanda will not open a Global Server anyway..
I'm Chinese i read all news about it

---------- Post Merged at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:36 PM ----------

I seen this the other day. And while they're calling it International until you see a press release from Shanda saying it's coming in English I wouldn't get too hyped.

The new Class might not be Archer btw. There is a selection of possible classes and they say it'll be one of them. Unless Archer has been confirmed. The choices are Paladin, Hunter, Stalker, Archer and Shaman.

It's all part of the expansion I posted about months ago. 32bit Colour etc, new world etc.
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showth...next-year-Mir2-to-Mir3-style-leap-in-graphics

Milo~ new class will be Archer for sure.
I came from China..
I read all news about it...
3941701_550x550_0.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Asia only I reckon. I can't imagine Wemade launching another Mir server outside of Asia.

-edit-

Some new Screenshots and news posted here http://news.17173.com/content/2012-06-21/20120621103052412_1.shtml

y0621cc05s.jpg

y0621cc06s.jpg

y0621cc07s.jpg

y0621cc08s.jpg

y0621cc10s.jpg

2.gif

y0621cc12s.jpg

y0621cc13s.jpg

y0621cc14s.jpg

Mir sure has come a long way hasn't it?
3.JPG

LoL nice Milo~~
It's shock that you know our 17173.com website :)

Razhiel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2012
tbh nice grafic but ... mir allways will the best clasic way ! and the old style

hegewes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 21, 2010
tbh i dont really suggest ppl playing a chinese server, they are money grabber and full of botters, gold farmers etc. and this sdo company is infamous for being a money grabber from its previous games with its powerful cash shop etc.

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
yes you're right :)
But Shanda will not open a Global Server anyway..
I'm Chinese i read all news about it
That's awesome :).
But have Shanda actually said this or is this just what the players think?

Cheers!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
That's awesome :).
But have Shanda actually said this or is this just what the players think?

Cheers!
there isnt enuff users to generate enough money for them to open 1, thats why gamepot closed. u gotta remember that the wemade and shanda mris have so many more users than what we used to have on euro

that bein said, if shanda or wemade actually hosted their game here, made it say half EXP from level 0-50, had all the new cool **** that they have.. i think id probably play, they would get a lot more users than what gamepot had.

altho i heard shanda is just all about the money and doesnt rly care abotu the state of their game, which sounds bad

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
As far as i know Shanda are releasing a global server for the rest of Asia, mainly Korean players.

I think Shanda Games were planning on opening their games over here but for the games they host their just isn't a big enough fan base for them. I doubt you will see any company pick this Mir to host over here, it will never be successful.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
there isnt enuff users to generate enough money for them to open 1, thats why gamepot closed. u gotta remember that the wemade and shanda mris have so many more users than what we used to have on euro

that bein said, if shanda or wemade actually hosted their game here, made it say half EXP from level 0-50, had all the new cool **** that they have.. i think id probably play, they would get a lot more users than what gamepot had.

altho i heard shanda is just all about the money and doesnt rly care abotu the state of their game, which sounds bad

I don't think people left Gamepot because it was hard to lvl...lol, they left cos it was full of bots, could buy SoWG's in a gift box and it had no staff. Once again it just comes down to bad management and bad support from Wemade KR.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I don't think people left Gamepot because it was hard to lvl...lol, they left cos it was full of bots, could buy SoWG's in a gift box and it had no staff. Once again it just comes down to bad management and bad support from Wemade KR.
I never said they left cause leveling was hard, i said personally id only play if the levelin was easier... altho if probably play even if the levelin was hard but only if it had the good content / good support.

Personally tho i think theres always going to be bots and cheats on mir just because of the way they are coded and how many people have access to the source. Which is a shame, but then again a lot of good games are ruined by hacks eventually, just the way it goes i guess

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009

Full of bots,cheats,exploiters from day one. They just couldn't stop mirmyth (they even had the program). It got worse when the MM seller dropped his price to £5.25 a month.

Last edited:

FROZEN5

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2013
So much for it being international... Getting our hopes up... lol . I do hope we get an official mir again as unlikely as it is.